Swayloholic East meeting

Fall is a good time to go to OBX, good fishing, nice weather and the possiblility of good waves. Also a strong possiblility we will have to be evacatuated due to a hurricane, it happens. I’ve been going to OBX since the late 70’s and there is no finer place to camp than at the National Campground in Frisco. It is on the beach, have had good waves right there, close to both Frisco pier and the lighthouse. All the campsites are set in the dunes and you can see the lighthouse beacon at night. Only drawback is that there are only cold showers. So buy a solar shower and you are good. Just my opinion. Frank

Frank - The national campgrounds in Frisco and Hatteras are good but, they tend to shut down in early Oct. If people are willing to wait till next fall - or spring (colder water) we all will also have the luxury of checking in with the crew doing the meet in CA. and finding out what worked and what didn’t… Any Swayloholics up for setting a date and site?? Pete.

Frank - The national campgrounds in Frisco and Hatteras are good but, they tend to shut down in early Oct. If people are willing to wait till next fall - or spring (colder water) we all will also have the luxury of checking in with the crew doing the meet in CA. and finding out what worked and what didn’t… Any Swayloholics up for setting a date and site?? Pete.

i may be making a trip down the last week in sept. there will be about 7 of us staying at the KOA. that;s all i can offer right now…

i may be making a trip down the last week in sept. there will be about 7 of us staying at the KOA. that;s all i can offer right now…

Pete, I am around that area right now. I’ll keep my eye open for your truck and say hi if I see it. The surf is not looking promising so I may not emerge from my shell. Hope to see you around, S.

Pete, I am around that area right now. I’ll keep my eye open for your truck and say hi if I see it. The surf is not looking promising so I may not emerge from my shell. Hope to see you around, S.

Just set a site and a date for next fall. If I can make it that would be great if not well those are the breaks. Teachers in NJ have a convention in early Nov. but I don’t know the date for '04 just yet. Perhaps I’ll take a couple of sick or personel days. I’ll help in any capacity that I can. We should really contact the guys in Ca. to see what the game plan was and discuss the good points and bad points, what worked and what didn’t. What should be added and what should be left out. Keep the spirit of Swayloholic’s East alive.

Just set a site and a date for next fall. If I can make it that would be great if not well those are the breaks. Teachers in NJ have a convention in early Nov. but I don’t know the date for '04 just yet. Perhaps I’ll take a couple of sick or personel days. I’ll help in any capacity that I can. We should really contact the guys in Ca. to see what the game plan was and discuss the good points and bad points, what worked and what didn’t. What should be added and what should be left out. Keep the spirit of Swayloholic’s East alive.

take a couple of sick days,catch some fish, ride a few waves, and talk story in the dirt. Life is good, don’t worry about the small shit. All you need is a couple of days on either side of a weekend. Get out of New Jersey and enter the real world.

take a couple of sick days,catch some fish, ride a few waves, and talk story in the dirt. Life is good, don’t worry about the small shit. All you need is a couple of days on either side of a weekend. Get out of New Jersey and enter the real world.

Game plan? What game plan? Seriously, after the event, I’d be happy to share the good, bad and ugly. Anybody out there can drop me a line and we can swap e-mail. So far, so good - I’ve never dealt with such a generous group of people!

Game plan? What game plan? Seriously, after the event, I’d be happy to share the good, bad and ugly. Anybody out there can drop me a line and we can swap e-mail. So far, so good - I’ve never dealt with such a generous group of people!

The mecca of any East coast surf trip is Boston.

The mecca of any East coast surf trip is Boston.

hey phil, what’s your e-mail. i’m willing to do what i can to help.

I can be reached at Serious help and inquiries would be appreciated.