Swayloholic East meeting

A Swayloholic East meeting should happen for those of us not fortunate enough to live in Calif. Meeting site suggestions: Hatteras (post-ESA event),Cape Cod/Rhode Island (late September), Rincon, PR (February). All for obvious reasons. We can even invite Greg Loehr since Arizona is east of Surf City, USA. -Rob Olliges

Yes. Tossing around ideas… OBX or, in the North East, RI (maybe an island nearby…?) could be great. Others… Montauk, Manasquan or Sandy Hook? - they all have their moments. I’ve been to the camp-grounds in OBX and there are campgrounds in Montauk too. or, Fla for Thanksgiving… Ft. Pierce inlet, Stuart rocks, Jupiter Pier … because they are nearby where I’ll be at the time. (if you do that you might get Brucker!) Eric J. PS: I’ve never felt it was a misfortune not to live in CA. (that is except for maybe missing the opportunity to partake in the swayloholics meeting …!)

Yes. Tossing around ideas… OBX or, in the North East, RI (maybe an island nearby…?) could be great. Others… Montauk, Manasquan or Sandy Hook? - they all have their moments. I’ve been to the camp-grounds in OBX and there are campgrounds in Montauk too. or, Fla for Thanksgiving… Ft. Pierce inlet, Stuart rocks, Jupiter Pier … because they are nearby where I’ll be at the time. (if you do that you might get Brucker!) Eric J. PS: I’ve never felt it was a misfortune not to live in CA. (that is except for maybe missing the opportunity to partake in the swayloholics meeting …!)

The national campground at Frisco, OBX, is really nice and centrally located on the coast. Frank

The national campground at Frisco, OBX, is really nice and centrally located on the coast. Frank

my $.02: Rhodie Please!

my $.02: Rhodie Please!

The Mantoloking Pipeline. Bring your beach badge.

The Mantoloking Pipeline. Bring your beach badge.

The Cape (Cod) has some private campgrounds right off the beach that are reasonable and available in early fall. The surf is generally good that time of year and the lineup is nearly empty. I would assume OBX is the same. RI can be a zoo when the waves are good, but it’s a fun place with a great vibe.

The Cape (Cod) has some private campgrounds right off the beach that are reasonable and available in early fall. The surf is generally good that time of year and the lineup is nearly empty. I would assume OBX is the same. RI can be a zoo when the waves are good, but it’s a fun place with a great vibe.

Much as I’d like Montauk - living in the area - it too is an absolute zoo if there’s any kind of swell . A location somewhat centrally located so more people could drive to the site would be the trick and if it’s a bit south - NC? SC? - the water would be warmer later in the year! Pete

Much as I’d like Montauk - living in the area - it too is an absolute zoo if there’s any kind of swell . A location somewhat centrally located so more people could drive to the site would be the trick and if it’s a bit south - NC? SC? - the water would be warmer later in the year! Pete

I say the OBX would be a great place to have it.

I say the OBX would be a great place to have it.

Outer Banks in early October. Lots of waves and great fishing for the BBQ.

Outer Banks in early October. Lots of waves and great fishing for the BBQ.

I first posted the idea of swaylocks East about two weeks ago and got no response. Last night I made the suggestion again, and Iam pleasntly surprised with all of the responses. My main concern with the get together in Ca. is that Iam a teacher and the timing, early Sept, wouldn’t work out for me. Iam still willing to organize something for next year, but it would have to be in July, Aug. or close to NJ for me to make it happen. Lots of good breaks around here in the fall and the water stays warm into Oct./Nov. Keep me posted or E-mail me.

I first posted the idea of swaylocks East about two weeks ago and got no response. Last night I made the suggestion again, and Iam pleasntly surprised with all of the responses. My main concern with the get together in Ca. is that Iam a teacher and the timing, early Sept, wouldn’t work out for me. Iam still willing to organize something for next year, but it would have to be in July, Aug. or close to NJ for me to make it happen. Lots of good breaks around here in the fall and the water stays warm into Oct./Nov. Keep me posted or E-mail me.

Outer banks please…I live in FL so that would be about center for all east siders!! Plus …I don’t think there would be a better place than the outer banks.Never been to RI though…peace and waves…