anybody know about R. Pavel?

I think his name is Rich or Rick Pavel. A guy I met showed me some cool boards he shaped. They were retro shapes sold at Thalia surfshop in Laguna. I iwas wondering if anyone had any info on this shaper?

The Greenroom, 1963 Abott Street, San Diego, CA 92107 Phone: 619-226-1311, Email: World class shaping- all types of designs- from short to long

The Greenroom, 1963 Abott Street, San Diego, CA 92107 Phone: 619-226-1311, Email: World class shaping- all types of designs- from short to long

Thankyou for the info. Is his name rich or rick? and do you know any history on this shaper? does he make a nice board?

Thankyou for the info. Is his name rich or rick? and do you know any history on this shaper? does he make a nice board?

Thankyou for the info. Is his name rich or rick? and do you know any history on this shaper? does he make a nice board? the board I saw was a “Rainbow surfboards” any info on this brand? Thanks

Thankyou for the info. Is his name rich or rick? and do you know any history on this shaper? does he make a nice board? the board I saw was a “Rainbow surfboards” any info on this brand? Thanks

Lot’s of experience with fish designs

Lot’s of experience with fish designs

I think he was the guy who was schooled by Brewer to shape the Brewer guns that were being sold in California several years ago. Some of those boards were really nice. I saw some with opposed wedge t-band stringers - hard to explain… the center piece was about 1/2" wide at the nose tapering to a point in the tail and the side pieces were about 1/4" wide in the tail tapering to points at the nose. The t-band ended up having parallel sides. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jim Phillips had something to do with those blanks.

I think he was the guy who was schooled by Brewer to shape the Brewer guns that were being sold in California several years ago. Some of those boards were really nice. I saw some with opposed wedge t-band stringers - hard to explain… the center piece was about 1/2" wide at the nose tapering to a point in the tail and the side pieces were about 1/4" wide in the tail tapering to points at the nose. The t-band ended up having parallel sides. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jim Phillips had something to do with those blanks.

quad fin swallow tail fish…nice

quad fin swallow tail fish…nice

Rich Pavel, also goes by Toby Sullaway. Rich/Toby designed the 62C blank for Clark Foam in 1994. The Wedge stringer T-band John described is done by Clark Foam. It isnt cheap, but looks very bitchen. Rich use to call it the Toby T-band. Rich is a very talented and creative shaper. Sluggo

Rich Pavel, also goes by Toby Sullaway. Rich/Toby designed the 62C blank for Clark Foam in 1994. The Wedge stringer T-band John described is done by Clark Foam. It isnt cheap, but looks very bitchen. Rich use to call it the Toby T-band. Rich is a very talented and creative shaper. Sluggo

i’ve seen some fish type boards he made for one of the Malloy brothers-very nice.apparently he has made a few egg type boards for Gamboa that are supposed to be real nice as well.

i’ve seen some fish type boards he made for one of the Malloy brothers-very nice.apparently he has made a few egg type boards for Gamboa that are supposed to be real nice as well.

Why does he go by 2 different names???

Why does he go by 2 different names???

the name thing is kinda odd!