music in the shaping room

so what does every one like to listen to while they shape?

I crank-on my deluxe “ancient garage entertainment center”: an AM/FM combo stereo with functioning 8-track built in. Man is it old! I listen to whatever the classic rock stations of southern California are playing at the time.>>> so what does every one like to listen to while they shape?

I crank-on my deluxe “ancient garage entertainment center”: an > AM/FM combo stereo with functioning 8-track built in. Man is it old! I > listen to whatever the classic rock stations of southern California are > playing at the time. Ventura stations 95.1FM (Bubble Gum) or 95.9FM (Classic Rock) on an old ghetto blaster. Coaxed the tape deck into playing ‘Houses of the Holy’ the other day.

PHISH, a lot of live phish shows. maybe some Coltrane, or Miles.

1 Like

Shortboards= Hard Rock Longboards and funboards= Jimmy Buffett, Beach Boys Guns= Classical Blues or Hawaiian music (Iz, etc.)for anything aloha, tw ps. clean ocean for the next generation

1 Like

…Joan Jett…Herb

Shortboards= Hard Rock>>> Longboards and funboards= Jimmy Buffett, Beach Boys>>> Guns= Classical>>> Blues or Hawaiian music (Iz, etc.)for anything>>> aloha, tw>>> ps. clean ocean for the next generation In my younger days I blasted led Zep on an 8 track and wore nothing but baggies and a T shirt…Now that I am a well respected senior shaperI play classical music while wearing a white shirt,bow tie,leather apron,wingtip shoes and smoke a walnut briar pipe.

Little Feat…

so what does every one like to listen to while they shape? Working on my winter 6’9" pintail right now to the tune of Van Hagar… Magoo

so what does every one like to listen to while they shape? Sublime any album just over and over till im done. austin

Little Feat… Pink Floyd, in a hand colored karaoke machine with the speed turned down. Ja!! Dharmon, in there

so what does every one like to listen to while they shape? Mike Savage

3 disk changer currently holding AC/DC, Agent Orange and Dick Dale! Nice touch w/ Joan Jett though.

3 disk changer currently holding AC/DC, Agent Orange and Dick Dale! Nice > touch w/ Joan Jett though. I was born with a surfboard blank in my mouth…THE WHO !!!

As Austin said, Sublime is a good choice in any situation. I love Belle & Sebastian (The Gentle Waves is a good choice too) when i want to be concentrated or something like Pixies, Bad Religion (the older LPs), etc, to keep my energy on!!! Good Waves & Good Music!!, Coque.

anything with a funky beat.

anything by paul weller…“we are the mods, we are the mods, we are the we are the we are the mods!”

anything by paul weller…“we are the mods, we are the mods, we > are the we are the we are the mods!” Hey Bruce, If I close my eyes, I could be down Brighton!!

I heard about a famous name who shapes to Rush Limbaa. Makes me not want to get a board shaped under that kind of influence.

I heard about a famous name who shapes to Rush Limbaa. Makes me not want > to get a board shaped under that kind of influence. I personally like to listen to Tom Leycus on his take on life and women