S.A. 2004 photos...

I can see those daddio,John the authorities monitor my computer but I don’t know how secure they are making it ,are the pictures the same as daddios attatchments?..ambrose…gotta take the film o’mine in tomorrow…

Ambrose- Yeah, they’re the same thing…Daddio just took them all and squeezed them into three attachments so everyone could see them.

Or, in ambrosinese:

One in the same, six of one, half a dozen…Of the other…Squeeze them like fresh orange juice on a Sunday morning Daddio did…Tenover. P.S.- Now the collective eyes of the world can view these still frames together as one…

I met Ambrose at the 2003 event so I knew what to expect this time. He makes sense once you have met him. At the 2003 meeting I saw one of his boards resting on a campsite table. It was a beautiful mid length, single fin. The mid length board is a much neglected category which frequently gets lumped with the fun-board label. My beloved Takayama egg is in the same class. Anyway Ambrose’s board was brand new with not one blim of wax on it

However earlier in the day the following scene had taken place:

Early morning plasket Creek. Small glassy, hard to make semi-closeouts. A man who later turned out to be Ambrose was making the waves. His technique was to make no attempt to stand on what was most definately a regular standup board. Intrigued I spoke to him and asked him “do you always ride prone?”

his answer:

“only when there is no wax on it”

the Ambrose longboard at 2004

tinted freelaps

most builders would steer clear of the combination of pigmented resin and free lapping, but amongst those annoying glass strings that occur the laps, opportunity can be found for art

dry textured lams readily accept colour from the squeegee he tells me

GOOD JOB LAD …this is why your employment will never be in question,service above and beyond concept…shows clearly thou art an alpha…body and mind…ambrose… My japanese friend dennis didnt believe me about the weight repurt on your board he he has much to learn conceptually…

Willow Creek prior to “The Event”…

More Willow Creek…

Sand Dollar Beach…

At the campground…

Late afternoon…

4est…

Lee V…

Before returning home to the PNW, I surfed the Ranch…

A bit more Ranch…

Finally, one more day of adventure, before the 24 hour drive…

It was a blast…

Let’s do it again…!!!..