And check ‘whos online’

There are lots of people here?

Whats this got to do with surfing?

Welcome.

Josh.

i’m not here.

i am nowhere.

yet at the same time, i am everywhere.

BOO!!!…haha, made ya flinch…you didn’t know i was there, did ya!!!

“Everyone knows this is nowhere.”

Welcome…Are you the Rick Holt from Kauai?

Yes. Aloha…RH

Hey Rick aloha and welcome aboard!

For those of you reading this thread who are relatively clueless, Mr. Holt is a very talented shaper… not a backyard guy or wannabe… if he says something about shaping or surfboard design you just might want to pay attention…'nuff said…

Howzit Keith, Having known Rick since he came to Kauai I can atest to the fact that he'a a great shaper and an excellant glasser also. He was Dick Brewers main shaper for years until the end of 2003 when he and Dick had a falling out. He shows up at my place to buy his FCS plugs and fins and is now workong with Titus Kinimaka on some projects. He likes to tell me funny stories about him and Greg Loehr when they were young guys learning to make boards. Aloha,Kokua 

Twilight zone material, Rick just called me to say he joined up here and do I have room in the shop to glass a board for him and print some lams. He also says he’s got a drum of RR epoxy at his house and it will be available here on Kauai.

Welcome to Swaylocks Rick.I think I knew you waaaaaay back in the Melbourne days.If I were you I would tell Kokua to clean up his shop before getting any boards glassed. RB

Howzit Mr Clean, I know I need to straighten up the shop but since my moon rises in chaos I know which pile to pick through to find just what I’m looking for. I did pick up some used sandpaper off the floor the other day which is a start. I was once diagnosed as a dyslexic genius, what ever that means, so my focus is on the boards and not the surroundings. I really need to get rid of the resin mountain around the glassing racks since I feel like I’m hiking up hill when I laminate these days. I guess I should add lazy to my old fogie status. Aloha, Kokua

rickk has been lurking in the shadows listening to us ramble for a while now if we work at it we may be able to coax a soliloquy out of 'im …ambrose…these first steps are some times trepidatious[…go intrepid warrior…

Quote:

For those of you reading this thread who are relatively clueless, Mr. Holt is a very talented shaper… not a backyard guy or wannabe… if he says something about shaping or surfboard design you just might want to pay attention…'nuff said…

Oh OK,

Sorry for that smart reply!

tehehe

Josh.

Rick -------Good to know there is some place you can be reached, since your website’s Kaput. I had a wreck in front of Ambrose’s one day, rearended a pickup while I was gawkin’ at a couple of your boards strapped to the front of his store. That was back a few years. I’m going home to Maui soon and want to come over to Kauai for awhile. Ever since I was there working in the aftermath of Iniki I have wanted you to shape me one. Aloha Brah. McDing

Aloha Rick !

jump in ,

Welcome Rick, a couple of my buddies live on Kauai, Kokua knows them- Jeff McBride and Nick Marvin. Surfed good waves at Hanalai and Tunnels. DR

Thanks for throwin in, Rick. Damn this site is good! Mike

Rick,

…Welcome,Aloha !

…Mahalo Bra ! Herb

…Ah sh#t,

my younger daughter Keani just kicked my older daughter Kayla in the head......geeezzz........Good thing she has my thick skull !

ALRLIGHT RICK WELCOME ABOARD

look forward to asking you some questions

thanks,

grobey

Howzit McDing, Rick called me about glassing a board and said he’s now living in the Wailua Homesteads at a friends house and has set up a shaping room and a small place to glass. He has a good following here on Kauai and we always have some good laughs when he comes by, knows his s#*t when it comes to building boards. Aloha,Kokua

As the resident HEAVY WEIGHT and EXPERT I just want to say there’s only room for one at the top. As long as you can live with that we’ll all get along…

By the way, I just shaped my very first board and I’m in the process of glassing it. I’m stokin’!