Snapped longboard... re-shape to "mini Simmons"

Hi crew !

Long time between visits !

Hope you have all been well ?

Merry Christmas to you all !!

Briefly…

We rescued 6’ of a snapped 9’2 last week from our new local.

Nice clean snap , too :slight_smile:

As I have been out of the water for a little while ( injuries) , I’m going with 6’ x 22 x 2 3/4 … pretty much the whole of the board.

Here are a few shots of it, so far…

Cheers !

Ben

Graffiti removed…

Pull in tail , maybe leave nose as is ? ( modify the nose template , to use for the mid to tail pod curve…)

At this stage , I’m thinking a 15- 17" tail (‘maybe’) , with a maximum 10" tail pod . In reality , it’s more likely to be less than ten inches, ’ tip to tip " ( ‘pod’)… ( I DO want to be able to turn , too !! )

…fins…

Options !

SO many options !!

:slight_smile:

Welcome back, Ben!

Thank you, Mike !

Have you made (m)any mini sims , mate ?

You know me…I have 360 FCS homemade fins to play with , so…

? maybe this one will become my new millenium " prawn " , or " bushfire fish " , or … the " orange stub " replacement / substitute .

Well , Mike , I hope that you have been well , ? injury- free ? , and …SURFING , heaps !!

Cheers Mike !

Ben Chipper , Sydney’s Northern Beaches :slight_smile:

Hey Ben. Mostly weekend warrior these days and no mini simms lately. I do have a board a friend tried to shape and i, thinking reshape into mini simms. If nothing else I’ll harvest the quad fins on it! Pretty healthy. the normal middle aged aches and pains from old surgeries and injuries. Staying fit with hill walking, hiking, push ups, crunches, and wine tasting when not surfing. Hah! Mike

You’re going to have fun on that. Make it a quad!

looks good Ben, going twin or quad?

Sorry to hear about injury

Thanks for the replies guys!

Maybe the five fin option , Huck , like on my prawn and bushfire fish boards …

What about a close set dual single?

Hi Tom !

Thanks for the offer, but I like being able to do single , twin , thruster , two plus one , one plus four , four plus one , five fins…

Cheers !

Ben

Haha I was thinking in addition to the other boxes. Hopefully I’ll get these set tomorrow.

Where are you based? laguna bay long boards is that sunshine coast qld, looks like a rad project, very jealous.

Not sure which Laguna , sk8ment !

Here is an update…

Just template muckarounds at this stage, still…

Cheers !

Ben

…so , as you can see from the above…

It ‘could’ end up a diamond tail , a (slightly pulled in ) 'fish(y type) tail , or a fairly ‘curvy’ " stubby " !!

It WILL be a chipper stripper and reshape , is about all I know for sure , at THIS stage !!

Cheers !

Ben :slight_smile:

It MAY well end up as it IS ??

At the urging of one George here…

Perhaps I will glass on some wood semi keels. Then , if I don’t like that , I can always strip it and make a stubby single fin / "widowmaker " setup
…or a multi fin option fish…

A mate “snapped a bit " of his 7’6” "funboard " , and offered it to me , fins and all (!) , so THAT may end up the “strip and reshape” board, instead ? .

…wait and see what the damage is first, I guess, eh !!

Cheers !

Ben :slight_smile:

Hi Ben hope you are doing better. I know it is more expensive, but it would be nice to place boxes for different layouts. With that wide of a tail, the possibilities are numerous. From a single, all the way to a quad or B. Thrailkill’s double singles or even the small trailers on rail as he has spoken of. The beauty of shaping, this could end up anywhere. All the Best Ben, Tim B.

Thanks Tim !!

…to be continued …

:slight_smile:

Ben are you planning on stripping the blank and reshaping or just reshaping the tail?
You need supplies like some glass, fin boxes? I can send you a long center box and a couple FCS Fusion boxes. I’m out of Proboxes right now. Maybe see what Bernie has. The last time I searched his stash, he had just about every kind of box. I might have a couple of older FCS plugs, but I don’t know. I gotta do some cleaning and see what I have hiding.
Only thing I can’t send is resin. PM me if you’re interested.

Yes please , Harry !!

I just was thinking that very thing this morning , and revisited this thread 5 minutes ago. Meant to be , I’d say , eh ?! :wink:

Thanks very much , mate !!

If you see Bernie , WOULD you mind asking if he has proboxes ??

Yep , I would LOVE a single fin box (?8" or so ?) , as I’d like to do a minimum of a single with widowmaker side bites !!

Thanks SOOO much , Harry !

You and Bernie are GREAT guys !!

Cheers

Ben

I will message you our postal address…