POSCA PAINT PEN ARTWORK

Here they’re.

Aloha,

Rich

Wow, more awesome art dude, when you draw on the glass with the Posca pens do you have to seal it or is it ready to ride once dry?

hi Rick [?griffo?]

…is the second board [‘skull’] set up as a twinny , or does it have a back finbox ?

ben

I spray a matte coat over, don’t forget this are water based paint pen.

Aloha,

Rich

Is a trhuster set up.

Could you seal it with Pro Finish?

For best results use any matte or gloss clear spray.

krylon, rust0 or just get it from your local artcraft supplier.

Rich

that looks awsome man, great job.

are the cards and stuff in the first pic airbrushed

Thanks Rich

Aloha rickland!

I LOVE YOUR ART MAN! really!

I would love to know exactly the item you use from the Krylon Brand, because here is the only brand I can find, but they have like 3 or 4 diferent types of clear coats sprays.

MAHALO

VB,

I discovered that the best results will be using any gloss finish clear coat spray.

Then, when is fully dried just gently sanded with some scothbright material.

Kinda like the one u use to wash your dishes. The sell the at you local fiberglass supply and it come on discs like 6", 6.5", 7", 7.5", and 8"

Just glue to an old sanding pad that you ;'re not going to use anymore and use the lowest rpm.

Make sure you spray some water over the board and will do a really gentle sanding or else BIG MESS AND YOU ARTWOTK IS RUINED!.

Have fun, I hope this helps.

Rickland

Aloha rickland!

Thanx!! this tip is helpfull to me…

Here in my country is too difficult to find poscas…i would love to know if can give some tip about what to look for… I mean…some brand (maybe Sharpie, or prismacolor?) some kind of tint…I don´t know…lol

The thing is that I love Shaping art but I WOULD LOVE to paint my boards like you do…ok like 23543543132132 times uglyer should be GOOD! lol

MAHALO

VB,

You can go to woodcrafter.com they are exactly like the poscas but more econmic.

Get the chisel tip one cause ucan use them to fill in collors and do fine outlines.

Set up an account with them and you’ll get wholesale.

Hope this helps.

Rich

Aloha rickland!

Thanx again for the info man,…

searching for something like you told me, found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ZIG-3-pk-DOTTA-RIFFIC-soft-shades-DUAL-TIP-MARKERS-new_W0QQitemZ320041000487QQihZ011QQcategoryZ11790QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

seems to be cool and more cheap…

What do you think?

MAHALO

VB,

Don’t experiment with brands that people in the industry never heard of.

I been doing this since 97 and never heard of this brand.

Cheaper means expensive at the end.

I’m telling you if you uwant to save some bucks go to woodcrafter.com

Rich

Howzit rickland, Those paint pens are made by Zig pens and Zigs work way better than Posca pens. Used to use Zigs f all the time till they stopped selling them on Kauai.Aloha,Kokua

ALoha rickland!

Ok, I get the point thanx for the advice, so much times happens that cheaper is expensive later…

Mahalo

Aloha kokua!

Do you think this can work?

They are way cheaper than posca, but like rickland said, I don´t want to waste money!

Sharpie have a cool line…“poster pàint” that is cheaper and is on EZ…

do you prove them?

MAHALO

Howzit begginer, I’ve never seen the new Sharpies here on Kauai,so I can’t compare them but I like Zig pens and india ink the best for pin lines and art work. Aloha,Kokua

Aloha kokua!

Ok with Zig pens, but whats is “india ink”?? Its a type of ink, a brand?

Mahalo