photos....the "Chipper Files " ....

The world really is a better place when the chip man cometh. great to see you’ve been living large .

I scored this reef last month. Stoked. The guy in the middle picture was ripping it up on a little twin keel fish

hydrodynamica.blogspot.com- asymmetrical in full flight.

Ben, the Mackie is insanely good- fastest board I’ve surfed, feels great and comes out of turns like a rocket. I love the thing and he’s got a few new concepts going on that are outrageous. The mad scientist in full effect.

https://swaylocks7stage.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/1030095_Picture+8.jpg

Chippy,

How good is it to look back at pix of a trip like that. Makes you remember the flies, heat, sandblasting, suspect tent air quality, howling SW and more flies - and then the waves!

Here’s a pic (if I can get it to load) just to fire the stoke from the other side.

Imagine you were there - paddling out, watching your mate cruise off the bottom as another set lines up out the back …

Hey Rosco,

What are you doing putting up that picture of Crocodile creek in Darwin?

A certain Beach in front of a certain body of water here was slabbing at 6ft on Saturday.

Heaviest I’ve surfed it in a while. Hope you got some.

Daren

“suspect tent air quality,”

actually ,

rohan slept in the van [with all the windows closed]

next trip i’ll remember to pack the gas mask eh ?!

i see you learnt how to post VISIBLE photos , mate … [ignore my email , therefore…]

“I’M OUT THERE !!”

cheers quent , keep WHEELING 'em out …haha

chipman

Yeah I’m trying not to blow the cover off it - but Crocodiles has been firing this winter - got some great North Swells from Lows dropping further south than usual in the Coral Sea, but I digress - its more like this most of the time …

And yeah - Saturday was a very pleasant surprise after what seems like a fairly long spell of waves in the “small” range. A few snapped leggies - and a bit more business for O&E (and plenty of water up the shnozz).

That last board looks very interesting Consafos…whats the story with that one.?

Steve

Chippy, Here’s a couple from our last trip. Mid winter - sparkling clear skies - 1 degree C overnight - frosty walk across the park to this …

Mandatory wildlife shot …

Pity we didn’t have anyone as dedicated to the task of photos as you, to get a few quality shots of waves.

Hey there

here are a few shots of our team riders doing testing on three of our new boards.

hope you like them

Steve,

if it’s the last board in the 3, it’s the latest Kenvin/Bauguess Simmons riff. A small twin was shaped by Simmons for Al Nelson (I think) who wanted to ride it as a single, so Bob said try it as a twin with a 3rd trailing fin. I think it stayed as a single and sucked, and now the boys in San Diego are playing with the idea again. Looks like a stinger version of a Casper really, and I’ve not seen it in person nor heard a ride report but soon I’m sure.

From that angle it almost looks like a very early 80’s thruster (a very versatile design that I would love to see given fresh love with some new tech). Looks super functional to my eye given all the error inherent in the web.

Thanks for the info.

Steve

thanks for the photos rosco !

keep em coming

sways doesn’t know what it’s in for when chippy’s mates decide they want in on this whole posting photos thingy .

be scared

be

very

very scared !

[if only sir wanksalot still posted here eh ?!]

cheers !

ben

just got word that a board buying influx of cash may be coming my way soon , so hopefully after the donated digicam , i’ll also have a 6’4 thruster for my next trip .

much as i love the glide of a 9’4 single keel mal , i look forward to taking off deeper and doing some turns

Chip, you said it right there…take off deeper and do some turns.

Huntington Beach Pier 10-24-08

nice …

the iggy pop song “i wanna be your dog” ??

the new millenium version of it needs to be “i wanna be your mobile phone”!!

Great shots, every ( ahem ) last one of them.

Looks like a Campbell Bros Bonzer in the top pic too ( trainspotting I know , but hey, I am what I am …)

I reckon so too, you can see the spray pattern at the tail, there seems to be a gap where the rail fins are. I could be just imagining it !

WOW!

We should have gone there for our board testing day.

Oh well…we still had fun