SHOW YOUR COLOR!! - tints, swirls, paint, art, lams, let's see what you got

Sammy, that laminate is killer.

Love that 70’s vibe!

hey shuska that one looks very familiar to me…

Resin stain and pencil pattern on foam…

fabric inlay deck   pigment bottom 

I keep thinking ill make a clear board   but it never happens.

Pic is after sanding the hotcoat,  I then did an almost straght pin line but didnt  leave it long enough before sealing and it ran  so its been sanded off   to try again ;/

Yeaaahaaa Pico - Funny thing is, your work and GRVIN’s were both what I looked to for inspiration in trying my first petina - he actually works out of the same shop as me here on Maui and did a couple similar recently (posted previously in the thread). The guy wanted a tarnished copper look, so I did the lam in emerald green and the sanding coat in orange to get the effect. I’ve always loved the look of the crossed patches - it’s perfect for these. I hadn’t seen your fish though, ha. Looks like I ended up doing the inverse of it - I love the blue/green you used for your sanding coat - it looks way more like tarnish than my emerald green. - I ended up wandering my laps a little too just due to poor razor control, wish mine looked as crisp as yours

Thanks for being such an awesome inspiration - I owe everything I’ve learned and tried to the folks on here

Tommorth I do the same thing. I made one clear board once - it was a cutdown of a 7’6" and the first board I ever shaped in my garage.

Since then the closest I’ve come was a clear deck with a pigmented bottom. 

And then came this…

I finally did end up doing a white board recently… but I also used white pigment - I seem to have an addiction

We chould change the name of this thread to “Pigment Addicts Anonymous”

Simple spray with grey squeegee pull.

Finally started glassing the 4’6" wakesurfer for my brother - he’s a huge USC fan so the whole board is gamecocks themed. I had originally planned on doing an inverted patina (black tail lam/garnett sanding coat on tail and garnett lam/black sanding coat on nose) leaving the white solid white to give it a cool look, but my cuts came out so nice and the color is so even and rich I may just leave it solid. - this is also my first time doing different color patches, so I’m pretty stoked how clean it looks. 

Question: Do you guys reccomend a single clear patch over the whole area I did the cuts to separate the colors to bond everything together, or can I get my strength back by just patching over the seams only with a little 4oz tape?

Or is it not necessary to do anything and can I just hotcoat? Like I said, never done patches… but logic tells me having three separate pieces of glass that aren’t connected isn’t ideal…

So now the question: Pinlines and solid color panels or patina?

Color has made a bit of a comeback, suits me just fine, I like colored surfboards!

See ya in the water, Byron

that looks so  clean nocean. love it !

What’s up Byron?

Long time no see.

Where ya building boards these days?

Like the colors.

Barry

Barry… I’m right around the corner from you at Global renting MB’s old room and doing some old school stuff like Dane Reynolds 6 channel glass on team boards for CI. Looking for more work though: shaping, laminating, fins, hot coating, or sanding!

See ya in the water, Byron

I recently dug these up to share on Barry’s thread on the erbb, adding them here too

Your art is just too cool!

All of it. Really just dig the shadow on the gecko!

BTW, shaping wise keep on keeping on! (GG is not bad company)

Few more recently.

sparkleys …

a pair of double foiled back quad semi canards …

photo dc0b2de3-b129-4f9e-a708-6ecfe6cefe70_zps7f0de0ef.jpg

Red resin tint with old school light blue opaque

I like that shape Tjrm!

The outline is speaking to me

This thread is Lookin good.

How are there white surfboards? Haha

Here is one I just finished for myself. Nice and heavy log.

Double lace inlay on the deck with “graffiti” in a double pinline.

5’4 x 18 1/2 x 2 1/4 PUPE US Blanks Red 6’0P Single concave out the tail. Single 6oz E glass deck w/ foot patches, single 4oz S glass bottom. Post lam 9° FCS Fusions. White air spray on the deck foam. Free lapped pigment slop. Ricepaper logos