24' Brewer Balsa gun!

Caught this on Facebook last night. Any thoughts??? The original poster said OK to go ahead and post here…

Because he can???

That’s all I can think of.

Game over !!!

Talk about a glider…

maybe Dick Brewer’s take on a traditional olo ?

looks like a Rick Holt ghosty shape to me???
Which country surfboard shop did the glassing? Hawaii or California ? Noticed the country logo towards tail of board.

That’s the coffee shop in the old Waialua Sugar Mill complex.

What do the shaping racks look like?

I thought I had put up pics when I built this blank.
The original info supplied to me was, “it’s for a rich Australian coke dealer”, with that I said I needed to be paid up front, because tomorrow he could be a broke, busted former coke dealer, sure enough.
Took me 2 years to get paid.

If you notice all the wood is milled to 1-1/2", I had to split 14 foot planks because all balsa has a natural curve that would not have been able to clamp out. So split, reverse one piece and oppose curves and stack a pile together with glue alternating between every other one in a press I had made.
The rocker template took 3 days of battening to get a line the had enough nose rocker, yet would still fit in a wave face.
Next was draw the deck curve about 3/4" from the bottom of each plank, band saw and glue portion that came out of top to bottom, wood is same thickness but now has rocker.
When finished it was time to match up the 14 ’ wood bundles, clamp a nose half to the under side of the rocker temp and the bottom half to the underside.
With a long straight edge diagonally draw from corner to corner, saw and joint, go back to template, cover center with wax paper, position nose half with glue on both faces of scarf, clamp in place and the do same with tail section and clamp both pieces together.
Not completely sure of final width, but was most likely over 26".
It had to be 140 pounds completed and me at 70 moved that sombitch around by myself during every phase.
When the 2 galloots came to pick it up I was almost laughing that they were struggling to get it on the truck.
I wanted to install a 12’ stringer internally through the center, but that idea was nixed

Wow, great story. Was it a single fin? Was it ever ridden? What year was this made?

The blank was built about 5 years ago

Don’t take this the wrong way Jim, but that seems like a waste of a lot of good balsa wood! Think of the number of nice surfable boards that could have come out of that!

I am with Keith…I don’t get it…can someone inquire with Brewer…Curious!

Just read Jim’s explanation…

Balsa is a giant weed, grows to harvest in 5-6 years .
Just in case you are all worried, hurry and order you balsa board before there is no more

I might run out in a few years

my balsa stash is a lot smaller than that… I know its a fast growing weed but its a weed that I can’t grow in my yard (unlike all the other useless ones)…

That’s one insane build jim!

Doubtful anyone else but JP could have done this. Or even tried.

BTW, saw one of your smaller balsa’s in the water in Brevard county a while back. I thought about trying to run him over so I could steal it, but lost my nerve and was later ashamed of myself. Sort of. Ha.

all the best

So, wait a sec . . . maybe I missed something.
Is this thing chambered?

Good question but I’m not sure there would be a point.

All the best