BSF = THE BULLSHIT FACTOR

Based on the info in the article (if you read it ) I don't know why you would be lost.  If your insider info is more recent so be it.  I think I was clear in stating that I hope they make it in this economic climate.  If some guy was forging his ol' lady's sig. to get money to keep it afloat, that's obviously unethical and I would say good riddens if he sold out as you say.  I'm not arguing the point;  Just commenting(sometimes tongue in cheek) about the article as posted.  Capiche?

McDing: Capiche!

Sometimes our intentions get misinterpreted behind the keyboard.

Kind regards,

surfding

Yo Ding, How did the Bullshit Factor thread convert into Gordon and these other guys that are doing what they’re doing?

Maybe the guys I’ve met that claim they shaped 30,000 starting at the age of 39 months by my figures, just want to be part of THE BIGNESS that Gordon Merchant and all these other guys wanna be part of.

Maybe they were inspired by P Diddy, Jay Z and that little You Tube kid Usher discovered that can already buy his own country.

Is bigger better? (Yeah, don’t go there on what ‘she’ says).

Yes if it’s a Suburban crashing into a Smart car… no if you have to fill the tank.

Yin Yang, Plus, Minus.

Just remember folks, for what you get, you always give up something.

I have handshaped less than 50 boards, do they look as good as that kid claiming 75,000???

Well I’ve been described as a “loveable loser and a no acount boozer”. 
Too bad though I was really pullin’ for Billabong to hang on and make
money thru this tough economic time.  Gordon Merchant is a partner in US
Blanks.  Hopefully their troubles won’t boil over into Ted Wilson’s
gig.  They bought Honolua Surf Co. on Maui which had previosly been a
Hobie franchise before it became Honolua Surf.  They have opened a few
“Outlet” shops in places like Santa Cruz.  Which hurt and cut into local
shops like Freeline, Oneills and few others that are now gone.  But I
liked the idea that they kept the “Honolua” brand alive and brought it
to the Mainland.  Maybe  Gordon had something going with that broad and
that’s what this is about.

I was only responding to this post from McDing.

Sorry Dead I will stay off your tread.

somthing scary for yas

when i was born the world was in turmoil

i got a feelin i will exit under similar  times.

**   cheers huie

yes i like that a lot.

cheers huie

…to remove a bit the pot, I can add that if you see a not so good work or details, etc in a photo…well, imagine the board in direct.

Lot of photos posted in this forum that (for the trainned eye) show a not so incredible work or lines and Im not refering to the hobbyist

so the BSF is all over, included in this thread

Ding…don’t feel snubbed. Huie is the one who posted some article that pulled everyone into the fray.

Huie… damn you…damn you man! LOL.

Joking of course.

I see Ding removed statements that I never even had time to see… which is a good thing as I’m shaping instead and getting a board for Ding to scan for me. Yes, first ever.  Now eveyone can call me a sell out.

But I still plan on maintaing no more than 50 boards shaped over the last 40+ years.

This quote from Ding says it all! :slight_smile:

Dead Yes there is a BSF element in our Industry.

If someone disses you for having a scan done to mass produce your models then they are the delusional one.

With all the Haterade drinkers on this site this is not the place to gain wisdom.

There are so many losers not doing well blaming other for their lack of success.

It’s normally the negative people who criticize others.

I learned a long time ago don’t Criticize, Condemn or Complain.

If some Barney Criticizes you and can’t pay their own bills on time then that person is full of the BSF.

Get your model done and let’s get busy!

What recession?

Srfding;

Your the man!  I just wish more of the posters here had

met you and knew what kind of guy your were...........

Deadman, will see your board at the shop before it gets scanned!

When Clark folded, I couldn't get my blanks and so I started looking

for an alternative which was when I happened upon Mikes enterprise.

You still scooped me on all those shortboard eps blanks when he decided

to downsize!  Mike did my first scans and I'm happy to say I have

seen a lot of big name shaper's boards lined up for Mike to do the same!

The reason I am on Sways is due to the fact that even in this hard economy

I still sell "models" of boards I made a couple of years ago that have been scanned. 

PS:  Colored logos help.........LOL

why not pay for goods in advance much more  ease of mind.

haa’’ i posted the b bong thing here cause it belongs on a thread like this

so to does the base bull shit   pay ya fken bill bros?

cheers huie

Huie… you have such the touch.
Have you ever thought you should have become a diplomat?

**:open_mouth:

Wise words.

Now that I’ve put boards into Hawk’s glass factory, it’s time to play the numbers game.

Hawk even told me he wants a 7’4" Stoker V Machine for himself (he usually rides a 7’8" C.I. M13.

Getting SVM orders from all over the place.

John Tustin just called w/compliments on what he saw at Stokefest. He also mentioned he has two very nice Yater 9’6" white extruded longboard blanks with 3/8" basswood in each. He wants to sell them and I told him you are most knowledgeable on XTR or XPS or whatever the hell you wanna call the extruded foam. I still have  four of the 6’4" blue Dow ones too.

**If you or anyone is interested in the two he has you can call him at 805 570-1259 or email questions to johnwtustin@gmail.com

Dead I believe you have a great niche with the Stoker V Machine.

NO bsf THERE!

**heres a little reality trip  **

walk down the beach late at night climb up and sit on the headland sit there and take it all in

look at that sky listen to the ocean let reality sneak inn see how insignificant you realy are in the scheme of all this

OR

go to sea in a 30 ft fishing boat you have built.  as the last bit of land sinks out of sight and another hr steaming to the fishing grounds and 100 fathoms below you no sounder just an alarm clock to tell you you are there .

you and a cple guys then you see how irrelevant you realy are?

**and then when you get back and tie the boat up inn kicks the BULLSHIT FACTOR haaaa’’

**  CHEERS HUIE

Howzit huie,All I cn say is there is absolutely no BSF in your reality trip and that is a great thing,bu then again you are not a BSF kind of guy.Hang in there and keep people on their toes. Aloha,Kokua