Share the stoke ! [photos]

Here’s the weekends surf here that myself and swifty scored. Air temp a balmy 3 degrees.

Cheers KS.

Nice Shot Kite!

Wow how to penetrate under that right and make it out back. great break!

Hey Josh,

Yea that right looks like a speed-line. Thanks for posting.

Here’s a pic that gets me stoked and brings back old memories from Eastern Indo. Karl from Byron shot photos of everyone then gave em to us on disk. Great guy who was known as Blue Jackal. He’s a ripping surfer as well as photog.

I eventually got the axe on this one.

Rob

Thanks northwestgrom but Kitesurfer took that photo. its a great shop Chris!

Quote:

Hey Josh,

Yea that right looks like a speed-line. Thanks for posting.

Here’s a pic that gets me stoked and brings back old memories from Eastern Indo. Karl from Byron shot photos of everyone then gave em to us on disk. Great guy who was known as Blue Jackal. He’s a ripping surfer as well as photog.

I eventually got the axe on this one.

Rob

does Karl go to Indo regularly ?

my brother borrowed a guy from Byron’s digital and water housing to take some of the shots in that thread I posted a while ago [‘surf travel photos’, from memory]

…it may well be the same guy , seeing as Simon and Eli were over there for four months again .

…it sounds like you have spent time in Oz too, eh , mate ?

cheers !

ben

Yea, I think he spends a bunch of time over there.

He told me he was in Fiji and some guy dropped a $1000 US bill and said he needed surf pics for his week vacation. Typical.

It’s a good idea though. Karl did well and gave away a lot of shots to a lot of people. He would surf before it got crowded, then when the place was a frenzy he would work the channel and make his Bintang money.

He carried his lap-top, mini printer, camera and housing to the middle of nowhere.

WA: I spent a summer working at the SeaGardens Cafe in Prev. Stayed with the Heussenstam family. For your summer, there was quite a bit of surf. There were some really fun waves down there. I did a little bodysurfing around Perth, but the waves were pretty small when I was in town. Great City though. I would move in a heartbeat.

Here’s a shot from Lakey. Kind of a medium day…super fun. Photo: Karl.

nwg ,

what months were you there ?

ben

it’s definately the same guy you were talking about !

and , “ruds” [who used to post here] …he works as a chef at prevally …english guy …wayne …do you know him ? [I think he has been there for YEARS ! He lived near grunters , from memory …ring a bell ?]

I was there from early Dec '99 - smoetime in March 00.

Spent the New year at a fire on Redgate beach after my Kombi broke down there. Go Figure.

Don’t remember Wayne. The only names that come to mind were the owners Paul and Claire. I wonder if they still own the place.

I waited tables one night after surfing southside Mainbreak…super low tide, straightening out on a close-out and sitting down on the reef in about a foot of water. I had black leg (huge contusion) and cuts all over my face/neck/body. The Seagardens staff was ever so understanding and helped me ease my pain with some post-work cocktails.

Top-notch place.

Oh Gas Bay!

How is the development around that place? When I was there it was just one condo that had gone up.

~Rob

(plenty of rich yuppies from perth have built there .)

re: redgate …I hope to launch the “Auslocks” board there soon !

re: digital camera guy …is this guy on the right the guy from Byron Bay, I wonder ? [the guy on the left is Simon , my brother]

cheers !

ben

Sorry Ben, I missed the photo???

hi nwgrom !

I’ll try pming it to you …for some reason it’s not loading onto the forum again ??

hang on a few mo’s …

cheers mate !

ben

Stoked abouth my latest fish!

Cheers KS

.....go on , SHARE your STOKE  [photos] ,  guys !

cheers !

ben