new format - problems and glitches

** Hey guys,**

"Change is weird, but growth is good"

I'm working on getting the PM's back. With regard to your profiles, please feel free to update those. Frankly, there's a bunch of new features that I'm still figuring out, such as following other people, etc.

Just as a reminder of what's happening now and what's coming down the pike, please see this post:

http://www.swaylocks.com/forums/revolution-continues

If you have bug reports, problems, requests, etc, the more detail you can provide the better.

Mike (Paler)

Wanted to get a separate thread going for this topic, since some might miss the message in the other thread.

I'm fine with it all.  I would like to have the PM feature back pretty soon. But 20 MB upload is going to be a nice thing.

Thanks Mr. Swaylocks.

Keep up the good work… I struggle each time the site is upgraded…but after the dust clears…Happy!

So do your Tech upgrades…I'm really happy with Swaylock's.com…Thank you Mike Paler and all the MODS !

Stingray

doesn't seem to like chrome…

Notice: date_default_timezone_set(): Timezone ID '-36000' is invalid in drupal_session_initialize() (line 273 of /var/www/sites/swaylocks-d7/production/releases/20130910082453/includes/session.inc).

• Notice: date_default_timezone_set(): Timezone ID '-36000' is invalid in drupal_session_initialize() (line 273 of /var/www/sites/swaylocks-d7/production/releases/20130910082453/includes/session.inc).
  • Notice: date_default_timezone_set(): Timezone ID '-36000' is invalid in drupal_session_initialize() (line 273 of /var/www/sites/swaylocks-d7/production/releases/20130910082453/includes/session.inc).

I get the same with firefox.  Someone mentioned setting time/ location? It didn't help me.  Something strange about the postings.  Sometimes newer posts aren't the last one in line.

What happened to the tag/ website link on the bottom of a post?

http://markmillerconstruction.com

And I miss the points and member since 20XX.  Also the props.

But it works better on my phone.

Where's the blog style feature ? Or am I too early for it ?

I can't seem to find a "Quote" option, as provided by all of the earlier versions. Plus, the copy and paste routine is clunky and annoying.

working ??

Suggestion / Request

Please have more threads per page on the home pages of the forums.  Once threads fall off the first page they tend to die or be forgotten.  This will help keep discussions and this forum thriving.

There does not seem to be a way to go directly to the last/newest post in a thread.

Beautiful Ben

Here's a little thing that I just noticed.  I edited an old post to make a spelling correction.  After updating the topic was sent to the top of the list.  I remember that this didn't used to happen.

"Here's a little thing that I just noticed.  I edited an old post to make a spelling correction.  After updating the topic was sent to the top of the list.  I remember that this didn't used to happen."
You are mistaken - it did used to work that way.

Is it just me  but the  messages only go half way across the page?

The big red error message is telling you to set your timezone in your profile, that's pretty clunky!

(but setting your timezone will get rid of it)

On the subject of editing profiles, you cannot put any date earlier than 2010 in the shaping since box, that's gonna stymy a lot of us oldies. :confused:

Change the Save button back to Post and give me back my Quote button.

The most recent post is not always at the bottom of the thread.

Sometimes, it gets inserted in the middle somewhere.

I'm getting the half way posts across the page but I'm sure if we all come back in a few months it'll all be sorted.

Looks like it's set for 1024 pixels wide, and not dynamically resizing above that screen width (looks fairly funky on my phone too).

Looks like it is set to thread the topic that way, instead of conventional linear. If I reply to your post it gets stuck right under your post, if I just post to the topic I get stuck at the bottom. Normally forums have an option to choose how topics/threads are organised… anyone found it?

the neiman marcus ads are really crisp and clear

but they are only at the bottom of the page 

where are the right margin ads? it seems

we are a little short of ads.

…ambrose…

one thing ,it is easier to spend less time

wiling away the hours  at the key board

falling asleep somplace other than in front

of the sway site is becoming more likely.

save is the new post