What are you working on? Post your current project here.

I’ve no guesses left. But I’d like to hear more about it when you release your product!

I did not want to say you’re not a pioneer, because you are one by trying it in surfboards ;).

I support you in keeping a lid on it. It’s different when you do things for living than being an amateur like I am.

Keep up the great work and keep experimenting! The future of shaping is in trying and doing new things. With all the mass production, shaping is not a craft anymore (like a baker who bakes the same bread everyday).

yorky

when I lam the bottom I do a cut lap to the edge of the wood

that evens it up

then glass the deck (wraping around the rails to the bottom)

Ken. yeah cool mate. that’s logical, the wood looks thick from the photo. All the best with it.

Dave (diverse) whats sort for Uni glass would you recommend for the rails instead of the carbon. The deck and bottom will have the same as the deck on the board above 4-4 x 4-4. with that brown/gold stuff as insert. maybe 6 oz? sound like you recommend it. i,m keen to give it a go.

7’4 hollow cedar pine cork…

glassing this weekend…

Hey Yorky

instead of carbon uni try r-glass, it is a uni glass, clear and available from Nuplex, if I remember right it is boron, 250gram same weight as the uni carbon you are using.

A quick search at Azom brought up Tensylon.

regards Boardbumps

how the heck are you shaping the cork so cleanly?

the stuff refuses to cooperate with me!

finished this jungle board for a buddy of mine with a nice hand made fin from Larry

working on doing a Thrailkill double center on the copy of the above that I’m making for myself

and toying around with some different skin ideas…(I used some scrap cloth for the lam on the ‘inside’ there, so it looks wonky)

I start with a planer and finish it off with a belt sander. Then by

Hand. Aparently there is different densities of cork so maybe

That’s the problem you’ve been having.

my current project 6’4" x 20" x 2 5/8 5 finner future fins

Starting my first Classic LB Tuesday. Thinking 10’ x 18.5" x 23" x 16". Single fin log.

5’11 x 18 3/8 x 2 3/16 PUPE UV cure US Blanks 6’3EA FCS Fusion

Thanks to Paul Jensen and his amazing generosity, I started to build my first hollow wood board.

So far it’s going well and I’m really enjoying working with wood instead of foam.

A couple more picts - http://flickr.com/photos/goodfrank/sets/72157605848243625/

zip ties rule…!!!..

my brother and I were joking around in the garage about this…

I told him that zip ties “were the thinking man’s duct tape”.

It did explode!

shit looks nice

I got one more sheet for me.

I got the gloss and pinlines on the deck

what you think?

a little plug for my support team

Hey Kensurf…I love it…was the tail inspired by Balsa???

Thought I’d give an update on my projects… If you go back to the first post you’ll see the starting photos…

MarkSSD came by , board is completely shaped ready for glass. 8’-6" with 50/50 rails. Very clean considering it’s a re-shape

Eight footer…She’s in the archives. Califia Pulverizer…paint inspired by Balsa… board in Finbox meltdown thread. The guy I made the board for is really happy…

Shipman blank…Came out as a 7 footer…so smooth…She’s shaped ready to be glassed…

EPS short board and EPS blank waiting for the right person…The shaped blank can be modified to your specs…want to trade?

And the Biofoam…I’m surfing that thing , A little short for me but very fun!!!

Have fun, post photos

Stingray

finished the twins…one for me, one for him.

working on an oversized fish for a friend…still rough…

*I swear…the outlines are not that crunked up…they are on an incline, leaned over and a bit tilted… : (