SPAM RELATED: Some new blood...

I think you’re seeing the results of the new team members, thnx guys! And thnx tblank for stepping up and joining the moderator team!

This spam issue is much greater than anticipated. I've been going on and off all day deleting. As soon as I get right back on, there are a number of others already posted. I followed WideAwake's suggestion and go to the People Page and there are a list of them. Most generate from a g-mail account address. Foreign names with having joined within the past couple of hours or, no names at all simply letters strung together. they have boxes next to them. Check all boxes that need cancelling. Click on "choose an operation". Click "cancel account". All names checked will come up and the page asks to confirm. Click on that and the whole list is gone in foul swoop. It is fairly obvious who is who. Any in question, I look for a surf related word or address. Don't want to click on the wrong folks wishing to join I'll wait until I see their page in Discussion to verify.

tBlank, What is “the people page” starting point you talk about and how do I get there for the list. Your way sounds very efficient.

Charlie, I will send you a link via PM-J

BB30, I’m new to this. All I know is you have to be logged in to access the People page. I think Huck forwarded it to me and I put in in my favorites list for quick easy use. To be honest I don’t know how to get there either. Hopefully, JRandy will clear things up. WiodeAwake is the one to clue me into this process so, thanks W.A.

Hey spammers…

Well done lads

Let me get a bit more practice deleting then send me the link, too,please. Mike

TBlank, Huck. and Rooster, are my new HEROS.

I do it for money, fame, and glory. Mike

All props to Wideawake for bustin’ the code and explaining it simplifying the process. So far, so good.

Newest moderating team member MiWie, welcome!

Great work everyone, and I know what laborious crap it is dealing with spam apps on forums, but maybe a bit more care is needed as I just disappeared along with all my posts and much worse than that, all the useful replies I had from many great people on here with advice I will never see again :(.

Hey wideawake these soccer spammers are probably all Westham supporters : )

Arsenal would be my vote :wink:

Gbzausa - hahahahaha that just made my day!!! Hahahah

Come on you irons!

These spammers are ridiculous, I deleted one and four minutes later he was back with a new account and posting again. I’m personally at the giving up point. I think mike paler should spend a little of his advertising revenue on reprogramming the user screening function. Either that or we should get paid for keeping this site alive. I cannot tell you how many hours I have wasted dealing with spammers, and I think it is absurd to have them able to rejoin and repost in less than five minutes!

amen!