All kneel and spray! Show us your knee boards!

Boy keeps askin’ to make deck mount for “go pro” OPS gets it now! LMAO

…which one[s] , specifically , oldy ?

the ‘hardware’ [by dale ponsford] board on the first page , and the similar [rod ball ] ’ ski tails ’ [hot buttered surfboards] , in the '70s were a bit

but then again , as the stories [and smell] goes … there was  copious ‘herb tinted’ shaping , and fins ,  going on in ‘those’ days in sydney …and ‘country soul’ etc …  haaaaaaaaaaa

if you mean the mackie one , as featured in kidman’s movie , ‘glass love’ , [ and ,  ‘lost in the ether’ , too…] , well, yes … THAT was  a ‘winterstick’ [remember THOSE??]  inspired design , only , shaped much later … in the 1990s. He does / did  them with RADICAL 20" + deep ‘buttcracks’ , and carbon fibre flexi tails now , mitchell rae style , but yeah , pretty spacey …

https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1350&bih=640&q=michael+mackie+surfboards&oq=michael+mackie+&gs_l=img.1.0.0i24l6.1874.7032.0.15538.15.11.0.3.3.0.802.4613.0j2j3j0j2j3j1.11.0…0…1ac.1.36.img…6.9.2055.kK4lMexSKj8

…did I ever post them on my ‘different’ thread , I wonder ??  [ glenn cat collins is probably worthy of a mention there , too, methinks …]

…if not , then …

dot dot dot

…to be continued… [if that thread is located … :wink:

cheers !

ben

Kneeboard for Marco in Albany, Western Australia. Crozier influence. 

yeehaa

‘nautilus’ , eh ?   Did you ever see ‘that’ board , in scott dillon’s coffs harbour museum  ??

flexy tailed josh !

And  HOURS of work on that deck spray ,  too !

at least Albany gets some great waves , marco will be S T O K E D , mate !

Speedneedle, that is a beautiful thing!! A Crozier style single fin is on my list to do very soon.

Here’s my lastest, the ‘Stubbed Toe’. 5’5" x 23 11/16" x 2 5/8" with rear fins in at 6 degrees. Wanted a comact board with the rail line of something bigger. So far feels really good and responsive!

…interesting !

what’s the thinking on the two back fins, bryn ?

Yeah me too!  And Byn does the Stubbed Toe get vert or what… Love everything you got there.

Photo via oneula  still on the mend

5’ 11" x 23.75 x 2.75" For Chris

Double Wing Squash tail.

Sorry for the hiatus gents, thanks oldphart and yeah it goes vert! Climes foam and turns hard with speed. All the elements seem to fit and gel well together. The volume is nice and even and it paddles far better than its size would imply (I don’t wear flippers).

The fin set up came from curiosity about some extra plugs I spotted in some of Albert Munoz’s boards shaped by Dave Parkes. The way I like to surf has meant I’ve pretty much always ridden tri’s/thrusters and this seemed like a good way of keeping that thruster style of surfing with some quad benefits and some extra lift. The last board I did was a quad and it turned out good but really a love/hate relationship! Give it a steep wall and it flies but anything remotely flat and it’s nowhere near as engaging. I need more time on the ‘Toe’ still but feels pretty darn good straight out of the gate! Looking forward to learning more. 

Barry, super sweet outline!

here’s one my brother had , years ago …

one of the swaylockians [ ? jeff?] who runs / ? ran ?  the surfresearch site , ‘may’ have bought it [ from  memory ] ?

http://www.surfresearch.com.au/00000223.html

cheers !

ben

Scotty at the museum in 2006…

I tried to find it this year…but I think it was taken out by the new freeway!!

thanks Roger !

I got shots of those very same boards , back in my 2001 visit.

I’ll have to ask my brother if it still exists , and if not , where the boards went ?  [ he was up in coffs a month ago , visiting our folks]

cheers

ben

…its gone , jolly Roger ?!   :frowning:

hmmmm…

photobucket ???

anyone ELSE experiencing THIS , trying to upload photos ??

" Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate. "

[ shades of peter berry , there … ]

… spooned , flextail , single box fin .

photo DSCF7430_zps2dd1cc12.jpg

photo DSCF7431_zpsc66927e0.jpg

Legrope plug on nose …

sparkley

photo DSCF7439_zps6bce88e9.jpg

:)

cheers

ben

friar tuck

[don’t spoonerise it though okay ?!]

photo DSCF7769_zps29b3b0ae.jpg

photo DSCF7768_zpsa76604f6.jpg

photo DSCF7506_zpsfe0aac87.jpg

photo DSCF7770_zps709e5245.jpg

An old Neil Luke board …with my resin swirl side fins …

photo IMG_0078_zps8d3002a9.jpg

photo IMG_0092_zpscb577ebb.jpg

photo IMG_0088_zpsd3ad31b1.jpg

I  think these are the ONLY photos that I have EVER taken of my brother riding a kneeboard [ he has four] …

taken on sunday arvo [ unfortunately , after the seabreeze hit ]  …

photo DSCF7935_zpsbd3cc5d3.jpg

photo DSCF7990_zps2e3dbf3d.jpg

photo DSCF7992_zps649be72c.jpg

some from the point leo surfboard show [yesterday]

[…  that’s in australia , crew ! ]

photo DSCF6227_zpsa46be31e.jpg

… notice the spoon , a Crozier …

I have to say, whenever I see the title of this thread, I get these twisted mental images of some kind of formation territorial marking.

Hey Oldphart… are you now Mattwho, with readjusted normal pronoun usage? Just curious. Always enjoy your posts.