Time to shape my Bonzer

unreal !!

i can't wait to hear how it goes on your backhand in good waves , Yorky !

keep up the reports , the stoke , the photos [?video? of you riding it?]

i'm LOVING this photo thread !

cheers mate !

ben

One thing too if you are feeling the design is to take one of your regular boards (with glass ons) and add the bonzer fin system to the board. I have heard of daniel jones ( a hawaiian pro surfer who has been riding some bonzers) taking a tokoro short board that he liked to duncan cambell in haleiwa and had him make it a bonzer for him. I guess he does retrofits for regular boards. So you could make a real comparison.

Kram, Right on dam good idea, I would like to do that one day.

Right now I’m on such a high.

I just came in from a knee high mushy dribble of a surf and…I’m starting to sound like a broken record, It blew me away again…  (on my forehand so far).

I had one funny feeling on one semi-powerful wave in my heat on my backhand, 3rd surf. But that could have been that retarted comp feeling you get when your in a heat (Adrenalin), that makes comps so addictive (roller coaster ride that most always ends in dispare) and makes  you surf like a hyper-active  goose.

Any way for now clowd 9 for my bonzer “inspired” and hell yeah i am inspired to where I/you/we can go with this design.

for now, I may have gotten lucky and maybe I just want It to go good, so in my head  I think its great. But right now its my new short board…yeewww,

Although Its happend before, you think a board is all good then turns to poo…

Just being honest as I can. but I hope not this one.

Beer O’clock

ching ching.

great stuff

wish i wasn’t so far away ,

i’d like to take some water shots and vid of ya !

keep up the good work

kram’s idea IS a good one , i’ve used [unfortunately , non-canted , though?! runners with a fin box back fin on my 5’11 prawn , with a nice feeling [hold!] through [especially forehand] turns . so , with a double concave or even vee it may have been a better feeling again !

might have to ask my mate on the goldy if he still has the bonzer bottom SINGLE fin i gave him eh ?

cheers !

share the stoke !

‘chippy’

Video test “Not Bonzer” But me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvXac0vAjrE

Well Shit, Lost a lot of picture quality and they took my (their) sound track…Dam that was the best part.

…More soul in the Bonzer Vid, I promise. And I’ll sing along to it,  laarr deee darr darr, bonnnehar  zzarrrrr! :wink:

bonzer, yes. i did those last year with “plusone’s” help’ thanks again greg.

salu2

uzzi

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc312/uzzi640/DSC_0130.jpg

bonzer, yes. i did those last year with “plusone’s” help’ thanks again greg.

salu2

uzzi

Very nice video - who shot it?  You rip.  But one complaint: you are having TOO MUCH FUN!!

Huckleberry, My better half shot it on a pretty average camera. All shot on north coast NSW, definitely fun waves around there.

Has anyone got a 20x HD video camera they want to sell cheep, ha ha.

Uzzi, the bonzer your holding looks similar outline to mine, any concaves in those?

Givin it some stick there Yorky.

No surf round here though…that mustta been shot somewhere else.

Though that cnut doing the burn-outs kept me awake a few nights…

Burn out…yeah…That was right before I traded it in, so, I just figured they didn’t need the extra tread on those tyers. After the shit deal they gave me… I spent tooo much $ doing that car up, not to have one last bit of fun. engine was epic. Then my little boy came into the equasion, bye bye Ute!

…I love the sound of a roaring v8, I really miss it. No really I do!

Hey Yorky.

Absolute fantastic read, this thread of yours!

I really enjoyed the “play by play” build…

Board looks great !  More of a H.P. looking  bonzer than the majority I’ve looked at here and elsewhere… I like that…

Kiteride, Great mate, Stoked you liked it…I enjoied posting it up on Sways. Sways gives a lot to all of us.

Very, very nice. Not surprised you've got orders for them already. Are you feeling lift under your back foot like a normal hpsb thruster? Doing the concaves your way suddenly seems brilliant to me :)

OK Yorky you wanted me to post some photos…

6’1 grey/purple 

6’6 ewing egg blue swirl

I forgot to take a pic of the 6’6 when I finished shaping it.

:slight_smile:

Front foot drive, straight line Planing, Lift, bite & acceleration through strong bottom turns…Haven’t surfed it in down the line waves yet so no extended carves off the top.

**Doing the concaves your way suddenly seems brilliant to me :slight_smile: **Wow. Thank you Mike, I really look up to you and your work. Cheers.

Girvin, Legend mate. Go the bonzer…Bloody lot of work hey.

hi yorky, yes they are in. it was the part where pluseone was helping out, we simply don’t see those boards here. the concave look somewhat like yours, slightly bend but i did the smaller channels a bit to long- no problem for me in the water just optic . amazing boards.

salu2

uzzi

hiya Yorky !!

..... any more ride reports and / or FOOTAGE of it being ridden , please , mate ??

cheers !

ben