New Tool for Shaping

…GL, I think still there s a lot of room for the hand shaper/builder around the world

by now also happens things like what Stamps say in the previous comment

I once heard that a op shaper in Australia, used to use some kind of “GINSU” serrated kitchen knife when shaping,

basically instead of a saw, for trimming noses, cutting swallows or flyers …

Anyone know what I’m talking about ?

P.S… I think machines are great for stock models, , and lately, , Alot of older mal shapers are getting their boards machined,

thus reducing the time using the electric plane, and ammounts of time on their feet walking up and down a 9’8 lenght of blank.

I see your point but there shouldn’t be a great deal of difference in what was drawn and the finished pre shape in the first place. Or maybe it’s just me.

I woke from an afternoon nap

cleaned a couple plastic 5g buckets

stood my pipe clamp collection in the

black one.

pulled out the makita table saw

cranked down my home made fence

ripped some redwood for offset stringers

between talking to john the ewok

and assorted characters

one of which brought me some

homemade beef jerkey from

his long beach washington home

another one asked me"what

is your favorite part of this

surfboard making process?‘’

I did’nt think long to say

seeing it done…although in my mind

I was riding …

…ambrose…

‘’'and in the end

the ___ you take

is equal to

the ____ you make.‘’’

6’x18’‘x 1 5/8’’

what will it make?

what will it take to ride it.

**I once heard that a op shaper in Australia, used to use some kind of “GINSU” serrated kitchen knife when shaping, **

basically instead of a saw, for trimming noses, cutting swallows or flyers …

** Anyone know what I’m talking about ?**

Any Japaneese pull saws (Smaller blade) will work I have the one like the “Ginsu” they work great and reduce you shaping time.

I saw a ghost shaper from Channel Island use one on Fishes. He would dial in a fish tail in 5 minutes real clean.

I see your point but there shouldn’t be a great deal of difference in what was drawn and the finished pre shape in the first place. Or maybe it’s just me.

WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get), however I see a lot of shapes that were designed on CAD programs that will have defect’s in the pre-cut. This is more of a design error. If someone is seasoned his cuts will be perfect like a Timmy Patterson or a Pat Rawson those guys are really good with the Cad programs. The design versions of the Cad programs that don’t have the G-code image available are subject to distortions due to the designers inability to see his defects in the design before the board is cut.

wow that was some heavy debate…bottomn line …made in the USA…

wow that was some heavy debate…bottomn line …made in the USA…

holy shit…you really put that fabric on a board!

I thought you were just yanking my chain…

SHOOTER!