Pier board

That is a work of art my friend.

Spuddups - thanks! I’ve learned a lot on this build. I have two more I am making and will make sure they turn out better than this one.Things that need improvement, regardless of if people see the flaws or not will be corrected and some processes will be changed or modified.

Update on the board.
I was gifted these beautiful fins from Dave Town, for which I am truely great full. If you have not rider any of his fins your missing out.

Fins are on and I glossed the deck.

Bird said a true fish has dual foils - I figure if anyone knows what’s up it’s him. Fins have dual foil. No cant, no toe.

That board is a looker! I’ve always loved the aesthetics of wood boards, hopefully one day I’ll have the talent and balls to take one on. Gotta give us a ride report before it becomes a hanger.

Sweet! Yew!

Love a good build thread, thanks. Awesome looking results.

So I’m pretty much finished up with it. Still haven’t gotten it in the water - waiting for free time, swell and my buddy to shoot some photos.

A handful of small details I’m not pleased with but I’ll correct them on the next one.

Finished weight is 30lbs - I think I can get the next one a lot closer to 20.

I resized the photos and they still looked pretty clear on my phone but I’m not sure if they will look half way decent on a PC.

If they are bad let me know.

Nice work! Turned out great

Beautiful. Love the character of all that wood, and love the gloss.

Photos look great on my phone.

Have you surfed it yet? My first wood board, a fish, ended up at about 24 lbs. Rides smooth as butter.

I may have a chambering project coming up.

Did you vent it?

Huck - no vent - no waves yet.

Gonna try to get it out this week - swell permitting.

hope your project works out.

Neat project. Nice job. Onya. Sooner or later we will get some big swells and another pier will be broken. “Be there or be square”.

Fantastic! Good to see any wood recycled into anything. But especially nice to see Pismo Pier become a surfboard. Over my years of living and surfing on the Central Coast I saw repairs and replacement of planks and piling done on the original pier 3 or four times. Saw the lifeguard shack get removed, Pilings replaced etc. The biggie was in the 80’s when the end of the pier collapsed. That resulted in the new sea wall, a new shorter pier and the “strand” beach board walk. I don’t think the idiots in power at the time knew what they were getting into when the City decided to take over responsibility and maintenance of that Pier from the state of Californication. Watch the parking fees go up. Meters like in O’side in the near future. Lowel. Really great work on that board kid.

Just saw this one… another repurposed pier plank:  

That’s pretty rad. Who built it? 

There is a guitar builder I’m friends with here in town that I tried to convince to build some guitars out of my scraps but he wanted no part of it haha. 

A guy in Bakersfield made it.  It’s on SLO Craigslist for $2599.00.  “T & T Customs “Pismo Pier Cat” Handcrafted Esquire”

To be honest when you first posted it I thought it was a kid who took the neck off a squire and stuck it on 3 bucks worth of pier wood to stick on his wall … still cool -  but hot damn! 2600??? 

Ill tell you this, those Bakersfield/Fresno folks will shovel out cash for anything “pismo beach” so I’m sure someone will buy it. 

The second pier board I made to be on display in the shop down at the pier was not for sale, guy came in and wanted to buy it - asked the shop owner for a price - he said not for sale - guy asked what the “not for sale” price was - owner threw out a crazy number - guy said I’ll take it. Didn’t last more than a week in the shop, hadn’t even built the display for it. 

HAHA - Love it!