A LOOK at 09 SUP fins from FIBRE GLAS FIN with ProBox-Larry

Now we will move up into the late 80’s for a look at the Ninja Fin I designed.

The Ninja Weed of the 80’s brings me the Ninja Stand-Up of 2008.

Mahalo,Larry

Another fin from the late 80’s, The Thresher Weed Fin. This is a page explaining the concept of the Thresher Weed.

The Thresher Weed of the 80’s brings me to the Thresher Stand-up of 2008.

Hey Larry,

What font is that in Microsoft Word? Looks old school :slight_smile: Just kiddin.

It never dawned on me a fin can catch seaweed. I guess it can accumulate and cause drag but I see how the rake of these fins would eliminate that problem. Good thinkin’

~Brian

www.greenlightsurfsupply.com

What is that hole in the middle of the fin for ? Aerodynamic lift and drive !!! Just kidding . But what is it for ?

Im gonna guess

its a master

screw access hole…

Quote:

What is that hole in the middle of the fin for ? Aerodynamic lift and drive !!! Just kidding . But what is it for ?

The hole must let water through so you can pivot on a dime. haha

~Brian

Quote:

screw access hole…

Hi Paul, Good guess (-:

Here are the fins finished . Will have a SUP board done in a couple of days to show you the fins in proper form.

Mahalo,Larry

www.ProBoxfinsystems.com

Wow, way cool!!

I am in the middle of making a big D fin and thought I had to go glass on.

Now it will fit in the 10.5 box.

Thanks!!

Quote:

Hi Paul, Good guess (-:

Not a guess…Only logic…

when will these be available in G10…

Duhh! Now I know what a cutaway fin is!

Hey Larry…would that be a preferable method to repair a fin with a bolt tab broken off…or using one of those plastic tabs fitted in like you did for me many moons ago.

Roger

Quote:
Quote:

screw access hole…

Hi Paul, Good guess (-:

Here are the fins finished . Will have a SUP board done in a couple of days to show you the fins in proper form.

Mahalo,Larry

www.ProBoxfinsystems.com

Very nice work Larry,if you don’t mind me asking what are you using for a finish coat on the fins in the picture?

Quote:

when will these be available in G10…

Hi afoaf, G-10 in these fins are not in my thoughts at the moment. I think a structure like Aercor or Bamboo are more in order. Maybe G-10 in wave fins because we are now adding a one piece fin box called Hi-Wind Strong Box that will be a Stand -Up Fin box. Mahalo,Larry

Quote:

Duhh! Now I know what a cutaway fin is!

Hey Larry…would that be a preferable method to repair a fin with a bolt tab broken off…or using one of those plastic tabs fitted in like you did for me many moons ago.

Roger

The hole concept is good when the fin outline has alot of fin area that is needed in some fin designs.

I will be introducing the plastic fin tab idea for the broken tab replacement shortly for the standard based fins where a hole in the middle would not be a good idea.

Mahalo,Larry

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

screw access hole…

Hi Paul, Good guess (-:

Mahalo,Larry

www.ProBoxfinsystems.com

Very nice work Larry,if you don’t mind me asking what are you using for a finish coat on the fins in the picture?

Hi Jesus, Thank you! The fins are sprayed with a urethane coating. Mahalo, Larry

I was baiting you…there are rumors afoot about you starting to

produce hand foiled fins for griffin in G10 (blakestah, erBB).

I’m sure Onuela and llilibel would be very interested to hear if this

is actually true or not.

Quote:

I was baiting you…there are rumors afoot about you starting to

produce hand foiled fins for griffin in G10 (blakestah, erBB).

I’m sure Onuela and llilibel would be very interested to hear if this

is actually true or not.

Hi afoaf, I was aware of what you were trying to get at with your question (-: But I think out of respect for Greg Griffin who started the thread on Surfer Mag., he will be the one to answer the question, WHO,WHAT,WHERE or WHY. Mahalo,Larry

I know you’re listening, Greg…

Hi afoaf,

I read Griffin was working with a machine shop to foil his G10’s for aftermarket.

I know ProBox Larry’s already super busy making bamboo fins for me :slight_smile: and all these sweet SUP fins.

Take it easy,

~Brian