Cabin Fever

Don’t know about anyone else, but it is freezing here. To be more precise, it is DA@N cold. Last time I was in, water temp was in the 30’s or 40’s. I’ve had about all I can take of the cold, right now - lack of sunlight is causing me to feel like Jack Nicholson in the Shining. Looking at a surf film this weekend and thinking about how nice it would feel to be in the tropics, I began to wonder about something…what are the best surf movies out there ? I like to see surfers going off, pulling air etc., as much as anyone else, but what I am wondering about is that feeling that Tom Curren may have when he is surfing. You know ? What movies would soothe that inner core need for some (yeah, I know I risk getting vibed for posting this phrase) soul surfing ? Endless Summer excluded from this poll, what movie really connects everyone to the sport ? Sorry for not posting on a design or shaping issue. A plaigue on me for misuse of the forum.

Don’t know about anyone else, but it is freezing here. To be more precise, > it is DA@N cold. Last time I was in, water temp was in the 30’s or 40’s. > I’ve had about all I can take of the cold, right now - lack of sunlight is > causing me to feel like Jack Nicholson in the Shining. Looking at a surf > film this weekend and thinking about how nice it would feel to be in the > tropics, I began to wonder about something…what are the best surf > movies out there ? I like to see surfers going off, pulling air etc., as > much as anyone else, but what I am wondering about is that feeling that > Tom Curren may have when he is surfing. You know ? What movies would > soothe that inner core need for some (yeah, I know I risk getting vibed > for posting this phrase) soul surfing ? Endless Summer excluded from this > poll, what movie really connects everyone to the sport ?>>> Sorry for not posting on a design or shaping issue. A plaigue on me for > misuse of the forum. I think this posting is okay. It’s about the ‘stoke issue’. [wink] My all-time favorite has to be ‘Innermost Limits of Pure Fun’. It’s got great footage & interesting music. Of all my surf flics it’s the one I have to put in when I need a vicarious fix. You can get it here: http://www.surfhistory.com/html/cgi-bin/bjpstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=gginnermost

Don’t know about anyone else, but it is freezing here. To be more precise, > it is DA@N cold. Last time I was in, water temp was in the 30’s or 40’s. > I’ve had about all I can take of the cold, right now - lack of sunlight is > causing me to feel like Jack Nicholson in the Shining. Looking at a surf > film this weekend and thinking about how nice it would feel to be in the > tropics, I began to wonder about something…what are the best surf > movies out there ? I like to see surfers going off, pulling air etc., as > much as anyone else, but what I am wondering about is that feeling that > Tom Curren may have when he is surfing. You know ? What movies would > soothe that inner core need for some (yeah, I know I risk getting vibed > for posting this phrase) soul surfing ? Endless Summer excluded from this > poll, what movie really connects everyone to the sport ?>>> Sorry for not posting on a design or shaping issue. A plaigue on me for > misuse of the forum. Morning of the Earth is quite souful, as is Sea of Joy. Just surfing and music.

Don’t know about anyone else, but it is freezing here. To be more precise, > it is DA@N cold. Last time I was in, water temp was in the 30’s or 40’s. Wow, sorry man… I just went snowboarding in weather warmer than your water. Almost 50 degrees at the base, it was still as warm as your water at the peak (11,000 ft). You don’t even want to know what the water temp is down here. Then again, we pay out the @ss to live here… peace

A good mix of all kinds of surfing and board types. Good sound track too.

Don’t know about anyone else, but it is freezing here. To be more precise, > it is DA@N cold. Last time I was in, water temp was in the 30’s or 40’s. > I’ve had about all I can take of the cold, right now - lack of sunlight is > causing me to feel like Jack Nicholson in the Shining. Looking at a surf > film this weekend and thinking about how nice it would feel to be in the > tropics, I began to wonder about something…what are the best surf > movies out there ? I like to see surfers going off, pulling air etc., as > much as anyone else, but what I am wondering about is that feeling that > Tom Curren may have when he is surfing. You know ? What movies would > soothe that inner core need for some (yeah, I know I risk getting vibed > for posting this phrase) soul surfing ? Endless Summer excluded from this > poll, what movie really connects everyone to the sport ?>>> Sorry for not posting on a design or shaping issue. A plaigue on me for > misuse of the forum. You have my sympathy. Here in good old Santa Cruz the weather and water have been really nice for this time of year. Water temp has been 57 deg. at Monterey Bouy off and on (sorry to rub it in) Movie- oldie but a goodie with a “soul” attitude “FantaSea”.

You have my sympathy. Here in good old Santa Cruz the weather and water > have been really nice for this time of year. Water temp has been 57 deg. > at Monterey Bouy off and on (sorry to rub it in) Movie- oldie but a goodie > with a “soul” attitude “FantaSea”. Ahhhh… Greg Hughlins fine old film, Fantasea. Theres no more stoked, playful wave-riding soul yet captured on film than the footage of Paul Gross and George Greenough mat surfing Governments Point in the Ranch. Does anyone know if its been released on VHS yet? The copies I`ve seen were all PAL conversions. Great memories.

Five Summer Stories

Ahhhh… Greg Hughlins fine old film, Fantasea. Theres no more stoked, > playful wave-riding soul yet captured on film than the footage of Paul > Gross and George Greenough mat surfing Governments Point in the Ranch.>>> Does anyone know if its been released on VHS yet? The copies I`ve seen > were all PAL conversions. Great memories. As of 9:00 PM 10degree’s, expected overnight low’s -1 thru -5, with wind chills of minus 10-20 degrees, water temps appox. 35-36 degrees. I’ll 2nd that “Morning of the Earth” and also include Good Fellows, A Bronx Tale & Donnie Brasco.

