You'll Hear Surf Music (again)..

For anyone in the SB area Thursday, the 18th, this will be a good show. “Roy” is a nice venue (Jack Johnson got his start there), and I’ve got some paintings up.

This event is coming right on the heels (the evening prior- Wednesday) of a shindig for the 30th anniversary of “Big Wednesday” (which- love it or hate it- was one of Hollywood’s better takes on surfing), the screenplay of which was co-written by Denny Aaberg (with Director John Milius).

AG

Go Al!

Good luck with that one man…I hope there’s loads’a ladies to go a woo’in…

Josh

Quote:

For anyone in the SB area Thursday, the 18th, this will be a good show. “Roy” is a nice venue (Jack Johnson got his start there), and I’ve got some paintings up.

This event is coming right on the heels (the evening prior- Wednesday) of a shindig for the 30th anniversary of “Big Wednesday” (which- love it or hate it- was one of Hollywood’s better takes on surfing), the screenplay of which was co-written by Denny Aaberg (with Director John Milius).

AG

Sorry, I know this isn’t necessarily surfboard- building related, but I wanted to put it back on the top of the board because I’m sitting here listening to Sam and Denny’s great new cd- literally hot off the press- and I think it deserves some exposure (I wouldn’t back it if I didn’t think it was worthy). Latin-jazz tinged guitar takes of surf music classics (“Miserlou” among others) as well as original compositions (“Kassia’s Serenade”).

Hope that some of you can make it Thursday.

AG

Wish I could Allan - Glad to see you’re still hanging around.

Ever come back up N.W. to haunt the point?

Perry is comin’ up next month…

I’m hoping for a good pilgrimage, but I’m only a three hour tour away…

Peace -

Hey Taylor.

Yep, still hangin’ around!

The point (and the NW in general) is part of my DNA (I was born there, and most of my family still lives there)- its always in the back of my mind.

Just sent a board up to one of The Boys (Todd S.)

Say “Hey” to Perry for me. I saw him regularly when I took a sojourn to the (CA) Central Coast, a year or two back. He’s still ripping.

AG

Right on Allan - Is that Todd S. the Todd liven down in Wheeler with the wife from S.A.? Nice guy.

As for Perry - Will do. Yeah, that guy is pure stoke and inspiration.

Peace -

Just a friendly reminder of the show, tomorrow night, as well as tonight’s showing of “Big Wednesday” at the Santa Barbara Courthouse Sunken Gardens.

Its a beautiful early Fall evening, grab a blanket and a friend and come on down.

AG