post Hull pics

OK, Briddah. I can play too:

jojo07-21-2004, 05:53 PMOpossum should be handled in accordance with the general rules for game in the field. The blood should be drained and the entrails removed. The body cavity should be wiped clean. When hung for 48 hours, they are ready to be skinned and cooked.

Opossum meat is light colored and tender. Excess fat may be removed, but there is not a strong flavor or odor contained in the fat. Chill to firm up fat for easy removal.

If possible, trap 'possum and feed it on milk and cereals for 10 days before killing. Clean, but do not skin. Treat as for pig by immersing the unskinned animal in water just below the boiling point. Test frequently by plucking at the hair. When it slips out readily, remove the 'possum from the water and scrape. While scraping repeatedly, pour cool water over the surface of the animal. Remove small red glands in small of back and under each foreleg between the shoulder and rib.

Possom with Sweet Potatoes

1 opossum (about 2 1/2 pounds)

2 1/2 tsp. salt

Pepper to taste

Flour

1/2 cup water

4 medium sweet potatoes

2 tbsp. sugar

Trim excess fat from opossum and discard. Wash quickly inside and out with warm water; drain thoroughly. Rub salt and pepper well into the opossum inside and out. Sprinkle inside and out with flour. Lay the opossum on its back in a roasting pan.

Add water, cover and bake in 350 degree F. oven until about half done (45 - 60 minutes). Split peeled potatoes in half lengthwise and place in pan around opossum. Add more water if needed. Cover sliced potatoes and opossum and cook 30 more minutes.

in a word;

Trim

Quote:

OK, Briddah. I can play too:

jojo07-21-2004, 05:53 PMOpossum should be handled in accordance with the general rules for game in the field. The blood should be drained and the entrails removed. The body cavity should be wiped clean. When hung for 48 hours, they are ready to be skinned and cooked.

Opossum meat is light colored and tender. Excess fat may be removed, but there is not a strong flavor or odor contained in the fat. Chill to firm up fat for easy removal.

If possible, trap 'possum and feed it on milk and cereals for 10 days before killing. Clean, but do not skin. Treat as for pig by immersing the unskinned animal in water just below the boiling point. Test frequently by plucking at the hair. When it slips out readily, remove the 'possum from the water and scrape. While scraping repeatedly, pour cool water over the surface of the animal. Remove small red glands in small of back and under each foreleg between the shoulder and rib.

Possom with Sweet Potatoes

1 opossum (about 2 1/2 pounds)

2 1/2 tsp. salt

Pepper to taste

Flour

1/2 cup water

4 medium sweet potatoes

2 tbsp. sugar

Trim excess fat from opossum and discard. Wash quickly inside and out with warm water; drain thoroughly. Rub salt and pepper well into the opossum inside and out. Sprinkle inside and out with flour. Lay the opossum on its back in a roasting pan.

Add water, cover and bake in 350 degree F. oven until about half done (45 - 60 minutes). Split peeled potatoes in half lengthwise and place in pan around opossum. Add more water if needed. Cover sliced potatoes and opossum and cook 30 more minutes.

Oh! Seem so clear now. Got it :smiley:

I know it’s far from the spirit of the “hulls” we are speaking of, but I think many would appreciate some of the hull characteristics of Cheyne’s board - similarities and differences (starfin). would be interesting too, it the man himself commented on how the up rails and rolled bottom made the board behave.

found this pic on another thread.

WHoooo wheee that sure do give me a powerful hunger!

Cheyne is the latin root of gothicus dolphinius…

ON SWAYBAY TODAY:

Vintage 7’7" Mike Diffenderfer (Channin/Diffenderfer)Hulled, pulled-in-nose bottom (belly), Single Fin, pulled-in-Round-Pintail #1828 69 made in 1969 by Mike Diffenderfer.

The deck is White with a blue tint pinline blending into vibrant yellow tint rails and bottom. Glassed on Red/White/Black single fin. Redwood Stringer. The board is absolutely perfect on the bottom, and the top is in good condition with some heal pressure dents, and couple stress spiders in the glass up about 1’ back from the nose area. The deck foam is still white but has minimal discoloring in spots near the tail. No major delams.

It is water tight and ridable right now.

Classic Diffenderfer Hulled bottom and pulled in nose to resist wind traveling up the face.

This is a beautiful pulled in round-pintail.

I rode this board at double-overhead Pill-Box, and Fletcher Cove, and it glided like nothing else I have ever ridden. I felt like Terry Fitzgerald, sweeping wide turns and smooth arcs from the peak to the beach on every ride.

Back in 2002, I was riding this board at PB Point with Skip Frye, and I rolled it over to show him the hulled bottom and the yellow tint, while we were waiting between sets. Skip said, “Wow! I would be careful with that board. I wouldn’t be riding it too much. Mike shaped my first board. I sat on the board to hold it down while he shaped it for me! I’d hang on to that one if I were you!”

Quote:

WHoooo wheee that sure do give me a powerful hunger!

is that why we see a dancing possum-like thing in your avatar box? c’mon let 'm outa there!

in few weeks I’ll try to get some animated gif material in South Africa for my avatar, not while surfing mind you…

I have a 1969 Channin / Diffenderfer hull if you are looking for an example of a hulled surfboard. I apologize for the pics because my camera is not that great… by the way… $550 and it’s yours.

Dimensions:

7’7" x 21 and some change

Dave

619-757-0100

Oceanside 92054

kawikas diffenderfer/channin hull 1969

Kawikas’ hull

Kawikas hull