....." you're NOT still skating at YOUR age , ARE you ??!! " .....

Greg Weaver.

photo by Warren Bolster

Sammy, right on all counts! Greg Weaver…

Thanks for putting that image in!

I remember that, think it ran in an old Cadillac Wheels ad or something…

Dammit Chip, I hurt myself just looking at a skateboard these days!

JD

Now I have the itch to go skate. Gotta order new wheels and bearings, first.

You don’t mean Lloyd Kahn ?

Author , blogger , architect , surfer n skater

Lloyd Kahn Skateboarding

76 yr old shows off his moves

Definitely no bowls or other fancy stuff for me!

I'll just stick to cruising hills n car parks n practicing surf moves - even then I've hurt myself more times than I like to remember.

I do wish someone would build a nice big snake run here  like that one in Brazil though.

Mid life crisis ? Probably , but cheaper than a Harley.

just started using my sons longboard skatey, been quite a few years but its fun and a skill you dont forget easy especially when you did it alot for about 10 years…super fun doing big carves down the hill, just dont wanna hurt myself so I can not surf…

Ben, check out Cliff Coleman/Downhill Sliding.

We need to make up some sliding gloves and do some of that too.

Gaz(inOz)

hey hey …

I’m still skating too …

Had three sessions this WE at my local indoor skatepark …

Still riding on vert ramp (no drop-in sorry) but I still can reach and grrriiinnndddd the coping up there.

groovy

where are you , 'drakkars' [ your name sounds dutch ??]

any photos ?

Gaz , WHERE was that shot taken ?  america ?  I didn't know you grind coping ?  we will have to get another skate at the baysie bowl , or maybe perrys , happening , so I can document it ....

noel ['solosurfer' ] ...since you asked ...here are a few more 'from the vault' ...enjoy !

this , from  1999 , at the bowl in Rocko... big Gaz , you KNOW it , eh ?! [these are caveman style frame grabs , from analogue vid .... hence the lack of quality , sorry]

chipRockinghambowl1999.jpg

the slope there ......

mozzies...

chipskate14.jpg

perry's

chipperrylakespark2004.jpg

claremont 'skate track' [those things are lame ....but , hey .....I was probably BORED , at the time ?! ]

chipskate3.jpg

cheers !

ben

That shot was in (Hayle, Cornwall) UK.

I have been known to grind coping :wink:

....cool !

Rather than go to 'merry ol' ingland" ,  though ... we can get shots of you [?Mark , too?] grinding copious maximus HERE  [when you next return] , eh ?!

roit , guv'na ....it's time to hit the fartsack now , for the early tomozza ...this time the Walden is set up with the "ant inlay cutaway keels " . Hopefully, THAT could be a bit o' fun !

cheers !

" ciao "

ben

http://www.quivermag.com/node/767

http://www.quivermag.com/node/920

herb

hi herb !

...do you have any photos of you skating in the last day / week / month / year , please ??

cheers

ben

the pool photos w/ the z-flex is me in compton/lynwood ,summer of 76.

i have more but i'm not very good w/ computers anymore.

i still skate around to this day.

herb

good on ya Herb !

are you riding home made boards ?

i'll contact 'hicksy' on 'Facebook' , to see if HE is riding either of the skate decks , wheels and trucks that you gave him ???

cheers

ben

Nice thread guys.

My son is 13, and he’s got me skating again at 40 after a twenty something year lapse except for a bit of longskate here and there. We happen to have a nice city skatepark with a big old school halfpipe about 5 minutes from the house.

Started by stealing, I mean borrowing his Sector Nine cruiser which was going okay, and then found a vintage Jeff Phillips model for three bucks at a swap meet and once that thing was tuned with new bearings and bushings I was stoked. Felt 13 again.

I still suck, and keep it mellow, but big carves on the 12’ ramp are a blast. 40 years old isn’t old for skating back home but here it puts me in the ancient category. The kids are nice though, and when I catch up on the coping and hit hard, they’re really patient until I get my sorry self out of the way.

I’ll try and find a photo or two - I know my son took some a few weeks ago.

" I still suck, and keep it mellow, but big carves on the 12' ramp are a blast....

..... The kids are nice though, and when I catch up on the coping and hit hard, they're really patient until I get my sorry self out of the way...."

geez , Jeff !...

I sure hope you don't mean that you are 12' up on the halfpipe , when you are 'catching coping'  ?? 

....no more surfing ever , if THAT happened , that would be wheelchair material [if i even dreamed of it ?!...]

or ....do you mean the halfpipe is 12' wide , perhaps ? [hopefully , and 5-6' deep??]

I stood atop the ? 8' high one here [yes,  the one in my earlier photos on this thread ], looked down , and thought ...yikes !!!  respect for herb and others who boost big airs off the lip , there !

I will NEVER forget Chris Miller , hitting 8' of air off the top of the old 'blaxell surfrider' ramp here , back in the 1980s ...blew us perthys away completely , I can tell you ....

yup ben,

i still ride what i build.

i also,from time to time build prototypes for the biggies in the industry.

i'll ......ah..........work on the picks for you ben.

herb

yew!

I just took up skating again at age of 35 after a 10 year hiatus. I'm a bit tentative for the first 10mins but once warmed up feel like i'm 20 and skating the local bowl at night again. I've found it has lightened me on my feet heaps when surfing, i'm even trying to punt airs again, haven't landed on yet but I have a dream!

chippy you have just stoked the fire.......

big style in these shots imo

say what you will, but you’re kinda runnin’ the show there

miss the flowing style seen in these pics

some great pics