Bing

I have a 1968 Bing Pintail lightweight 8’ is it worth anything
(508)247-7142

As usual, the law of supply and demand will prevail… Your board seems in fairly good shape for a 1968 board which is a plus and it’s got an original fin; Now, I am not aware of current prices in the States right now for this kind of model. here in France, it would probably go between €800 and €1000, maybe a little more.

…logotype quality/tints do not look from the 60s

See new pic

…I am referring to the tints… but could be; if you see most logotypes; the quality of the silk screening and the tints are lower than this and of the current use.

That one is authentic. I still wouldn’t pay a lot for it. I paid $85 for a very similar Con in much better condition a couple years back. Perhaps a collector would pay a few hundred for it??? For me the fun is in finding them on the cheap.

…never said that is not authentic; only talked about the logotype; so could be from the 60s or newer…

It has a Waveset box and fin. There is no question this board is from 1968, or maybe early 69. The logo, and everything else about it, looks 100% legit and period correct.
You can contact Bing through Facebook and give him the serial number. He will tell you when it was made and which shop sold it when new.
While the OP’s name has Ocala in it, which is in Florida, his phone number has a MA area code.
Which part of MA are you from, Scott? Is the board in MA, or Fla?

Nope. Waveset fin, 1968. The logo is 100% period correct. Not sure why you even question it.

…jeez; again, I am not saying that is not period correct only mentioned that the tints and type of work in the silk screening process is different in quality than you see in most 60s boards; so do you say that if a board have a waveset box is only from 68/69? Nobody put those few years later?

NOT IF THEY HAD A LICK OF SENSE.

I bought the board here in Ocaka FL but my number is MA I moved last July

Dudley just south of Worcester

Can’t comment on that specific board, but I find that outline with modern bottom and rails on a 8 footer is a lot of fun. I bet it would be great with an ever so slightly rolled bottom and pinched rails too. You should try it, you may end up liking it.

The outline would likely be a valid thing since the Pintail Lightweight was a Dick Brewer design. Brewer kinda knows his stuff, right ? :wink:

StokedNboard says the Pintail lightweights had serial numbers beginning at around 1500. So if this is the number on the OP’s board it’s safe to say it was a very early one and no question it was built in 1968.

That Board would be a good one to pull a Template from. Bing made some very nice transition boards. Not sure what the price for should be on that board.

Here are a couple of shots of my Con from the same transition board era. Reminds me that I really need to finish this board project so I can ride it. Pintail transition boards were a thing around 1968.

Around '68-'69, my first transition board after a Hobie Gary Propper model was a 7’10" Harbour Rapier pintail. That board was magic!

How big is this Con, Mako? It looks like it has a good deal of thickness in the tail. The outline may be similar to a Bing Pintail Lightweight, but the Bings were pretty thin with knifey rails. Your Con is certainly from the same time frame as it has a first gen FU fin. You’re lucky to have that fin. The whole board looks like it was barely used and carefully stored. Nice score on your part.