Are there any tricks to keeping wax on a surftech?

Is Uncle Grumpy a double agent???

Is he behind all the surftech questions??

Bazinga?

Say it ain't so Uncle!

Not me T.

I'm not smart enough to have more than one identity.

I have a severe distaste for any mass produced surf gear and make and /or design everything I ride excepting mats and ALL my surf toys are made in Cali or Hawaii.     

I did get a kick out of resinheads reply tho'  

I remember not having a problem…

But I have been pop-out free for about 2 years now…

Anyway - waxing a board:

Strip wax with a scaper and a LIGHT acid (the orange stuff that they sell as ‘de-waxer’ works well)…

Rinse well with water and then wipe dry with DNA.

Go base coat < 1 bar

And then go tropical through whatever you are using as standard wax…  ~ 1 bar each level +/-. 

these are the times that try men’s souls.

congradulations on thirty years of commitment to a life  aquatic.

The surftech line stands apart as an icon to the surfboard as a comodity.

You got a great buy. congradulations.

there will always be a market for used surftechs.

The discount/bargain surfers are in abundance.

the problem with stuff that is cheap

is that eventually there is a percieved flaw 

weather real or not.the problem with the

wax not sticking is that you insist on

rubbing your body all over the wax

lay still,sit still,spend more time on your feet

and you might consider not surfing in bunny slippers.

My bunny slippers wear of my wax twice as fast

as my popeye converse tennies.

…ambrose…

don’t listen to anybody

but the man on the sales floor,

he’s everybody’s best friend.

And he remembers your name

when surfing and helps you

get a set wave in a crowd.

[quote="$1"]

Not me T.

I'm not smart enough to have more than one identity.

I have a severe distaste for any mass produced surf gear and make and /or design everything I ride excepting mats and ALL my surf toys are made in Cali or Hawaii.     

I did get a kick out of resinheads reply tho'   [/quote]

Well, thank heaven for that Uncle. If ya can't trust a Grumpy....who can ya trust??

All is right with the world. TBlank.

I sand it with 100 grit. Works great.

I have never owned a Surftech. I haven’t even bought an off-the-rack board in 40 years.

What I do with any new board is lightly sand the deck with 150 grit. Wipe clean and then wax. As far as “base coat” goes, that’s really no different than tropical temp wax. I often cannot find tropical so I just use warm formula Sex Wax. Works fine for me.

…so I was fighting with the blogspot “geniuses” and then I found this thread…so sorry but Im a bit brave reading these non sense:

To the original poster: 30 years Surfing? huh? and you do no how to wax your board?! bet all my shaping tools that 30 years but loosely you can surf.

As mentioned, go ahead and buy a real surfboard; even the real thing could be cheaper than a supermarket board.

To the other guys here saying that sand the finish!! also SammyA a member here that blah bling a lot about this and that and then say that sand the finish…jeez

Never ever you sand the finish or put acetone (like some pad brands say in the packages) or whatever diluent solution.

You just need to buy a decent wax for the temp of the water you have in your country, etc, apply until you see that no more is required, the wax itself do that, go surfing (or try) then next time clean a bit and apply a bit more, just that.

Last week I repaired a Surftech and no problem with the wax.

The problems like that are in the mind

We do not need here a member who ask these shits. Here is a long time real forum, not for posers.

I m a member of a motorcycle forum (only pre evo HD and British bikes among other older stuff) too, and there s not accepted anything like “hey what s the best oil for my twin cam…” shit.

Plenty of places on the net to fill the voids.

Again, sorry for the rant

1 What the hell does “blah bling a lot about this and that” mean?

Can you translate that to English, please?

2 I said “lightly sand”. That means don’t over do it.

But, WTF do I know? I’ve only been surfing for 49 years.

…“I ve only…49 years” that is exactly what I mentioned before; so if you are in the know after all those Surfing years you really need to know that the finish is the finish and no sanding will be any good, no matter if light sanding.

The best way Ive found to keep wax on a surftech is to cut it neatly down the cetreline with a bandsaw…this will give you 2 shelves to stick on the wall…you could keep a whole years supply of your favoutite wax ,and still have room for other stuff ,like legropes and fins…

This is the funniest fricken thread in a long time.  Can’t believe a guy who’s been surfing 30 years is asking advice on waxing a board. He has to be kidding?  Right?

