photos....the "Chipper Files " ....

What??? Josh, I didn’t know you guys ate cats down there…

ben, glad to see you back here brother… you were missed…

Hey ben, no waves for a while here, so im playing around. Here’s my spitfire in my egg. When we get some waves i’ll try it. I still havent really tried the fin in decent waves.

great stuff !

a guy here in perth [‘surfaddict’]

got one of those fins too, mark . he showed it to me , when he dropped around to see me , and give me an 8’+ windsurfer [thick old style , lots of nose kick] which i guess i can paddle in our [fast approaching ] summer flatness.

eating cats hahahah classic [i guess i’ve been doing that for YEARS eh ? …as have most healthy aussie blokes , i guess]

skip frye ??

man , i must be looking OLD , before my time .

i’ll take it as a compliment though , as from what i have seen of him , he seems one very stoked / energetic big kid !! [and a better surfer and person than i’ll EVER be !]

fats …

yep i AM partial to "bangers and mash ", and the odd pie [lots of ours are odd …no telling what goes into em , nowadays !]

but , alas ,

no COCKNEY accent on this 'ere "mate " … MINE is 'strine ', through and through [ring me if you need a dose of aussie accent *]

cheers guys for the funny comments , and photos …love that peak shot , ‘Rezzin’ !

• i p.m’ed you my phone no. … not sure of the aussie international code prefix , though , sorry !

cheers !

"the formal mr. ben chipper " , in [slave labour] work attire …[unfortunately it was unpaid …next week is surfing now , i guess ?]

• fatty , i p.m’ed you my phone number. … i’m not sure of the aussie international code prefix , though , sorry !

hi ben i thought you might be interested in a couple of poly boards i done

THANKS PAUL !

what sizes are they ?

what fins will you use [are you making your own ?]

was that a spray job on the bottom of the board ? [ie: not a tint]

let me know how they ride eh , compared to your compsands and epoxy/ polystyrene ones ?

cheers mate

ben

hey ben the green one is a tint and its 6 4 by 19 3/4 by 2 1/4

white one is 5 10 by 20 by 2 1/4

yeah i made fins for both boards

one set are the tom carrol template and the others are like a g

i sold them both but i will get a go on the green one some stage

the 5 10 is a wee bit small for me

i will make myself a pu with a red/yellow swirl soon

not doing epoxy/polystyrene anymore

just the compsands and pUs

Hey Ben, what about a “taste of salt water wine”? Those I shot at Guéthary and Cenitz on sunday:

Guéthary:

Cenitz:

nice photos Balsa!

How do you say “Lucky bastards” in french?? Looks like soooooo much fun mate

“How do you say “Lucky bastards” in french??”

“Putain de veinards!!!”

Remember, when Ambrose came here not so long ago, he witnessed this same spot absolutely flat… Sorry, Ambrose… Next time?

Speaking of Guethary …

YouTube - Martin Potter surfing Guethary

Sorry for the hijack Chipsa.

No hijack whatsoever. The video was shot at “Les Alcyons”, south of Parlementia (Guéthary’s most well-known break). Les Alcyons is a left and quite hollow with a very fickle take-off zone.

10- 22-08

Wondering what boat you were on that took you to Aussie . We also emigrated in 1961 on the Fairsky arriving in Perth in October as I remember having my 6th birthday in the middle of the Indian Ocean . We then went on to Sydney . Keep those pictures coming

Cheers

Mpcutback

Ben,

good to see you here again, there’s mail coming and here’s some pics of a few oddities for you to peruse:

is this board in LA?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_m6UdS-kNfvg/SMtz5Nq1ShI/AAAAAAAAASk/fR6TedmQ1J8/s1600-h/ek_rk.jpg

No, the Ekstrom is down in SD- Carl designed it for Windansea and that’s where Richard’s surfing it apparently!

Quote:

Wondering what boat you were on that took you to Aussie . We also emigrated in 1961 on the Fairsky arriving in Perth in October as I remember having my 6th birthday in the middle of the Indian Ocean . We then went on to Sydney . Keep those pictures coming

Cheers

Mpcutback

hi mick

the “wilhelm rice” [?sp?]

which later became the ill-fated “achille lauro”

[it sank off south africa , one year to the day that my folks were on it …]

thanks for the photos , guys …

the michael mackie winterstick fishes

[featured in “ether”

… HOW do they RIDE , Kirk ?

cheers

ben

speaking of perfect sundays , Billy …

THIS was here , [last sunday evening …]

i had the morning to myself [for 90 minutes ]

yeehaaa

STOKED !!!

Hi Chip,

Good to see you back here - feels like a little of the old Sways magic has been coming back here over the last few weeks.

-Cam