Don’t know about anyone else, but it is freezing here. To be more precise, > it is DA@N cold. Last time I was in, water temp was in the 30’s or 40’s. > I’ve had about all I can take of the cold, right now - lack of sunlight is > causing me to feel like Jack Nicholson in the Shining. Looking at a surf > film this weekend and thinking about how nice it would feel to be in the > tropics, I began to wonder about something…what are the best surf > movies out there ? I like to see surfers going off, pulling air etc., as > much as anyone else, but what I am wondering about is that feeling that > Tom Curren may have when he is surfing. You know ? What movies would > soothe that inner core need for some (yeah, I know I risk getting vibed > for posting this phrase) soul surfing ? Endless Summer excluded from this > poll, what movie really connects everyone to the sport ?>>> Sorry for not posting on a design or shaping issue. A plaigue on me for > misuse of the forum. Try Cosmic Children. Wall to wall soul. Jackie Dunn surfing Rocky Point to BB King. Barry at Sunset. Honolua Bay to Chambers Brothers. Even the contest footage at Malibu has heart. Best soundtrack EVER. (Well, along with Innermost Limits.)

Living in Seattle in winter is like being in an endless George Romero movie with a bad day-for-night filter on for the entire running time. Four years ago there was a stretch of 90+ days with no sun, as in not one ray. I second “Cosmic Children”. A Santa Barbara guy, Dan Wozniak made a couple of great little films, “Ten Toes Over” and “Siestas and Olas” that are like a couple of nice little vacations in S. Cal and Mexico. “The Seedling” gets my vote for best overall flow- music and images…at least the sun is heading back north now…

. …and the Chambers Brothers’ nonpariel, trippy, bluesy intro to “Love,Peace and Happiness” over multiple-imaged Hawaiian north shore endless rides (Honolua Bay?)…“Rainbow Bridge” is worth it just for Hendrix playing and David Nuuhiwa sideslipping Maalea to “Pali Gap”…Barry Kanaiapuni…and Hynson’s early experiments with hollow boards.

Billa… E-mail me: http://www.hollowsurfboards.com/

…Innermost Limits… …Morning Of the Earth… …A Sea For Yourself… …Five Summer Stories… …Bunyip Dreaming… …Pacific Vibrations… …Wake Up Call… http://www.hollowsurfboards.com/

…Innermost Limits…>>> …Morning Of the Earth…>>> …A Sea For Yourself…>>> …Five Summer Stories…>>> …Bunyip Dreaming…>>> …Pacific Vibrations…>>> …Wake Up Call… This whole thread has got me jonesing to see these flicks. I love ‘Innermost’, my wife hates it cause I play it too much. Maybe i should purchase a different surf film just to change it up a bit. Can anybody recommend the best online source for VHS/DVD classic surf films? T.T.

. …and the Chambers Brothers’ nonpariel, trippy, bluesy intro to > “Love,Peace and Happiness” over multiple-imaged Hawaiian north > shore endless rides (Honolua Bay?)…“Rainbow Bridge” is worth > it just for Hendrix playing and David Nuuhiwa sideslipping Maalea to > “Pali Gap”…Barry Kanaiapuni…and Hynson’s early experiments > with hollow boards. I just realized, Hynson’s “hollow boards” may be Jensen’s “inspiration.” Naive, foolish me. I thought PJ was into esthetics…

As of 9:00 PM 10degree’s, expected overnight low’s -1 thru -5, with wind > chills of minus 10-20 degrees, water temps appox. 35-36 degrees. I’ll 2nd > that “Morning of the Earth” and also include Good Fellows, A > Bronx Tale & Donnie Brasco. Since this is a design forum, guys, let’s not forget the scene in Barefoot Adventure where Harold Walker comically tries to blow his own blank to make a new board…like Harold couldn’t blow his own blank successfully!!!

I just realized, Hynson’s “hollow boards” may be Jensen’s > “inspiration.”>>> Naive, foolish me. I thought PJ was into esthetics… …If I lived in CALIFORNIA, you migh say I was into CAL-esthetics… …What about Hynson’s hollows… Never heard about 'em…???.. …I’ll go now… Paul http://www.hollowsurfboards.com/

Don’t know about anyone else, but it is freezing here. To be more precise, > it is DA@N cold. Last time I was in, water temp was in the 30’s or 40’s. > I’ve had about all I can take of the cold, right now - lack of sunlight is > causing me to feel like Jack Nicholson in the Shining. Looking at a surf > film this weekend and thinking about how nice it would feel to be in the > tropics, I began to wonder about something…what are the best surf > movies out there ? I like to see surfers going off, pulling air etc., as > much as anyone else, but what I am wondering about is that feeling that > Tom Curren may have when he is surfing. You know ? What movies would > soothe that inner core need for some (yeah, I know I risk getting vibed > for posting this phrase) soul surfing ? Endless Summer excluded from this > poll, what movie really connects everyone to the sport ?>>> Sorry for not posting on a design or shaping issue. A plaigue on me for > misuse of the forum. The J.brothers movie “adrift”

Don’t know about anyone else, but it is freezing here. To be more precise, > it is DA@N cold. Last time I was in, water temp was in the 30’s or 40’s. > I’ve had about all I can take of the cold, right now - lack of sunlight is > causing me to feel like Jack Nicholson in the Shining. …something that a good wetsuit and some good surf would cure. I surfed both saturday and sunday this weekend. Yes, it’s cold but it’s still good. regards, Håvard