Well said, reverb.  I understood your English loud and clear.

You guys crack me up!  

kayu, best advice yet.  Still laughing. mike

[quote="$1"]

I have a surftech longboard and have been having a hard time keeping wax on it. Does anyone have any tips?

[/quote]

Maybe it's a storage issue???? My good boards get stored in the garage. But I don't have a lot of space for longboards so they often get stored in the halfass shack on the side yard with the not so good boards. If a board gets left in the shack for more than a few days the wax does all kinds of crazy stuff...and it's impossible to wax over that.....stuff just flakes off...I've got an 8 footer out in the shack that I want to ride but I know the wax is wasted so I'll ride something else right now

.......heat, sun, storage......

Baloney.

(That’s an American vernacular colloquialism for “bullshit”)

A cheap sandwich meat of dubious ingredients.

BALOGNA/BALONEY

* “Bologna” is the name of a city in Italy, pronounced “boh-LOAN-ya.” But the sausage named after the city in English is prononced “buh-LOAN-ee” and is often spelled “baloney.” Either spelling is acceptable for the sliced meat product.

Then there is the expression “a bunch of baloney.” “Baloney” in this case probably originated as a euphemism for “BS.” When it means “nonsense,” the standard spelling is “baloney.” People who write “bunch of bologna” are making a pun or are just being pretentious.

Luncheon Meats is one of a few

credible tellers of historicly significant tales

Which has a great deal to do 

with not allowing the conversation to die,has an opinion 

on a range of topics surfing and otherwise

as a matter of fact I consider Lunchmeat one of my closest friends.

…ambrose…

•    book cover

Bologna sausage** (English pronunciation: /bəˈloʊnjə/ or /bəˈloʊni/), also known as boloney**baloney**[1] or polony, is an American sausage derived from and somewhat similar to the Italian mortadella (a finely hashed/ground pork sausage containing cubes of lard that originated in the Italian city of BolognaIPA: [boˈloɲɲa] ( listen)). U.S. government regulations require American bologna to be finely ground,[2] and without visible pieces of lard. Bologna can alternatively be made out of chickenturkeybeefporkvenison orsoy protein.

Kosher or halal bologna

Kosher or halal bologna is typically made with only beef, but sometimes made from turkey or lamb.

German bologna

Sometimes referred to as garlic bologna, this sausage differs from traditional bologna due to various seasonings, most typically garlic being added to the recipe. Although referred to as German Bologna elsewhere, it is usually called Fleischwurst in Germany and Extrawurst inAustria. Other varieties, usually upscale, are sometimes called Lyoner ("Lyon sausage") and usually do not contain a noticeable amount of garlic, while Fleischwurst is often flavored with garlic. In Germany, "regular" bologna is referred to as Mortadella, and is mostly identical and made out of the same meats as its American counterpart, although it often contains pistachios. The original, larger and less finely ground Mortadella is called italienische Mortadella.

Lebanon bologna

This Pennsylvania Dutch prepared meat, while nominally bologna, is a dried, smoked sausage similar to salami.

Bologna bowl

Occasionally bologna is heated up so it takes the shape of a bowl, which may be filled with cheese or other fillings.

Lauantaimakkara

Lauantaimakkara is a Finnish type of bologna derived from the early Lyon sausage, the "Lyoner".

Giò lụa - a Vietnamese sausage, similar to bologna
...ambrose...
for the love of bologna.
as we all know

swaylocks is a great slice
and some dont even need
mayonaise and bread
to have a wonderful snack.
So now this has turned into a sandwich build thread?

never say baloney in a crowded 

room of seated procrastinators.

It will lead to sandwiches.

…ambrose…

Funny Stuff…

Did anyone notice the OP has not posted in quite some time, yet the guy,  as well as his odd thread is still being continuously  beaten with the riding crop?

He’s probably surfing his crappy waxless board while y’all battle for supremacy.

Love it,   Love it.

VH.

FFS…just go get some deck grip , some toxic contact cement and Bob’s yer uncle…(and don’t sniff the glue !)