Twinzer Discussion:

I see you’ve overlapped the canards a little bit past the leading edge of the Main fin.

I’m sure you had a reason for putting them there. Care to sare?

No Worries, Rich

I just tried to copy what I saw on the other boards from this thread. I can move the canards fore/aft if I need to tweak them some more. I also changed the cant from 10 to 6 degrees. I’m guessing this board is going to be too loose for me to start with b/c the fins are so far forward. The board is kinda small, too (5’10 x 17 7/8 x 2 1/8). I made it about 6 years ago. I haven’t ridden it in probably 5 years, but I thought I might retrofit it b/c it’s my only board with Futures, and I wanted the Futures twinzers. I think I read somewhere that these are Wil’s fin design?

that's a very interesting set-up Ghost Shaper,

let me know how she goes ok,

thanx

Deano

Yo Ghostshaper,

Often when retrofitting boards to be a Twinzer we find that the original fin placement is too far forward. I don’t know where they are on the board in the photo posted.

The more you cant the canards out the looser and more release you’ll get. If the canards are somewhat separated fromt he main fins and more upright the performance

action will be stiffer. This why I feel that fusion boxes work best for Twinzers. One can place the two tab holes so the the canards can be placed fairly close to the main

fins as well as a little over an inch further forward to stiffing action up for larger surf. I hope your project goes well. Mike Daniels and I have been do a little collaborating.

As a result he has a couple of Twinzers in the works. I’m sure photos will surface when the get out of his factory.

No Worries, Rich

a teaser pic of my carbon / epoxy fins

board maybe in a month or so ,  Ride report to follow after 3 sessions   :slight_smile:

What’s the reason for the different directions the carbon fibers are running? 

Yo Ghostshaper,

There really isn’t any reason. The basket weave doesn’t affect how the fin flexs at all.

When I cut the fins out of the panel it’s just the way the cookie cuts.

No Worries, Rich

more pics

Knowaloha...........

I'm diggin that little puppy ........

Any dims or ride report ??????

Pic's in this case is not a thousand words old mate ... (lol)

W

Foamhead ,

not my board but this is,  fast and free ride with solid direction changes .

have something else on the way :-)  too ,  a bit more 21st. century

Here are a few of my twinzers.  Getting the cant correct with the concave bottom can be a challenge.  I have been placing a straight edge across the board to calculate the front cant. 

surfed the Rusty in overhead perfection to waist high slop and it is fun .

the best feature is how fast it is and how well it redirects , unlike any quad or thruster .

the board has a full Vee bottom and i thought that might hurt the performance in sub par conditions but it did not .

jobson in da house 

what are the dims?

Coil will be in da house soon...

MD ,

My excitement is going through the roof ! but you know that 

Ifallalot ,

dims are 6-8 x 20ish x 2.5ish      it only has Wil Jobsons signature and no dims 

put it under my arm last night and had to have it , much bigger than my normal boards . It will be my longboard , LOL 

surfed it this morning and it was a blast .

Would you and N like to see pictures before we taco them? I might take the camera to factory tomorrow.

who cares if they do I do! haha

OMG  hell yes !   :slight_smile:

Nice Halcyon twinzer sets attached to some composites wizardry from Kirk and Eric Brasington.