Fish for my fins, ideas, then build thread

Glue repair seems to have worked ok…

Flat bottom, vee, single concave are pretty typical. Why complicate a pretty simple design? I go flat or vee. Although I admit my last one has a single concave. Mike

There was consumer Board and Wave expo here in Florida this past weekend . Made it point to look at the Fish different Board Builders were offering. Talked design with the shapers. Fin set ups and poly vs epoxy. Lots of good things being offered up in the way of Fish from old school keels to 4 fin to 5 fin Fish " inspired designs. " The one that impressed me the most was single,into double rolled V between the fins had rail in behind the fins soft rails the rest of the board it had a wide nose so there was bevel under the nose . Quad fin set up.

Nice keels, Mike.
All the best

That outline etc. looks like it would work really well on your stretch of Coast Mike.

The toe, placement etc on that board looks exceptionally nice Bruce.

Those are the remakes of yours, Greg! Rich made them for me last fall. 70-30 foils I think he calls them. Maybe he’ll find us and chip in. Mike

Mike, I thought so. Very nice.

So I have the groms at school getting into making boards from rubbish, we have two stripped back blanks and some off cuts of eps. Gives me the chance to do a bit on the fish. I have roughed out the blank done a rough square up to get the hot wire surface off it.

It’s the worst shaping conditions ad the ground isn’t level and the light is terrible.
anyway, 100% hand tools as no access to electricity and keep the amount of dust to a minimum so I can reduce the risk to the students and stuff.

i know the out line is a bit sketchy yet but ill get there. if not I’ll just make it asym hahahha.

Looks like i’m aiming for a single to double that V’s out the tail.
The double layer cedar stringer smells nice as I shape it. lots harder to get into the stringer cause its two layers with grain going the same way and not a ply stringer with cross grain.

Action

More
Lots of tidying up to do. Hopefully I can finish it una real bay with lights.

Nearly there…
Bit of smoothing to go.

I keep looking at the swallow and thinking it’s out but I’m not sure.

Sealed the top. White pigmented epoxy.
Reduce the chance of bubbles in the lam as the architectural foam can “offgas” a bit.
Before and after shots. but i think they are in the wrong order.
Tried to show the concave deck as you cant see it in the other pics very well.

just waiting on my stupid phone to email my computer,

Cool beans. Looks like the one I’m working on but 6’8". Thanks for sharing!

Nice. I like the foil.
Is it just the picture or does it have nearly as much tailrocker as noserocker ?

My latest fish had a concave deck, too. I tried to take pictures of different angles, but struggled to get a good shot of the concave deck.
It`s actually quite deep, but could barely be seen on pictures.

yes but it also has a slope on the ground, so it will be leaning down to the hill but it basically has something like the same nose and tail, but bugger all either end.
off the seal the bottom down now.

Looking very good, Adam.

All the best

I’m impressed. Been thinking a lot about aFish Kneeboards.

Sounds good boss, go hard.