post Hull pics

i just got my Liddle Pointbreaker. You guys wuz right (leev, SrPato, etc)-- pics don’t do them justice. I can’t believe how thin these rails are. This thing is a trip.

Cost me my left nut to get it here from Miami - hope it’s worth it!

South East smoothie from Liddle.Love this board.Hard to get the rails-hull flow on film.

Woop’s,little rusty on posting.

back to the diff

dig the fin… that is a routed installation I believe…!!!

no I beam?

this in my mind is what a real surfboard is.

this is for serious surfing

the diff appendage is an extension of the self

like a flexy flier is a flexy

or a radio flyer is a wagon

or J.C. higgins means bike

kawik good job

make one each in six inch increments

or anybody for that mater

you will go fast and smoothe

like a catalogue of respectable

creative stylists

is that leon thompkins old board?

check the writing on the stringer…

…ambrose…

COOL!!!

dis my 7’4" Liddle Pointbreaker just rcvd.

this angle captures the concept of the hull for me – it’s boat-like look

Hi Jason,

That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Keep us updated with your progress on that board, it sure is an adventure. Been riding mine so much this summer that I’ve completely ignored my longboards…even on the small days. :wink: Had some great head-high waves on Thurs eve and Friday noon. God I love that board!

most definately will let you know how she goes. however i’m prepared to climb the learning curve, and pay my dues first few sessions.

rgds,

jason

Thanks for that pic man. That is the first one I have seen that really shows how knifey those rails are. Holy crap!

Nice board for sure.

Woooohoooo!

Hull Do’s and Don’ts:

Don’t stand on the tail!

Don’t switch boards for the first 5-6 sessions…NO MATTER WHAT!

Don’t hop your turns, bank them.

Don’t wipe that grin off your face after you do your first real rail turn.

Do find the trim spot and stand there. You can do everything from that spot.

Do use your head to lead your turns (it’ll help keep your weight centered or on the front foot).

Do bend ze knees.

Do move the fin around once you’re comfortable.

Do go backside just to realize how good a surfer Kirk Putnam is…

Quote:

Do go backside just to realize how good a surfer Kirk Putnam is…

leev - too funny - yknow i’ve been hearing how hard these things are to ride backside - but those pics of KP backside … and lookin’ purty solid. (K-ranking bottom turns - sheets of water).

agree with all lee said.i obviously don’t know your abilities, but it may be best to just start out casually taking off at an angle and trimming just to get the feel of the board.let it take you for the ride.step forward a bit,even back(to find out how it reacts in a foward position and what happens when on the tail), then cut loose!

Quote:

let it take you for the ride

yep - that’s the plan – see where this thing takes me.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Greg Liddle? I checked out his website but couldn’t find his contact info. I think I’d like to try out one of his boards if its not too long a wait. I’ve only got about a year left in Hawaii… :frowning:

I just got 2 more nice new ones just like that at my shop ( garage) if any ones lookin for a 7’4 or 7’2’’ Liddles. Backside is allabout EVENLY APPLIED PRESSURE and you gotta be smooth.

fin box on the Liddle i got seems a bit tight - asked GL about it and he said to put a little silicone spray on it, and that eventually it’s loosen up a bit. Even after that, the only way it slides back and forth is if I completely remove the screw, knock the after end up to move it.

i can’t see how im’ gonna be able to adjust this thing between rides without getting out of the water.

anything further i can do? sand down fin a bit?

Tap the pin down and sand down on that side , by hand or i like a cordless drill with the foam backing and some 120 grit , stick and sand , do this on both sides a couple of lite passes and tap the pin in the middle and try it again ( dont over do it go slow. I have to do this on all lot of boards.

Even thought I am still getting the board dialed in, I am very stoked with the turn radius (7’10" of board).

AF