Blending Curves

The thing I like about "rocking the template" is that you can quickly figure out exactly where and how much you are off.  Can you fix it or do you start over...

For anyone who has a problem cutting vertical with a saw (like me), try rocking your blank after you cut it out.

Mike------I think we are way beyond "good ol boy circle jerk" here at Sways. 

ding,

Your right.  Which is why we keep coming back for more…  Mike

Must be somethin’ about a template, long, hard,  kinda thin, some very important, or at least we like to believe, curves…

So helpful!! thank you so much! love the nuggets and stubs!

great site, very glad its there to start people off with designs.

Great site and Thank You!!!  I’ve gotten very good results using a couple of the templates on the site.  

My one request would be to have a single PDF version of each template…one that does not have to be cut out and taped together for those who are going to print it out full size on a plotter.  I’ve been bringing them back into Illustrator and reassembling them so I can size them and print them full size at the office.  I’m sure most don’t have access to the tools to turn 10 PDFs back into one so they can print it at the local KinKos.

Keep up the good work and if you ever set up the Gallery part of the site I’ll send you some pictures of the results I’ve gotten from your templates.  Thanks again.

Hey Mako, 

I’ll definitely look into that.  I’m currently working on a site overhaul so now’s a great time to see how i would swing that.  Not sure if i’m going to move forward with the gallery right now but please feel free to send to blendingcurves@gmail.com if you’ve got them!

Andrew

What I’ve been doing is creating a workspapce in Illustrator that is 24" x 80" and then reassembling the 10 pdfs and getting the lines to all line up properly. Then I save it. I can then re-size the template when I print it on our office wide format plotter. For example all three of these boards started out as your 5’6 nug B. The one in the middle is 6’6 x 23". By the way 24" is a standard size paper for wide format plotters so if someone goes to their local kinkos they should have no problem getting the file printed.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/528729_3195755071578_828185726_n.jpg

Well, inkscape helps you do that, and it´s free…

Arne

Hey,

can anyone recommend a programm where I can join the single sheets of PDFs into one file without changing dimensions? I want to go to my local print shop to have it printed and laminated into one template. my computer hacking skills find there limits at this daunting task…

greetings from germany

Sebastian

I do it using InDesignor Illustrator .  Kind of a high end programs but I have access to it at work.  You create a new workspace that is 24" x whatever length you need.  Then you can use Cntrl D to grab the individual pdfs and rearrange them on the workspace.  When you are all done you save it as a PDF.  Any blueprint shop should have 24" paper ready to print on.

Gruesse Sebastin, I would try Inkscape (free open source graphics program). I was able to import the Blending Curves PDF’s one at a time and move them to be aligned to each other.  Then I would export the finished document as a PDF and take it to the print shop.  I would check for scale so the project does not get printed the wrong size.

Normally I go the other way, hack things down to a spin template then print and tape the pages together out of letter-sized paper, using a glass door as a light table. Noteable exception below.

Mako, a guy can get spoiled pretty easy with the big plotters. I did a 11-foot full outline and rocker in one piece at the office. I was really appreciating the roll printer for that one. I would like to try mylar sometime too, once I have a few ‘keepers’.

-J

I hope this is not too bold to aks here, but could anyone help me out with a template? I just want it as one PDF to send to my printshop… that would be so great.

cheers,

sebastian

Sebastian. some details please: what style/kind and what size surfboard are you looking to build? First board? Surfboard blank or raw foam?

People might hesitate to provide a large plot file. If it comes out the wrong size at the copyshop, they do not want  to be blamed or you to loose money.

Do you have access to an A4 sized printer? I would try one you like from Blending Curves that way first if you never have before. Eventually you will get to using a scissors whichever way you choose.

mfG-J

If you have vector editing software (Illustrator/Inkscape) simply open any of the PDFs and release the clipping mask.  It will unveil the entire template.  Then just adjust your artboard/page dimensions and save it back out as a PDF.

Man I wish I could figure this one out…been fooling with it unsuccessfully.  So I should be able to take say page 3 of a template and reveal the entire template?  Correct?  I put inkscape on my home PC to play with let me know where to go.  Thanks.

thanks guys…