Central Florida Fish Fry

move it to the inlet if you accually want to ride some waves nothin happening in indatlantic on saturday!

Im going fishing!!! all day ery day!!!

OK, Mike, then I’ll do a demo on how to not build fins

Pompano, is this just a drop in, or should we volunteer to bring food and bev?  should we erect a board rack to show off our stuff?  what is the vision thing?

No, it won’t be moved this year.  The organizer ordered a couple dozen shirts.  If people plan on coming and want a shirt, send me a note so I can give him feedback on demand.

Greg, I’m just trying to help out and spread the word for the guy who actually fessed up and named the date and reserved the pavillion.  I will definitely be bringing beer.  Food, eh, I’m not so worried about.  Waves, meh, not a concern either. I just plan on showing up and perhaps meet some new people and hang out.  I told the local shapers nearby to me (Buehn, Forstall, and Barker).  I suppose Madden would be another one to tell if he hasn’t heard yet.  I think Ricky C., Mayo, and some others know.  Obviously, we have MIke Daniel’s support.  Reminds me, I’m supposed to find some tent/canopy things.

[edited] for bad assumption.

delete.

Oh, sorry, my bad.  One of my friends has a WRV that you shaped, so when I see your name it’s an association thing. 

Hey pompano,  Sports authority had 10 x 10's for $54 a week or so ago.

Hey, thanks for the edit. I'm looking forward to meeting you and lawless and probably a lot of other people. It looks like this is going to be a good time.

sounds cool, be there for sure! just got to get a new favorite fish. Been looking for some traditional fish love to hit up my area. Had a christensen keel but left it in La Push Washington.  That remindes me WANTED:Looking to get another if anyone out there is looking to sell!!! Christensen 5'6" - 5'8" keel or quad no wings reasonably priced(-$550) in the cenral FL area. I know you guys in indiatlantic got allot of them at that there house of longboards;)

This thing is shaping up pretty well. I know of 4 other shapers not mentioned here who will likely come with boards and easily a dozen or so people who will be there for sure.

Pompano, check that new thread about it on 2L, burkhart (Alex) is looking to get in touch with the guy who reserved the pavillion. Also dropped you a PM.

Thanks for the inlet camping tip Mike.  I haven't surfed there since Hurricane Andrew! Maybe I'll get a chance to relive my youth . . .

So who's gonna bring the sways banner? Can we get one shipped in from HQ in California?  :)

Two weeks to go.  Things are shaping up well.  We should have a few tents to keep the fish from drying out.  May even have some cold frosty beverages on hand.  Get your fishes and fins ready.

Would there be any interest in 6'3" Safari fish blank or a older model clark planer?

Bring the blank and the planer and we'll find out. I'm surprised you haven't used that blank for some creation already.

I was thinking about doing some kind of ''how-to'' for the sways-type DIY'ers. Maybe template-making or rocker templates or something like that? I'm open to suggestions for things that don't involve power tools or any Coil-type stuff (for obvious reasons).

I would have but I picked up a few Ice9 blanks for $20 a pop.  I got my template made up for my "fish".

Anybody from the N.W. FL area or on the way down who wants a ride - split gas and driving time? 

Central Florida Fish Fry coming up next weekend.

http://floridafishfry.com/

MikeDaniels, a template how-to would be pretty cool.

It looks like this is going to be a large fiesta. Sometime in there (we should probably schedule) I'll commandeer a picnic table and pull out the masonite and battens and assorted other stuff and do some lofting. As part of that, since I tape the lines so you can ''see'' better, we'll be covering the lost art of laying tape. So that can help people throw away their lap-marker tools, get a non-anaconda pinline, etc. I don't make any claim to being a tape-off artist (there'll be guys there way better), but I did learn the techniques from the very best and can pass that along. Speaking of which, I need to check with my sensei to see how much of the templating info he would allow me to share. Respect is important.

All we gotta do is pray for surf now!

maybe next time...

my wife's family is in jacksonville...

and we might be moving there