Metamorphosand

Paulcannon, if you’re not talking about a dance, perhaps you can elaborate?

I usually have the offcuts so it’s no big deal as they are the perfect fit for the clamping.

I am thinking about building something for the second board just so at least I can one-man the clamp up.

laminated with resin x and single 4oz top and bottom.

for the resin x I eyeball enough to get the flats and then mix a second batch to wet and wrap the laps. this gives me lots of working time, good wet out and a nice clean laminate.

then I did a chunky leash loop

leash loop gets sanded down and feathered in to the lam and the board gets hot coated

I’ll give it a few days to cure, then I’ll come back and sand, install boxes and then give it the UV clear application to finish.

nice . gunna do a uv clear on the board im doing at the moment

Nice.  Bringing it to Plaskett?

Paul,

Did you get your hands on the C3D (resin-x) uv clear?

I think you are going to love it for ease of use and final effect.

Jeff…this, the asymm and the coil will be coming to Plaskett.

Finished weight is 12lb 4oz without fins.

I set it up for a Thruster or Twin + trailer with some Aipas and a custom runner from Probox Larry.

I see some big waves in that board’s future.  

Very nice.  I was going to come poking around South Laboratories this weekend but figured I’d wait until Plaskett.  

…ps  didn’t you tell me a while ago that you weren’t going to be making boards for a while?  That lasted, what, two weeks?

Real nice and great story behind it, This one’s an heirloom.

IanT,

I wish Tyler would post picks of his lastest creations.

If Sam Maloof made a surfboard it would have been mind blowing.

Kind regards,

surfding

I know this thread is ages old but DAYUM thats a beatiful board!! and I love that I just found out about this sam maloof guy through here as well… off to the library… boooooom!

i imagine he would put Laird Hamiltons hydrofoils to shame :slight_smile: