Share the stoke ! [photos]

Quote:

Aipa stinger, and ‘big Ben Aipa’ in action on one!

Ben, Here’s a pic of a Ben Aipa Stinger I found in the dumpster a few years back…

Ben

and my personal interperatation of a modern stinger thruster .

Ben

For Peter, Paul, and Mary’s sake Ben, how many boards have you shaped? They all look killer to me! Wish mine looked that nice… Ah well…

It all started for me around the summer of 64.

That is me on a skimboard at South Avalon.

And some of my early attemps backyard at Whale Beach mid 70’s. platty.

wow thanks Ben…it still had the FIN in it too??

thank god for people who throw stuff… now, we just need ‘platty’ to restore it back to its former glory!!

ben
Quote:

For Peter, Paul, and Mary’s sake Ben, how many boards have you shaped? They all look killer to me! Wish mine looked that nice… Ah well…

I was nearly going to reply, then I realised… sorry, Ben… over to you buddy !

[it gets weird eh ? especially when waxfoot the funny buggah says “peter, paul, and mary” [fellow ozites in the '60’s] I thought he was talking to the oz ben then !!]

[ " ben2" ]

…Hicksy, here’s another shot from perry lakes skatepark of me [from LAST WEEK , also]…doing my favourite manouevre, again [“one trick pony”?]

maybe we could go skate this weekend if it’s onshore…I’d like to get a handstand photo…there’s a good hotmix street near pearl parade.

ben  

also, a shot of me with the len dibben twinny…left the water [lancelin back beach] after two sharks wouldn’t go away…thought it was better that I did. My mate kim was the only other person around that day [he took the photo]

Waxfoot. only 23 boards so far and I think 15 of those were shaped this year. I love to shape and wish I could do more…

Ben, I sold that board for a fair price to a collector in Hawaii. it was cool looking but I didn’t care for the ride… looking back I wish I had not sold it… yes it had the fin too

photos…

Hey Ben, are they Chicago trucks on the first piccie?

Hicksy

No, first name’s Grant, I went to Holsworthy Primary, Trinity Grammar and Randwick Boys High School.

Yeah probably as mad as Robert (no relation) and still crazy…

Hicksy

I think they were ‘X-caliber’ from memory… chicagos were the more deluxe, out of my price range version ! [some things never change…]

my 70s skate heroes …jay and tony…

How blessed we are to have oceans in this world, and to be able to surf in them.

May we never take it for granted…waves are BEAUTIFUL things, whether three inches or thirty plus feet…AMAZING creations !!

Thats a killer photo. The essence of cool.

water photog influences from the mags over the years…

american, hawaiian…

stoner, greenough, bolster, merkel, wilkings, chang , king , hornbaker, **david pu’u **

australian…

peter crawford [R.I.P.] , john ware, twiggy [R.I.P.] , holtzmann, bauer, channon, and last but not least, my brother, Simon Chipper, who still busts out a nikonos for the occassional shot, 25 + years after his stint at ‘Tracks’…

here’s one of mine , from last spring…george’s influence [took this from a mat *]…

• " mat" …

** my favourite Pu’u shot so far… [ egads… have to be careful how you say that, I just realised !! ]