Pics of you riding your creations.

me riding a couple handboards i made for bodysurfing. mostly a surfer however have yet to attempt shaping a full sized surfboard. these foam and glass handboards, made from my broken boards, are my first foray into shaping. they work good as you can see. but for free falling in to closed out shorebreak pits just about anything will do.

Just finished making a finless fish, heres a pic of me sliding into mate....and consequently giving my board a couple of dings (I suspect my less than adequate glassing is partly to blame).

Makakilo - nice bodysurfing shots.....i'm hoping to get some of myself this summer, although clad in neoprene!

edit: not sure how I managed to upload the same photo twice!

https://swaylocks7stage.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/slide.jpg

Found some old frame grabs of a couple boards I made. Smaller board is a 6-10 EPS/Balsa/woven bamboo compsand the other is a 10-2 EPS.

I gave away the 6-10.

we don´t have such waves very often and normally nobody wants to stay and make fotos…;o).  5´11 x 19 x 2 1/4 quad

[quote="$1"]

me riding a couple handboards i made for bodysurfing. mostly a surfer however have yet to attempt shaping a full sized surfboard. these foam and glass handboards, made from my broken boards, are my first foray into shaping. they work good as you can see. but for free falling in to closed out shorebreak pits just about anything will do.

aaa3.jpg

[/quote]

beautiful beautiful photos , mate .... did Clark Little take those , by any chance ?

do you have a shot or two of the hand plane / board , please ?  [ I was curious as to how you attach the wrist strap ?]

It's interesting that you posted this , because I was just looking at some footage and photos last night , of some bodysurfers having fun , one day a coupla weeks ago , at my local .

I was wondering if it was worth starting a bodysurfing photo thread ?  [Clark Little , "HE the man" !!  when it comes to shots like the ones of you , from what I have seen so far , anyway ! ]

cheers for posting those ...AWESOME stuff !!

ben

6’2" eps standard shape 

attn.- BCHIPPER:  aloha, first off thanks for your interest and kind words! the photographer is a mate of mine from the neighboorhood by the name of gregg daniels. his work can be found at  beach boy photography.com.

the "strap" i use is actually a carry handle made by surfco. and is meant to be glued onto SUP boards simply to aid in moving the beasts. i removed the plastic pieces at either end where they were attached with cordage similar to a leash string. and so i glassed  2 leash plugs in to the deck of the handboard. you dont want something too tight. wanna be able to switch to go left or to go right. i swim quite well with it, much faster than without as i use it like a paddle.

ive included a couple pics of the board, one of the deck and strap. and all are pre-rasta paint job. also a 2 shot sequence in the tube, plus another in a dark sandy tube. cheers mate, good luck hey!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ahui'hou!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://swaylocks7stage.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/1298868718904%20copy.jpg

https://swaylocks7stage.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/IMG_3036.jpg

ben, my apoligies mate! for some reason the shot of the strap refuses to upload properly and show up. ill try one more time.

there thats done it! Aloha!

thanks heaps !

great photos , great handboard , great surfing , great FUN !!

cheers !

ben

good on ya chipfins! below are a few you tube vids ive posted of a few secret spots nearby. ssshhh... aloha!

http://youtu.be/KlU0Kjkmmtk

http://youtu.be/YtmA_q4p-hY

http://youtu.be/wNYqOlJgBYE

unreal , THANKS mate , don't worry I won't tell ANY of the other 4 million people online ...

hey , did you make the one-tabber fins for your handboard , by the way ?

do you have a side on shot showing THEM  too , please , if iit's not pushing a new found acquaintenceship [?word?]

cheers

ben

Hard to believe no one out in the first one…

[quote="$1"]

unreal , THANKS mate , don't worry I won't tell ANY of the other 4 million people online ...

do you have a side on shot showing THEM  too , please , if iit's not pushing a new found acquaintenceship [?word?]

cheers

ben

[/quote]

no, didnt make the fins. were given to me by a guy who works at the laminations hawaii factory. said they were in his desk drawer since hed started there. i think they are for a kiteboard, though not sure but easy enough to make your own mate. get creative! after all this is bodysurfing not rocket surgery! i used a fast food tray to great effect before making these boards just to make the point that mostly anything you make ewill work just fine!

fluorescent is hot again

spot: la torche, somewhere in brittany, france, in april

sort of a fat wave with a bit of push

[img_assist|nid=1058795|title=minimal deck|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640]

]

[img_assist|nid=1058797|title=bottom fluo la torche|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=395]

[img_assist|nid=1058798|title=top turn|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=445]

Local firing Tuesday…5’10’’ x 19 x 2 3/8…ridden as a thruster.

The first board i made - it was proper crappy blown out surf, but i had to take it out!

Pic of me on my 5’4 x 23 x 3 Minisimmons in Lanzarote. Small surf but in this waves I loved the board.

YEEEWWWW!!!!  thats how bradda Marsh!  nice little pit! cant hardly go wrong with a little round pin! impressive!

[quote="$1"]

cheers

ben

[/quote]

cool! so do you laminate your own glass fins? how bout wood? post em up my friend, im very curious about the process! thanks, and cheers!