Share the stoke ! [photos]

“speedy” , if you are watching this, that wild airbrush is the Norval Watson spray I mentioned my brother had on one of his boards. Some Erle Pedersen jet bottoms here also …

"chip"

gone crazy with Orange.

Ben.

Quote:

gone crazy with Orange.

Ben.

That must be a ‘ben’ thing …two of mine are orange also !!

Still, it beats going crazy with a chainsaw, as Neville’s artwork fairly graphically depicts on Simon’s board…

[ “shark cammo guy” , eat your heart out !!!]

ben2 

old board, old wetsuit…

morning star 7’2 " dumper special with winged keel. 3 year old holey edition wetty

grovelling…

remember Dave Macaulay ?

World no. 3 at one stage back in the 80’s on the pro tour…

Well, this is his younger brother Greg [‘noddy’] Macaulay, also a good surfer and shaper…

…“Deathfrog”, this is another one of these scary 30 + year old guys, I’m afraid !

(A bit of proof that there IS surfing after 20 !!)

"I'm 43 , and not dead yet" chip

not unlike the T.V. series, where Noddy had a sidekick [‘big ears’], so THIS ‘Noddy’ also has a sidekick … ‘big Daz’ !!

this is him …

new england.

Lonely line-up…

wow ! thanks, guys !!

must be tough having these lineups all to yourselves eh ?

…need anyone to surf with ?

next …

Quote:

wow ! thanks, guys !!

must be tough having these lineups all to yourselves eh ?

The picture I’m using for my profile picture is a shot a friend took of me surfing a spot called Bingin on the island of Bali in May of 1983. Yeah it is a cheap camera and taken far away but it’s the overall view and memory that I like and is one of my favorites of myself surfing because of the feelings I get from it. I am in the pocket there if you look closely and the only other human in the picture is a Balinese fisherman near the whitewater. I surfed this day for the last two hours all alone on a 6’8" single fin board I made myself. This was my first of six great trips/seasons to Indo for a total of just over 15 months of surfing there during the 80s. My last trip being in 1991.

Glenn, that is a beautiful picture ! thanks for posting that !

…" big Daz" again, this time, forehand reos…

1. thruster [his]

2. on my $5aus single fin [dumper special]…his 2nd wave on his first ever surf on a single fin…

the board in question …

"chip"

my nephew’s quiver, from about three years ago…

got to store 'em somewhere…

brother Simon’s snapped board fixing jig …

[ I hope this shows in readable form ]

the diagram my brother sent me of how the ‘snap fixer jig’ works : -