Friends of Cleanlines

Rodger,

While I don’t know you personally, I’m one of the many that have appreciated your insightful and always helpful posts on Swaylocks. You are the eptiome of the true spirit of Swaylocks.

Get well soon - all of our prayers are with you.

BTW, does anyone have an update on Rodger’s condition?

Kind Regards,

Matt.

a little late to see this fire in the beach

now that many of us are here

let us extend hands

join them in the name of CLEANLINES…

lets say the words together

what ever the might be

and raise up the spirit of this fallen comrade

to realise his fondest wish

be it animate,be it complete

be it etheral or on his feet

blessings reflecting the blessings bestowed upon us

in the name of the father the son and the holy spirit

about the blue campfire we stand

in support of the spirit of a man

a credit to any clan

…ambrose…

take another deep breath

we are all here

hey dad he has friends he didn’t know about either…

Roger, as you can see you have many friends here, and many people keeping you in their prayers and thoughts. Get well!!!

As stated before, I plant to print this thread and send it to Roger with a card. I plan to print at 3pm PDT.

I only know Roger through this website but I hold him in high regard due to his willingness to share his knowledge and his encouraging words. Get well soon Mr. Cleanlines, we need you here with us.

ROGER…have a better day today!

Just wanted to chime in and send along some good wishes for a full and speedy recovery to Roger. Get well soon!

P.S. Still using that skil I bought from you 4 years ago, several thousand boards and counting! Ending up liking it more than the every day one I had used for years , thanks Mr. Clean --s.a.

Been out of touch with the site for almost 2 weeks, man am I sorry to here about Cleanlines. Take care of yourself man you have a lot of people out there that thank a lot of you. Bagman

I Know Roger from the site and also from many phone conversations.My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.I hope he has a speedy and full recovery.

Doug

Tuna:

Thanks for keeping us posted on Roger’s condition. I’ve been out of town for several weeks and just saw this thread while sitting down to catch up. Roger is an exceptional craftsman and very generous when it comes to sharing his skills in boardbuilding. He spent many patient hours with me on the phone in the last few years. I’ll be praying for his speedy recovery.

Tom S.

Hoping you have a speedy recovery CleanLines. Get well soon!

Prayers and best wishes.

Get well soon.

Paul

I don’t know Cleanlines personally, but have appreciated his many posts on this site. As I prepare to sand my first self-build board and prepare to lay down my first resin pinline, all my thoughts drift to Rodger…

Ambrose… right on… “hey dad he has friends he didn’t know about either…”

I feel so inept that I can’t find the word to express what his contribution means to me… I watched the glassing DVD over & over and when I did my first board felt that he was there with me, whispering in my ear… “Stop fiddling with the hot coat…!!!”

Rodger, get well soon!

Just a quick update on Rodger’s condition. He is slowly beginning to improve. They may take him off the resirator this week . He can open his eyes and move his arms. He is still heavily sedated so its hard to tell what’s going on. Jim

our prayers and thoughts of you continue Rodger …

ben

…thanks for the update Jim !

Since fortunately things seem to be stabilized for Cleanlines, and since there is a snail mail address for him, and since even the best recoveries are long and tedious, may I offer what I like to do in these situations?

Postcards. Yeah, it probably sounds lame and dumb and like a hassle to some, but when just sitting up is a struggle for someone having a chance to see scenic postards along with good wishes from friends and aquaintances can be good energy. Since Swaylock’s pretty much covers the world the possibilities are quite nearly endless. Just a thought.

I sent him a get well card this morning. I think everyone who has pulled info from his posts should also. I like the post card idea, but hard to get a post card from oklahoma to have a beach on it.

Can someone please try to get the hospital address. That would be best. He could be in for a while.

Terrible news.

I hope he’s improving and he’s doing better now. I’m out of home and is the first time i check Swaylocks in some time, so i just read this. I’ll send him a card today.

Prayers on the way!

He’s a very possitive man, i’m sure this will help him.

Tuna, please, keep us posted, and let us know the hospital address if that’s possible.

Thanks for all you shared RB!!!, i know you’ll share more things with us.

Coque.

Just to update all concerned. Rodger is off the respirator and has been setting up in a chair. He still has some loss of movement in one arm. Any cards sent to the address I posted goes to his parents who take them to him daily. It looks like he is on his way to recovery. I will only post further updates if his condition should change dramatically. Jim

Hi i was away 18th - 25th so just got the new, glad R.B is on the mend and a card on the way. hopefuly by the time it has arrived RB will be well on his way to a full recovery.

and back to making boards and surfing.

R.B not many earn my respect the way that you have, get back to what you love soon, you got Kama on ya side, I’ll catch a wave and think of you.