tips...........

what kind of music do you listen to when you work?

or better yet

if i said i play tecno when i do abstracts it helps the board under the resin to trip out!

sprinkel a little suger on top pour it out.

come back for more another hit no doubt.

drixxle here drixxle there

3 liitle pigs in one big house.

the big bad wolf blows it all away in one big puff.

back fill to make it ill.

and thats how thems get layed out

drum and bass and break beats and some screamo to piss off the neighbors

Jazz -Michael Franks style, Feist, Ry Cooder, and I’m loving Buena Vista Social Club at the moment. Having a mellow phase.

Cheers

Mooneemick

Call me a dinosaur, I like to listen to Creedence Clearwater Revival, Led Zep, Ten years After, and basically '70s music.

Tool. And Heather Nova.

Classic rock most of the time.

Pink Floyd “dark side of the moon” or “wish you where here” when I need to get trippy or find the inner artist…

I like silence when I’m shaping or building , I dont like the distraction, but that explains why the wife often shuffles into the garage at 4 AM and asks if Im coming to bed.

I once built a guitar by working around the clock in isolation.

Sometimes the mood strikes me and James Brown is my constant companion…

Get on up, heh !

But I prefer musicians who are possessed with their art rather than the James Blunt school of pathetic apathy.

Brett.

Oh yeah, I saw you, but but I dropped in anyway.

silence is golden

when i listen to music on breaks i crank that shit up full

dance my head off

then back to quiet for work

to be the best at what you do you need to have absolute concentration

for difficult and detailed work anyway

would you want your brain surgeon listening to hendrix

or you dentist listening to metallica while they work

hey brett i built an acoustic guitar from wood i milled myself

it was okay

i was in a open workshop very humid and damp at times made it problematic

anyway in breaks liking portishead and massive attack a bit lately

Silly,

I built my electric guitar from a book called The Guitar Book, who’d a thought it huh ?? Body,neck, frets, electrics, even wound the pickups. I gave it away to a friend but I still play the ukulele, Israel Kamakawiwoole rules. Pity about Iz. BTW, anyone got a spare Kamaka ?

All boy-bands should be dragged into the nearest alleyway and shot.

Brett.

Music without lyrics when I’m shaping, 'cause I’m not on autopilot and I need to think.

Glassing’s different… I listen to a lot of mixes… Paul Weller, My Morning Jacket, Broken Social Scene, Wilco… Hendrix for resin swirls.

in my humble opinion…i like to get down with something real mellow

like grateful dead, dylan, maybe a little reggae, something like that.

i find that if i let myself feel it i can get in a zone where i’m focused

with out even really having to think about it and i become way more

productive.

I’ll listen to right wing propaganda radio and have a cold beer handy. Baseball games my favorite thing to listen to when I’m working, though. With a coldie. If I put on the music it’s usually blues harmonica stuff. I’d listen to more music, but the planer cuts it off. I don’t listen to anything when I like it quiet when I laminate. Don’t want the music to get those molecules vibrating and linking too soon. Know what I mean? Mike

Quote:

I’ll listen to right wing propaganda radio and have a cold beer handy.

ROFL!!!

Dennis Leary comes to mind for some reason… somethin about whaleskin hubcaps…

Compsand balsa glue-ups tend to go well with some 80’s rock like van halen, or even the beach boys, wish they all could be sun-ovas…

While shapeing music doesn’t matter, can’t hear anything with the darn planer screaming

lam jobs I’ll have some cheezy pop radio on, I em de la-mina-tor, squegee it up till it drips around…

sanding means motorhead… sands like death…

I have noticed when making snowboards I’ll get more into stuff like beasty boyz and make funny gestures with my arms whilst figuring out the arc of the steel rails…

Depending on my mood.

Social D., Dead Kennedy’s, NOFX etc…

or

Burning Spear, Michael Rose, Eek-a-Mouse etc…

or

A Tribe Called Quest, Jurassic 5, De La Soul etc…

I guess anything but country.

I’ll even throw in some drum & bass (aphrodite)ish, break beats (simply jeff)ish, or house (mark farina)ish

I like something upbeat when I’m shaping just to keep me moving.

When it comes time to glass, reggae was my #1…keeps me in a mellow mood

during stressful moments.

You guys need to get some headphones!

I have the radio headphones for planer work.

I find the board turns out better if you keep one sound track for the whole board.

Got my Jimmy H board,Daph Punk,Killers, ect.

I play the G Dance-techno music radio station at work to keep the older contractors riled up.

The Ramones…

…Joan Jett…

Wireless headphones are killer.

H

it depends what mood i’m in and what i’m doing if i’m shaping it will be something kinda heavy like ASG or thunderlip but if i’m glassing i have mellower stuff on like death cab of cutie, the shins, or some marley

What? Can’t hear you… I epoxied my Ipod earbuds in to my ear canals. Can’t do anything without muzak!

Last 10 artists on shuffle play:

Tito Puente

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Sade

Michael Franti & Spearhead

Morcheeba

Beck

Alice in Chains

Toots and the Maytals

Trip Hop for Jazz Junkies

M.Ward

Back to work, I mean groovin…

Quote:

sprinkel a little suger on top pour it out.

come back for more another hit no doubt.

drixxle here drixxle there

3 liitle pigs in one big house.

the big bad wolf blows it all away in one big puff.

back fill to make it ill.

and thats how thems get layed out

is this secret’s that you want to share but are compelled to tawnt us with mumbojumbo? Vader this is a good thread you guys should make and sell and instructional video showing how to achieve certain effects with resin colors I guarrantee you will sell a boat load of them

as far as the tunes go its to each his own

I prefer silence but sometimes classic rock works for me

Im with you Darth! I go to www.filtermusic.net and pick from the proghouse list. Or if im feeling extra devious ill listen to some dieselboy or other DNB. Phil K for the aussies, Digweed for the brits, whatever i can get my hands on that doesnt have too many lyrics cause that will make me think too much.

B.