Twinzer Discussion:

Hey Lasolas

no need to stress old mate … i know what it’s like to get wrung out, (your just to popular) lol

Maybe I didn’t explain myself properly, but what I need is the distance from the rail edge to the “rear fin tips at “base” of fins not including rovings” … usually around 1 1/4" or whatever it is !!!

Really appreciate your help … I’ve started my beast, will forward you some pic’s as I progress

once again many thanx old mate, look forward to response

W

PS Would you mind measuring up how wide the tail block is from tip to tip

Quote:

…the originator?

will jobson and the twinzer …

…okay …

I located the short accompanying comments that were with this photo .

here they are then ,

"

THE TWINZER

WHO believes in twin fins any more ? Will Jobson does. Will is a Huntington Beach shaper , who stayed quietly addicted to the twinnie through its dark days in the 1980s, even playing with some trippy alternatives. About two years ago , he prototyped a twin with a couple of little outriders - essentially the opposite of the old four fin idea, where the extra fins were tacked on closer to the tail.

'The main reason twins were dropped was because they were spinning out," says Will. " The two little fins are not for fin area and holding power , though they do that , too. They clean up the turbulence on the main fins , which used to always be a problem. "

The Twinzer -Will’s name for it- features a tail pulled in slightly narrower than a thruster, and channels drawn through a basic bat-tail. Martin Potter is in possession of four , from 6’2 to 7’3 , and likes them . Other people , like SoCal shaper Terry Martin , are beginning to play with the idea , too. "

…well, I hope this is helpful , and a bit of interesting history , perhaps ??

cheers !

ben

Quote:

Hey Lasolas

no need to stress old mate … i know what it’s like to get wrung out, (your just to popular) lol

Maybe I didn’t explain myself properly, but what I need is the distance from the rail edge to the “rear fin tips at “base” of fins not including rovings” … usually around 1 1/4" or whatever it is !!!

Really appreciate your help … I’ve started my beast, will forward you some pic’s as I progress

once again many thanx old mate, look forward to response

W

PS Would you mind measuring up how wide the tail block is from tip to tip __________________________________________________________________________________________________ Dude … smee again !!! The suspense is killling me mate !!! Gimi some dims or I’m back on the Prozac (lol) Hey Lasolas drop me line W

7’2" Haut Twinzer Gun. A friend left this at the house yesterday. Made for big days. From the late 80’s

That board was done at Channins glass shop in Encinitas probably around the mid 90’s when Will had a shaping stall there. He lived with his 2 pet Monitor lizards in his Lazy Daze RV that was parked in front of the shop . I remember the board from the paint job on the deck which I did. Back then he was really into riding his mountain bike and not much into building boards. That became an issue with Tony Channin who wasn’t getting enough glasswork from Will. When Will started storing his mountain bikes in his shaping room, Tony asked him to move on. Will then moved up to the Santa Cruz area.

Will was a trip. Very intelligent. Very eccentric. A metriculous shaper who was really into the nuances in the shape.

man, i am so stoked this thread is going…

I have been hooked on the twinzer thing for about 3 years now, and absolutely love them. I have never had one made by anyone but me, so can’t - very unfortunately - comment on the original, but I find they suit my surfing perfectly. The contours I use are different than what Wil does, and hope to someday find one of his, or actually get one from him, as I am sure they will go even better.

I’ll post some pictures soon, but wanted to ask atomised if you were still at Channin in 2001-2003? Just curious because I was doing finboxes, and hotcoats there then…

all the best

here’s a 5’11" eggy pod thingy i made in Brazil that I still own and ride regularly…

hey foamhead, sorry again, the correct measurement is 1 5/8" from fin tip to rail, hope you get this

…talking about what type of shapes

I had several W Jobson Twinzers in my hand back in 1990

all with carbon fins

also some Blue Hawaii twinzers

I think the shapes in those boards were the reflection of those years

may be W Jobson now think in more volume boards or different tail areas and tail rocker

I was there until January 2002 when I got offered a much better deal from Stewart. Sam Cody replaced me at Channin.

Many thanx …

Can stay of med’s now !!

Will post pic’s of “twisted twinzer” I’m putting together

W

This setup:

Goes like this:

Sorry for the shame-ful self promotion… :smiley:

No shame required…that board obviously works.

The rake on those back fins is…is…I don’t know…baroque.

Post up a few more pics of that board please.

PS Never been a twinzer fan. Rode a Blu Hawaii one back in the early 90’s via Nev Hyman and hated it…but always have hated twinnys. This thread is making me rethink that.

Cheers. Steve

Quote:

No shame required…that board obviously works.

The rake on those back fins is…is…I don’t know…baroque.

Post up a few more pics of that board please.

PS Never been a twinzer fan. Rode a Blu Hawaii one back in the early 90’s via Nev Hyman and hated it…but always have hated twinnys. This thread is making me rethink that.

Cheers. Steve

Ha ha! Twins and Twinzers are definitely not the all arounders like a thruster (at least for me). The board is a blast, but still has a tendency to drift a little during roundies. Still working out the kinks on this one. I’ve gone twin, twinzer, to some freakin’ abortion lead finlet thing, and now back to twin fin (same template fin, just a little bigger) on the board pictured above. The fins were inspired by a pic of a Greg Webber twin I saw a while back. I made the fins out of an old skate deck to give 'em an inside curve.

I did a thread on it a while back, http://www.swaylocks.com/…ail_page.cgi?ID=2226

The pics are pre twinzer finlet and a few are pre sanding.

Cheers,

Allen

Edit: Here’s an example of “baroque” art. It’s depicting Bacchus, who all us beer drinkers know as the god of drink.

atomized…

ah well, Sam Cody was allready spraying at Channin when I started… so no chance we met I guess. Still kinda miss that place. Lots of good people around while i was there…

ANYWAY… on with the thread!

Hey Surfthis, why are you wearing a bra backwards in the photo? Or is this one of those “don’t ask” situations?

Quote:

Hey Surfthis, why are you wearing a bra backwards in the photo? Or is this one of those “don’t ask” situations?

Thanks for noticing!!! I would never have seen that. I guess now I’ll have to start stuffing it to give it a firmer, fuller look! Too funny.

this thread needs a comeback

My buddy up north SCORED on this Hess Twinzer.  $350 off CL

some pics