Boards for the Women in your Lives

Building a surfboard for your loved one can well be likened to a singer writing a love song…

Last week I made a board for my girlfriend Lauren, I used a fabric that we found on a road trip together.  I went to town on the board and surprised her with it before our trip to australia coming up in a few days…I hadn’t been able to describe what making a board like that feels like until I was given the love song analogy.  

So that being said, I’d love to see what you’ve created for the women who put up with all this surfboard stuff in your lives!

[img_assist|nid=1069237|title=7'6 roundpin v.bowls|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=640]

I bought mine a boogie board, does that count???

Nice looking board, and I like your analogy. Labor of love!

Luckily my wife doesn’t surf, so she takes care of our daughter while I get wet. Yeeeewwwwww!!! Rad inlay, obviously you’ve done this before.

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr301/pico_00/DSC02276.jpg

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr301/pico_00/DSC02288.jpg

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr301/pico_00/DSC02262.jpg

She’s due for another, thanks for reminding me…

That, my friend, is an OUTSTANDING example of artistic surfboard craftsmanship.      She’s a lucky girl, and you’re lucky to have someone in your life that inspires you so.

Well done.

You knew this was coming!

Yeah, that's what you say now............. Later on (maybe a lot later) she will be doggin' you when you are in the bay.  "Where is my board?  You said you would make it first!!  And I want flowers.  Lots of flowers.  Can you do purple??""

I know, been there..........LOL

Now-a-days, I do my orders, then one for me, and one for her.  I love her, but don't like to shape for her.....

http://grasshoppersurfboards.blogspot.com/2009/07/shiny-new-possum.html last one that i made for my wife 7’0 single fin egg with some hullish features. possum model - grey fur, pink tail, and 50 sharp teeth ha!

I’ve posted these before in other contexts…but I made these for my Maui ripper. Probably owe her another board one of these days…

fishy fish

fishy fish

WINNER!

ironing board…haha! funny s**t

[quote="$1"]

Building a surfboard for your loved one can well be likened to a singer writing a love song...

Last week I made a board for my girlfriend Lauren, I used a fabric that we found on a road trip together.  I went to town on the board and surprised her with it before our trip to australia coming up in a few days...I hadn't been able to describe what making a board like that feels like until I was given the love song analogy.  

So that being said, I'd love to see what you've created for the women who put up with all this surfboard stuff in your lives!

[img_assist|nid=1069237|title=7'6 roundpin v.bowls|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=0|height=0]

[/quote] Beutiful looking board Bill nailed it She must be something special 

Now we need more pics and some info on that board.

[quote="$1"]

You knew this was coming!

[/quote]

confuscius say

"  man who post up photo of ironing board , please ,  fasten helmet securely to head , in readiness to receive wok from partner , to back of head , when not looking .... "

cheers mate !

ben

[ I gave you "props " for that photo , under the heading of 'pro tip' , by the way [as well as 'funny' too , of course ...keep up 'comments' / photos  like that , and I can see why you would end up "proneman " , indeed , Roger !  ha]

That is not an ironing board. It is in fact a simmons inspired shape with hint of nose rocker and flat rocker out the tail, on a new style of shaping rack.

....I always figured , if I can't get an 'alaia' to "work" for me ,

then ....

....bonus !

instant ironing board for home use , at least !

did these two

...what are the dimensions on the P I N K one , ken ?

and what fin[s] setup[s] did you go with , on that ?

cheers

ben

8 ft

heres the bottom

wow

funky fin , too !

damn , only a photo of the BOARD'S bottom , ken ?

what about ....

nah , maybe not eh ...

do you have a photo of which 'swaylocks inspired' logo that is , too , please , kenneth ?

cheers mate !

ben

easy there Chippy!

gots to be respectfull to the ladies,,, ya!

wow she's small, ken ...fits in the palm of your hand eh ?

now ...about the 'swaylocks inspired ' logo photo , please ?

I still have the ones that Hicksy printed out , for me to use in fins ... [somewhere , here?]