SHOW YOUR COLOR!! - tints, swirls, paint, art, lams, let's see what you got

Just finished laminated this 5"6 x 20 1/2 x 2 1/2 this morning…

All resin tints (played with opaque pigments quite a bit but first time with tints), will post an update when finished, so far I like how deep the colors are and how they mix together, still have a lot to learn to better control the end result tho.

Everything I learned, I learned it here, a lot from looking over and over at Vader’s work, sad he is not posting here anymore…

My first time doing a fabric lam, for the sake of learning and to hide a pile of gray DAP spackle. 100% cotton in the neighborhood of 3.5 oz/yard + RR Kwik Kick over glass. Cutlap with 3M 233+ tape trimmed with a bent razor.  Weights:100g cloth,  200g mixed resin. I did a bubble check and pop early enough to re-adhere the mistakes back to the board. Next time I will pre-wash the cloth before cutting it (shrank 4-5" over 6’) , wet out the lap more past the tape, let the laps get firmer before trimming, and start with a fresh razor. -J

LOVE this - reminds me of an old Robert August board

Before gloss

wow saltyjohn that is impressive handiwork, really cool!

A swirl
And a spray (not glassed)

Just finished sanding these two today and managed to get them in the water with my buddy who I made the egg for. They’re both rippers. 7’6" egg and 6’0" bat. The batboard is a tribute to Hunter S. Thompson/Ralph Steadman. They absolutely rip - very stoked. 

Newest one - just started sanding today. 9’0 Longboard with blue/green/yellow epoxy swirl in the lam. 

I finished a wallhanger the other day, I’m really enjoying using tints. Tried to make a purple that was much darker on the rails and really light on the belly. I was told I squeegeed my cloth too much (which I believe is true, for some reason I thought it a good idea to get as much resin out of the lam as I could with this one) so the weave is showing on the stringer pretty good. Oh well, learn from the mistake and move on. 

I think I used too hard a pencil too, as I signed the deck foam, but have air bubbles in the signature? I used a very sharp engineers pencil with pretty hard lead, and went pretty deep :frowning: Next time I’ll use a soft pencil that actually leaves lead, and stay shallow. Anyways, it’s still pretty colorful! Pinstriping with 1-shot paint over the sanded hot coat and under the gloss coat, as long as I give it a few days to dry I’m not finding any problems with lifting or wrinkling.

Big boy board…

Very nice. Looks like you still have the touch. 

hope things are good on your side…my best !

you have a nudist beach on the other side of that wall, herb ? 

:slight_smile:

lol…thanks chip ,i gotta good laugh out of that comment !

they all look like this…

Did someone say colors?

Colored.

Some recent stuff.

Barry - those look amazing! 

Hope to see you at the boardroom.

Tried to post it earlier but didn’t work, trying again :slight_smile:

Black-tinted gloss: