Surfboard pricing? Advice needed.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I am looking at purchasing a… T&C surfboard. I’m not positive on the model name/number so here are the specs… 9’ x 22" x 2 3/4 A green shamrock appears above the fins followed by Casey’s signature. It’s dated 1997, Sunset Beach Hawaii. The surfboard in question closely resembles shaper Greg Griffin’s " 9’ Speed" (pictured on his page at the T&C site). The board is perfect condition (not a ding). My question is… How much money/US does this board go for? Does anyone have a ballpark figure? Any info on this would help me greatly, I don’t want to get taken for a ride and pay too much. Is there a site that list this kind of info? Thanks, J.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.>>> I am looking at purchasing a… Ah yes grasshopper, Confusedfish say, “One who can not see a bargain, certainly can not ride a bargain”. T&C surfboard. I’m not positive on the model name/number so here are > the specs…>>> 9’ x 22" x 2 3/4 A green shamrock appears above the fins followed by > Casey’s signature. It’s dated 1997, Sunset Beach Hawaii.>>> The surfboard in question closely resembles shaper Greg Griffin’s " > 9’ Speed" (pictured on his page at the T&C site).>>> The board is perfect condition (not a ding).>>> My question is…>>> How much money/US does this board go for? Does anyone have a ballpark > figure?>>> Any info on this would help me greatly, I don’t want to get taken for a > ride and pay too much. Is there a site that list this kind of info?>>> Thanks, J.

Confusedfish say, “One who must get best price on board deal, may never become one with the wave”.

“One who pays $1000 for a 5’11” fish is a fool"

“One who pays $1000 for a 5’11” fish is a fool" You are a Confused Fish. Where do you think that you get off deciding what the value of something in this world is worth?! You sure your not really Mr. Righteous Fish? Or maybe Mr. Bitchen Fish? Good Luck!

“when demand exists, a supplier will appear”>>> “One who pays $1000 for a 5’11” fish is a fool"

“One who pays $1000 for a 5’11” fish is a fool" Pardon me Mr. Confusedfish. It’s Mr. Consumer Report, that thinks he’s Gods gift to the pricing index of 5’11" Fish. 1000 pardons

Pardon me Mr. Confusedfish. It’s Mr. Consumer Report, that thinks he’s > Gods gift to the pricing index of 5’11" Fish. 1000 pardons Excuse me, but I just have to throw this bit of info into the mix… The custom surfmats that I build are frequently referred to as “magic” by many of my customers who are experienced watermen/surfers, individuals who are the first to call B.S. on ANYTHING that doesnt perform as promised, and also feature high end craftsmanship. In fact, hardcore surfers who live outside of the U.S. are regularly paying over $600.00 EACH for what Im able to create specifically for their high performance surfing needs… and in the past, Ive sold them in the U.S. for over $450.00 each. My point is, the rewards should be there for those who can legitimately satisfy the demand for the best quality and performance. Be thankful that Magic Man isnt asking MORE for his surfboards! In these days of impersonal, mass-produced plastic trash, what truly custom, high end products represent (as well as their creators), and for what youre receiving, theyre actually worth far more. Dale

Hmmm, so no one has an idea on the value of this board? That’s cool, just thought I would ask. I really didn’t know where else to turn. None the less, the seller wants $350/US for the board. Im willing to give him $300.00. We will see how it goes. Thanks for atleast reading this post. See-ya, J.

Hmmm, so no one has an idea on the value of this board?>>> That’s cool, just thought I would ask. I really didn’t know where else to > turn.>>> None the less, the seller wants $350/US for the board. Im willing to give > him $300.00. We will see how it goes.>>> Thanks for atleast reading this post.>>> See-ya, J. For Christ sake, pay the $350.00 and move on with things.

“Confusedfish” say, “Offer the seller $301 and a goat to better your chances”.>>> Hmmm, so no one has an idea on the value of this board?>>> That’s cool, just thought I would ask. I really didn’t know where else to > turn.>>> None the less, the seller wants $350/US for the board. Im willing to give > him $300.00. We will see how it goes.>>> Thanks for atleast reading this post.>>> See-ya, J.

Hmmm, so no one has an idea on the value of this board?>>> That’s cool, just thought I would ask. I really didn’t know where else to > turn.>>> None the less, the seller wants $350/US for the board. Im willing to give > him $300.00. We will see how it goes.>>> Thanks for atleast reading this post.>>> See-ya, J…A name brand stick in like new condition is worth $350, I think anyway. If I had the money to spare for one of Steves fish, I’d be pounding on his door right now!

Thanks, Scott. That’s the info I was after.

Excuse me, but I just have to throw this bit of info into the mix…>>> The custom surfmats that I build are frequently referred to as > “magic” by many of my customers who are experienced > watermen/surfers, individuals who are the first to call B.S. on ANYTHING > that doesnt perform as promised, and also feature high end craftsmanship. > In fact, hardcore surfers who live outside of the U.S. are regularly > paying over $600.00 EACH for what Im able to create specifically for > their high performance surfing needs… and in the past, Ive sold them in > the U.S. for over $450.00 each.>>> My point is, the rewards should be there for those who can legitimately > satisfy the demand for the best quality and performance. Be thankful that > Magic Man isnt asking MORE for his surfboards! In these days of > impersonal, mass-produced plastic trash, what truly custom, high end > products represent (as well as their creators), and for what youre > receiving, theyre actually worth far more.>>> Dale Thanks for the kind words gentlemen! I never forget …

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen! I never forget … Magic Man, The individuals who make such rare and elegant, performance-oriented custom items should be suitably compensated. For example, what would the condition of music, art or filmmaking be if their finest artisans were to one day disappear? To those who put a high value on such things, surfboards and their creators are no different, less complex or significant. Dale

“One who pays $1000 for a 5’11” fish is a fool" Getting my Brom to Holland was even more expensive, but worth every damn nickel. It’s obvious you never surfed one. Peter Rijk.

that’s what economists mean by ‘demand’, with a capital D in this case!>>> Getting my Brom to Holland was even more expensive, but worth every damn > nickel. It’s obvious you never surfed one.>>> Peter Rijk.

Hmmm, so no one has an idea on the value of this board?>>> That’s cool, just thought I would ask. I really didn’t know where else to > turn.>>> None the less, the seller wants $350/US for the board. Im willing to give > him $300.00. We will see how it goes.>>> Thanks for atleast reading this post.>>> See-ya, J. J, Ramon makes a good point on the laws of supply and demand. Your purchase price must make you feel good about the purchase or the board will never feel right. A basic negotiation technique that is quite effective requires that you identify for yourself your desired purchase price, an anchor (starting point for your negotiation) and approximately three planned concession amounts (that get progressively smaller as you approach your desired purchase price). You must also identify what is the amount that will cause you to walk away. If you play this well you may find that your purchase price may be below what you intended to pay for this stick. My 25 centavos… Magoo P.S. Been out of town and landlocked for about a month. First day back and it is SMALL. Hey Ramon, I’ll be in Miami around May 1st. How is the scene at South Beach around that time?

J,>>> Ramon makes a good point on the laws of supply and demand. Your purchase > price must make you feel good about the purchase or the board will never > feel right.>>> A basic negotiation technique that is quite effective requires that you > identify for yourself your desired purchase price, an anchor (starting > point for your negotiation) and approximately three planned concession > amounts (that get progressively smaller as you approach your desired > purchase price). You must also identify what is the amount that will cause > you to walk away. If you play this well you may find that your purchase > price may be below what you intended to pay for this stick.>>> My 25 centavos… Sounds like Lawyer’s talk…>>> Magoo>>> P.S. Been out of town and landlocked for about a month. First day back and > it is SMALL. Hey Ramon, I’ll be in Miami around May 1st. How is the scene > at South Beach around that time?

Magoo, mi hermano…South Beach is a fun scene day and night…it’s all exposed pecs,boobs’n buns and let’s party! at night, add a little undercurrent of ‘sodom and gomohrra meets noah’s ark’ (since just about any kind of deviant can find a suitable match there). May is the official start of the doldrums as far as the possibility of a decent swell goes… it’s usually too late, although it can always blow hard enough from the SE to provide some grade-b entertainment. let me know when you get close, i’ll take you out there and point out the chinese bookie drag-queens in the water so they won’t mess with you[wink] keep me posted!>>>I’ll be in Miami around May 1st. How is the scene > at South Beach around that time?