EZ Shaping Racks Recommend???

I’d like to splurge and get the EZ Shaping Racks. Is there anyone who has it that can give a solid thumbs up on the quality. I need it to be sturdy. I just bought a similiar stand from a different supplier that I don’t like. The arms are jiggly and just dangerous with a power planer.

Thanks

if you don't wanna make your own or pay alot,

check the tools section of the surfshop,

i got a shaping rack from charlie wray, and they are awesome!

just my biased two cents...

My girlfriend just ordered me a set as a birthday & wedding gift.  I can let you know when I get them.  I was complaining about my home made wood racks that keep loosening up and I have to re-tighten them.  She had a problem ordering them and had to tell me so I ended up finding out.  Hope they are sturdy and low maintenance.

[quote="$1"]

My girlfriend just ordered me a set as a birthday & wedding gift.   [/quote]

Yup, that's a keeper

For what it’s worth from a backyarder, I bought these from FoamEZ a few years ago and it made a HUGE impact on my board building. One of the best investments I made, if you’re serious about improving your end result, I recommend these 100%. great people at that company too.

With the board on the rack, can you wobble it at all or is it nice and solid?

Thanks.

Bud's right!  Your shaping will improve greatly once you get on a sturdy, metal shaping rack bolted directly to a concrete floor.  It's a waste of time, motion and money to try to continuously compensate for some wobbly five gallon bucket goof ball set of racks. 

Mc Ding… Bull shit!

go any welding shop and have a set made for you locally save some dough

[quote="$1"]

I'd like to splurge and get the EZ Shaping Racks. Is there anyone who has it that can give a solid thumbs up on the quality. I need it to be sturdy. I just bought a similiar stand from a different supplier that I don't like. The arms are jiggly and just dangerous with a power planer.

Thanks

[/quote]

What's you're goal?...What are your surfboard building goals?

If you want to become the ultimate shaper that rack would be awesome...and a whole bunch of time behind the computer with AKU ,ect.....

I'm a backyard guy. My racks need to be moveable because one day I'm shaping and one day I'm glassing and the next day I'm replacing the clucth in my truck or fixing the gosh darn'd drain in the kitchen.,,,,,,

My stuff is all based on "saw horses".....easy to move...strudy too..............

Howzit stingray, Glad to see you are a multitasker who is in to other things beside just board building.Aloha,Kokua

Jello,

I took measuments for my racks and made a accurate drawings

then i went to a school where they do  welding

and the cost was just the material

prostyle racks for no money

cheers Angelo

[quote="$1"]

I took measuments for my racks and made a accurate drawings

then i went to a school where they do  welding

and the cost was just the material

prostyle racks for no money

[/quote]

So you stole the materials ;)  I love the idea of leveraging the local Vo-Tech school for the labor.  I was thinking about putting expansion bolt sleeves into my concrete garage floor to allow the racks to be non-permanent fixtures.  Again, great idea on getting free welding labor.

^^^^

This is my ultimate dream…boltable from the floor, removable with a shaping set and a glassing set (or at least interchangeable heads)

I’ve been considering learning how to weld just to make it so.

[quote="$1"]

My stuff is all based on "saw horses".....easy to move...strudy too..............

[/quote]

Yup, me too.  Made from scrap lumber from a patio cover I removed.

I have a set bolted to the floor and they are solid and good quality.

I like the way you built the angle option into your racks. Clever guy.  Yah, 300 bucks seems like a lot of money if your a hobby guy when you can build a solid set for 30-40 dollars in scrap lumber.  Mike

I wonder what the base materials cost…I feel like the prices on those racks has come down a bit from the last time I saw them.

My bucket racks worked fine, but from the first time using bolted to the floor racks, I immediately realizied how more efficient & accurate it was for me.

sixty second conversion shaping racks to glassing rack backyard style

Hey Bud.

Could you let me know the dimensions of the top section of your shaping rack?

Gap width, Gap Depth, and platform widths?

Would be super helpful

Thanks

Rick