photos....the "Chipper Files " ....

Yeah ok mate, just gotta sand down the swallow tips, the nose ( i did a big resin blob on them ), and then the bottom rails, and im ready for hotcoat. I have some 4oz glass leftovers ( only big enough for a 5’‘x5’’ panel each, maybe 12-15 ) ready to post to you, and then some blue and magente tint, and white pigment to send to you mate. I wont be needing them for a while. I dont have the skill or time at the moment to make anymore. So im gunna send some stuff to you. I also have a half metre of 6oz on a roll which will make its way there when i can. If you cant use it, throw it out, but i know you too well haha.

Can’t surf yet, i can paddle, but popping up really hurts. In 6-8 weeks i’ll be sweet, but at the moment im surfing my twin keel prone, but i may buy a cheapo bodyboard ( yes a bodyboard! ). I’d rather be out there on a BB, than not at all. And im not anti BB’s, though i’d rather stand up surf.

Check your mail next week mate, it will come in lots, over the next month.

Cheers

Mark.

BTW, im brewin tomorrow, a Coopers Pale ale style beer haha

woohooo ! cheers mark !

it’s been a WHILE since i have actually laid up a panel , and i have been missing the fumes

i’ll make you “some” kind of fins with them …coloured , probably , by the sound of it

if i get some more cloth , i’ll add it all together , and might be able to come up with a coupla different templates , hopefully

cheers

ben

…i’ll be in melbourne for a few days [catch up with simon] …catch up with you later , mate !

some [NON-SURFING-RELATED, WELL, I HOPE THE … ER …“PURISTS” HERE DON’T MIND ? IF YOU DO…DON’T LOOK , THEN !] from melbourne [the recent free trip]…

…at tullamarine airport , a sunset arrival [‘daylight saving’ IS useful , after all !!!]

prahran [pronounced “per-an”, i’m told] skate ramp …

and , only a few metres away [!..i never REALISED !] “the chapel” [yes , where "live at the chapel " [live bands] are filmed ]

around toorak / 'per-an" streets…

st.kilda delicacies [we don’t have cake shops like THESE in perth …BUMMER , eh ?!

st. kilda art …

“Z-AA-AA-PPPP !!”

[you saw the ‘simpsons’ episode , right ??]

melbourne city …

on new year’s day , THIS was what we found on the beach …a photo prop bonus , for sure !!

so , since the early morning “iceburgers” didn’t want to use them …

the “new” surf check method …

the thrillkill council workers came and turned it upside down while we were in the water , so …

…hood ornament…

well, there WERE waves , anyway …

…these were taken during more early morning sessions on my return from [five days away from the ocean !!!] melbourne …

…and …strong offshores add interesting TEXTURE sometimes , eh ?!

and …now … for ‘Oldy’ …some black and whites ! enjoy , mate !

the "black hole "…

some less frothy ones …

makes we want to grab a pair of swim fins & bodysurf. yew!

Chip"FINS"fish guy…

ZoSurf here… 'member me buddy? Sent you that crazy low profile kelp avoiding fin you threw on Hicksy’sMoon board ring a bell?

Herd you went walkabout as I did all for our real life / various reasons. I would love to have your info…address etc. Never know where the travels lead us, and if I ever come down your way, I will humbly request a surf sesh and the priveldge to buy you a beer my good man. Find me @ zosurf@msn.com

Thanks and Take care… I’ve really enjoyed the pics!!! Enjoy '09…

Mine started off rocky w/ a broken fibula… yarggh I say!

thanks oldy !!

zosurf !!!

mate !!!

GREAT to hear from you n

i thought you may have been abducted by aliens , ‘fatbaslardass’ style there , for a while !

yep , i’ve been using your fin [shallow sandbank avoiding fin , also !] for MONTHS …ON THE 9’4 , THE 9’ER , AND THE 7’ER

I love IT !

[I even did a thread or two on it , from memory ]

so ,

do you still have YOUR multi-fin board , mate ?? [my ‘prawn’ is unplugged…]

welcome back !

a speedy recovery and good surfing times to you !

cheers for the contact ,

yes , i’d LOVE to catch up with you , if you’re ever in perth , west oz !!

cheers mate !

ben

from last weekend , when i got to try out the Island Surfboards 6’3" Glyndon Ringrose shaped thruster that [my brother] Simon gave me for a birthday present recently …

the after-effects of the recent huge summer fires north …

PICT1077-2.jpg picture by chippy61

three sandboarders…

PICT1182-1.jpg picture by chippy61

waist to chest high , on the biggest ones … [we had it offshore then glassy for 45 minutes , due to getting bogged on the drive up …]

PICT1079-1.jpg picture by chippy61

driving back…

PICT1191.jpg picture by chippy61

that night’s [saturday] sunset…

PICT1270.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT1276.jpg picture by chippy61

i spotted this , this morning , on the way to this internet cafe [not far from where hicksy used to work ]

PICT1331-1.jpg picture by chippy61

a22-1.jpg picture by chippy61

eli…

a36.jpg picture by chippy61

a23-1.jpg picture by chippy61

a24.jpg picture by chippy61

a28.jpg picture by chippy61

…ooops !

a27-1.jpg picture by chippy61

a29.jpg picture by chippy61

a30.jpg picture by chippy61

a31-1.jpg picture by chippy61

a34.jpg picture by chippy61

a39.jpg picture by chippy61

a37.jpg picture by chippy61

a38.jpg picture by chippy61

Chip,

Good shit, by far the most intense water shots you have posted, looks like you are moovin up a notch with the pedigree of action in both action and size.

Seems like an evolutionary process you are gong thru and I for one am interested to see the evolution of you images.

Suck Rock

thanks mate

credit where it’s due , though …

my brother , simon, took these photos , with his son’s [eli] camera …

Hey ben, i couldn’t put a pic in the private message, so here it is:

7’10’’ x 22 x 3.

Find out tomorrow how it goes hopefully

Hey Mark

Nice board

Did you do any work on your board, or did Col do the whole build??

You won’t be dissapointed with Cols work.

Cheers

…**thanks **for that , Mark !

stay tuned for some fins for the sideys for that

[warning…they may be a little …er…“different” to what youre used to…]

i’ve been sanding the tabs on a few this week , i just gotta fine tune them [probably next monday or so]

cheers mate

ben

PICT0726-1.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT0733-1.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT0231.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT0600.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT0233-2.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT1453.jpg picture by chippy61

yesterday…[full moon setting] …

PICT1463.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT1467-1.jpg picture by chippy61

PICT1457-1.jpg picture by chippy61