Swayloholic East meeting

Outer banks please…I live in FL so that would be about center for all east siders!! Plus …I don’t think there would be a better place than the outer banks.Never been to RI though…peace and waves…

hey chris…im going to be in cape cod early oct…any good surf spots there??? any good surf there??? email me at any info would help. thanks man!!!

hey chris…im going to be in cape cod early oct…any good surf spots there??? any good surf there??? email me at any info would help. thanks man!!!

Rhode Island sounds good to me.Outer Banks more centrally located though.Jacksonville Fla. is good,we could invade Clay Bennett’s factory for a week. R. B.

Rhode Island sounds good to me.Outer Banks more centrally located though.Jacksonville Fla. is good,we could invade Clay Bennett’s factory for a week. R. B.

Would love to visit Rhode Island again but OBX makes the most sense. Spent last week their and was lusciously happy. Lots of campgrounds (especially around Rodanthe), few people, lots of campfires, and always some nice waves.

Would love to visit Rhode Island again but OBX makes the most sense. Spent last week their and was lusciously happy. Lots of campgrounds (especially around Rodanthe), few people, lots of campfires, and always some nice waves.

…Remember when you use to laugh at M-TV? …I remember people laughing at Sways too!..not anymore,NOW these skeptics watch this sight closely! …I also remember a topic some years ago about a Swaylocks convention,that was laughed at as well…WELL,not anymore. …Wait,the best is yet to come! …M.P. Did you here a voice one day that said,“build it,and they will come”. …Some how magically, one day a few years ago,this same saying was sprayed on my black plastic drop wall in my shop.I was only gone for a few minutes to answer my wife and when I came back there it was…believe it or not. No one has owned up to it to this day and when I first discovered it,it was bone dry and dusty…7 years later to this incident my Clark foam t-shirt(donated to me by Brad at Foam EZ) that was less than a week old disappeared under the same circumstances.I really cherished that shirt as I thought I would never get one EVER.Guess someone needed more that me.Herb

…Remember when you use to laugh at M-TV? …I remember people laughing at Sways too!..not anymore,NOW these skeptics watch this sight closely! …I also remember a topic some years ago about a Swaylocks convention,that was laughed at as well…WELL,not anymore. …Wait,the best is yet to come! …M.P. Did you here a voice one day that said,“build it,and they will come”. …Some how magically, one day a few years ago,this same saying was sprayed on my black plastic drop wall in my shop.I was only gone for a few minutes to answer my wife and when I came back there it was…believe it or not. No one has owned up to it to this day and when I first discovered it,it was bone dry and dusty…7 years later to this incident my Clark foam t-shirt(donated to me by Brad at Foam EZ) that was less than a week old disappeared under the same circumstances.I really cherished that shirt as I thought I would never get one EVER.Guess someone needed more that me.Herb

The Outer Banks/Buxton area does make a lot of sense. Centrally located, waves, campgrounds, blanks available from WRV factory (North), Fox Watersports carries Greg Loehr’s epoxy; are experts with epoxy, vacuum bagging, etc. ; and are located in Buxton. I forget when mosquito season ends. Rob Olliges http://www.foxwatersports.com/

The Outer Banks/Buxton area does make a lot of sense. Centrally located, waves, campgrounds, blanks available from WRV factory (North), Fox Watersports carries Greg Loehr’s epoxy; are experts with epoxy, vacuum bagging, etc. ; and are located in Buxton. I forget when mosquito season ends. Rob Olliges http://www.foxwatersports.com/

This is awesome! Outer Banks sounds like a classic choice to me. Plus, I’ve never been there. Who ever wants to spearhead this thing should contact John Mellor to get some ideas and hints as to how to bring it together. S.

This is awesome! Outer Banks sounds like a classic choice to me. Plus, I’ve never been there. Who ever wants to spearhead this thing should contact John Mellor to get some ideas and hints as to how to bring it together. S.

Somebody just do it and we will come! Swayloholic’s Anonymous 2004? OBX? Heck yeah!!

Somebody just do it and we will come! Swayloholic’s Anonymous 2004? OBX? Heck yeah!!

Swaylock, Word on the grapevine has it that you may be in the Wainscott/Sagaponac area…keep an eye out for my red pick-up with wood racks if you’re around - would be great to meet you in person and thank you for all your good works here. As for an East Coast Swaylaholics, the Outer Banks really would be the best to get the most people to. Sorry Cleanlines, the last time I made the run to Fla. by car for a weekend from N.Y. was in '69 on a three day weekend from high school so we could get some warm waves…young/stupid/with “help”…these days it would be tough. Due to regular crowds, should plan between Easter and Memorial day or around Columbus weekend '04. Planning needs some time - I would be willing to work with anyone who’s up for sharing the load to give it a shot. Pete

Swaylock, Word on the grapevine has it that you may be in the Wainscott/Sagaponac area…keep an eye out for my red pick-up with wood racks if you’re around - would be great to meet you in person and thank you for all your good works here. As for an East Coast Swaylaholics, the Outer Banks really would be the best to get the most people to. Sorry Cleanlines, the last time I made the run to Fla. by car for a weekend from N.Y. was in '69 on a three day weekend from high school so we could get some warm waves…young/stupid/with “help”…these days it would be tough. Due to regular crowds, should plan between Easter and Memorial day or around Columbus weekend '04. Planning needs some time - I would be willing to work with anyone who’s up for sharing the load to give it a shot. Pete

Just Not In NY

Just Not In NY

I’ve done some poking around on this. Cape Woods Campground seems to be the best in the area and is open year-round. A similar campground, Frisco Woods, holds a big windsurfing “Windfest” every April. (Frisco Woods has Sound water access). Camp owners are probably receptive to the idea. Hopefully someone local who helps to organize that also surfs/shapes. Usually one one hurricane a season comes close to Hatteras. Frisco produces nice clean waves during a blown-out north swell. Man, haven’t been down there for 15 years. Stoked just thinking about it. Rob Olliges http://www.capewoods.com/