Let's Make a Deal 2011

I sold the purple egg Sunday afternoon...I get the 3 gallon kit of RR on Tuesday 4-5-11.

Gdaddy...1/2 that RR kit is for you. Pm me your phone number.

(don't worry if you can't make the deal. I have plenty of boards to glass)

Resinhead....Do you have any tints or pigments? Yellow???

Im a million miles away but im still kinda bummed that egg got sold haha. Like finding out some hot model got married!!.

[quote="$1"]

Im a million miles away but im still kinda bummed that egg got sold haha. Like finding out some hot model got married!!.

[/quote]

No worries Beerfan. Even super models have their flaws.

The young man that bought the egg rents a room in the house next door. He loves surfing different shapes and changing fin combos. I told him we might have to make the board into a quad......I got my cost of materials plus a little extra in the deal. Now I can look for the next deal......I a joker not a salesman....we're here to have fun

Ray

I am looking for blanks in the Portland OR area! I have 6oz and 4oz glass that I can trade, car repair? - Or cash is an option! 

Two reasons why this is a good idea,

#1 I just scored 6 oz from Stingray today that was about a 5th of what I was paying.

#2 Met two fellow swaylockians Stingray and Surf4fins. Learned a bunch, and got motivated to finally take the step to start building with epoxy.

Thanks dudes, I’ll see you guys again, soon!

Steve 

Yaar and GDaddy....Thanks for wheel'n and deal'n...

Keith and Resinhead...Thanks for the deals...I'm always looking for quality 3m products.....

The San Diego crew will be camping at SanO at the end of  May....wheel'n and deal'n....

I fixed a few longboards with major damage.....I made less than $10 per hour on the boards. I took the cash and bought a 125 yard roll of 6 oz cloth 38" wide......that should lead me into the next deal....I check for pm's daily...

Ray

Thanks tblank!

I want to do my complete shaping bay floor in 3/4"

Cheers S'Ding, hope things are well with you. Great idea, comfort and if you drop something maybe it won't grenade on you. I've still got my billet for the laydowns but most my time and resources have been wrapped up in helping my folks. Sure hope I get a chance to make at least one before summer. Your shop is getting better and better...On Yah!

Aloha stingray, Now that was a smart business move since you should always reinvest some of the income back into your business instead of heading to the nearset bar and sucking it all down your throat. I used to save at least 50% for more materials and that is what makes or breaks a business. I have started a few businesses with as little as $500 and it grew into thousnads in a matter of a few months. Another thing to do is take 10% and put that in a bank account and it will amaze you how fast that account grows into an amount the you can use to buy new tools or something else you need for your company. I went to the Fiberglass Hi web site today for the first time in probably over a year and I couldnt believe how cheap lam resin was for a 5 gal tub, something around $ 122.50 and it was a lot more when I was still doing boards, I should look into the price of acetone next. Aloha,Kokua

Kokua...my dad gave me the same advise....

10% of my income goes into savings.... Ten dollars per week goes into a fun fund......surfboards are all done on the side....when I fix or sell a surfboard the money is used to buy more materials....or make deals.....

Ray

Umm, I got 3  $5.00 Ace Rewards cards for Pukalani Ace Hardware…am willing to take less, say $4.75 each…say, now thatʻs a pretty good deal eh!!!

I just got a deal on some long board boxes...black and white...anyone have a few discontinued BLUE long board boxes that ProBox Larry was selling?......want to trade...or maybe you just need a box...or maybe you need someone to install a box for you....teach you how to install a box.......

I have 38" wide 6 oz cloth for sell or trade...

The vac bag/pump set up is back at my place.....fun stuff........might be a deal there too....but vac baggihg is a real hassle......

you can pm me or post here......Fair is Fair..........be good...have a good day.............

Ray

I’ve got about 1/2 of a 3 gallon kit of Resin Research Kwik Kick I won’t be using.

I’m in the San Francisco Bay area…

Whaddaya got?

Oh, and I could use:

• Resin Research Fast

• 1/4" G10

• Power pad

• Blank

• 5/4/3 Hooded

• Veneer… Bamboo or otherwise

• ???

In San Diego (ob). Want to trade a 6’4" Larry Mabile Twinzer. Still has life, but not primo. I’ve had fun trying it out.

I’m looking for glass and resin(epoxy)

Couldn’t post pic

[quote="$1"] In San Diego (ob). Want to trade a 6'4" Larry Mabile Twinzer. Still has life, but not primo. I've had fun trying it out. I'm looking for glass and resin(epoxy) [/quote]

6oz cloth 38" wide. I have about 1/2 roll left. PM me for great price. I'm in North County. Twinzer sounds cool but I'm trying to clear out the shed........Ray...

I'll take the cloth Ray.....

[quote="$1"]

I'll take the cloth Ray.....

[/quote]

I sent a pm to Chad.....MarkSSD has a 12 foot SUP that needs to be glassed and I have a 10 blank that wants to be shaped and glassed......Looks like fun......What's brew'n Mr. 4 Fins?.....I'll roll out this stuff over the weekend and see what I really have....................

Ray

I still have one SUP blank from Segway as well as two Warvel long board blanks to turn into something Abby Normal.