the " stubbie " photo thread...

Can anyone help me out with fin placement for a stubbie I’m working on.  It’s one of the templates from blending curves.  5’10 x 22" x 2 3/4"  I already have some FCS plugs and I’d like to go for quad.  I was thinking maybe these fins Search: 11 results found for "tyler warren quad" – True Ames

long time reader first time poster on sways.

That red G&S board was on gumtree about a month ago! for $450 or $500 i think.

I saw it and wanted to get it but was stuck on site and it sold before I got back to Perth.

I might have to make my own version then!

Hopefully the first shaping begins this time next week! I moved into a house with a space I've claimed as a shaping bay finally!

I’m surprised that Dead Shaper has not posted any Photos of the Stoker V machine.   

I will highly recommend the Tyler Warren fins, I am using them in this board pictured below.

Both fins and board are for sale (I need a twin keel) but I’d be happy to take measurements if you’re still interested

Hey ifallalot, thanks for the help.  I actually finished the board a few weeks ago.  I can’t remember exactly what I did, but I think I set the fronts at 11.5 from the tail, 1.25 from rail and .25 inch toe.  Rears 5.5 from tail, 1.25 from rail, toe is parallel to fronts.  Using Stretch quads.  Fast and fun.  I’ll post a picture when I get home from Kauai.  Yours looks closer to the Mckee setup with the rears much further off the rails?

Yeah, its closer to the McKee setup than what GDaddy calls the “OC” setup like a Bulkley.  I’d say the rear quad placement on this board is much like Tomo’s setup.  I could tell they were close together when I slapped in my normal quad setup (GMB fronts, Vector 437 rears) and the board would just stick.

It was good with GMB fronts and GL rears

It was better with K2.1s

It was REALLY good with the Tyler Warren setup. 

The TW rears are pretty small so with your rears closer to rail I think that the Stretch setup will be perfect.  Personally, I like near-equal sized fronts and rears on wide tails with rears on the rail

http://vimeo.com/27572137#

thanks for posting kayu, I somehow managed to miss this. This is a board that I d like to ride, anyone ridden one? Cuttlefish???

i have a set of the Tyler warren true Ames fins which I use in a CI spermwhale, they are awesome. The perfect fit for this board IMO. I will def demo an MC hopefully in the coming months and I ll take my quad fins, I am sure that they will work a treat.

One fin should be plenty in those boards

I LOVE THIS SH-T…

EVERYTHING THAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND AND GOES AROUND AND… 

AIN’T NO GENIUS TO TRYING TO CLAIM A GENERIC GO TO SHAPE THAT’S BEEN AROUND FOR 45 YEARS…

… PAY ATTENTION TO HISTORY… no hijacking allowed!

I’m talking about the BS scene of the 2015’s, not the era of this thread up to 11 years ago… the future (now) wreaks of gutless wannabes trying to claim something that never was theirs…  

What’s the saying “honor the lineage”??? 

RETRO AIN’T RETRO IF YOU WERE THERE!  

END OF STORY… WORD TO THE WISE… BE GENUINE…Respect history, don’t try to HIJACK IT and claim it is yours!!! ;-O

thanks HEAPS Kayu , for posting that  film clip !!

5’10 x 21" X 2 1/2 " with an s-deck  1968. Be interesting to know the nose and tail width .

sounds like they stood up on george’s kneelo originally ?!  wonder if that was the 5 ‘10 balsa one ?  as his glass kneelos were more like 5’, I read …

michael cundith ,

is he still shaping for Sky , Kayu ?

the footage of his son on the stubbie is fun !

looks pretty darn flat rockered eh , and flies …

…actually , I heard a rumour recently that Mike is thinking of selling the business and retiring ?..http://www.mcsurf.com.au/

Bumping this old thread, hoping to have something to add soon, but just wanted to share it with anyone who hadn’t seen it yet.

hi Huck !

I just saw an article on the American stubbies , hull bottom mid length , featuring lee vanderhurst’s comments , among others. It was in an old issue of the surfers journal

Bit different to the aussie ones .

Interesting , both !

I also found a few more photos which luckily my brother had kept , which are a couple of my old boards …

one 5’ 10 " x 20 " , from memory , a strip and reshape job from either the 000s , or the 1990s , I forget which now …

cheers !

ben

6’ x 23" x 3"   … this thing turns on a dime…