post Hull pics

Quote:

These boards make large radius turns (think downhill not GS or Slalom) that are related to the rail line rocker.

From this thread:

Doesn’t look like a downhill turn to me. If it’sthe rail line rocker that dictates the turn, is the nose rocker engaged in the turn with the forward stance(coz that’s the only place I see rocker)?

I think the modern mccoys (without actually seeing one outside of the water) has both a front and a rear belly with a flatter section in between. Wish I could try your board.

regards,

Håvard

I oversimplified things a bit. You can kick-turn swivel them around or slide a shorter radius turn but that’s not really a rail turn and not what these boards are about.

In the photo, the rider is not engaging the entire rail line so he can make a shorter turn. I think there is a bit of swiveling going on too.

Yes, you do use the nose rail to initiate the turn to a large degree. I imagine that you snowboard or ski a fair bit…turning a hull is very much like carving a turn in firm packed snow. Emphisis on carving.

LeeV: hurryup with that additional pics of yr v-bottom. chop-chop.

Its on the “Home” page right above Resinhead’s Northshore Cruiser

Quote:

whoa, Lee mon, looking good!

The PhD of Swaylocks. Dr. LeeV

Hey KP,

I am almost done with the repairs on the Fedex victim- I need to sand out the tail and I am in the water Friday with it (If these Santa Ana’s die down).

Lee, that’s me in the photo that Haarvard posted above. I ride that Inbetweener (single) with the fin almost all the way up which helps- also put nearly all my weight on the back foot (2/3’s back) and focus on the inside rail. It doesn’t slide too much but I can’t replicate it going frontside. Still need to remind myself to start the turn near the bottom of the wave instead of the top (frontside) :slight_smile: .

AF

Quote:

Yes, you do use the nose rail to initiate the turn to a large degree. I imagine that you snowboard or ski a fair bit…turning a hull is very much like carving a turn in firm packed snow. Emphisis on carving.

I want one of those boards SOOO BAD!

Now where can I find the $700 for the board and the $500 for shipping it? (about the same amount as I have in minus on my credit cards :-/ )

I’m wild guessing that this is not the board for the novice boardbuilder either…

regards,

Håvard

give it a go! they look basic, simple but are complexed.lots of curves everywhere- no real straight spots.i think hilbers quote in the journal hull article where he compares the constellation airplane to a hull board is pretty spot on…

chip, i’d like to know what that is. almost looks like a bulbous bow for a fishing vessel.

Or the bow /prow of a blue-water outrigger canoe / ama ??

The CHIPSTERS “what the hell is that” photo comp !! Enter now !!!

marc/pato: hows that epoxy hull holding up? anything more you can say about it - epoxy flex at all? have you rode other hulls to compare? still riding it alot, or moved on to another fave board?

Jason-

Still riding it more than any of my other boards. It’s absolutely addictive! There are a couple of decent pressure dents on the deck just ahead of the finbox from my rear foot but other than that it’s in great shape. This board is a bit stiffer than the Liddle’s, but it’s really not a factor for me.

I’m gonna glue up a new blank tomorrow and start on a new hull for my wife. LeeV’s post on his newest hull with rolled bottom pushed back really inspired me. My theory is that if I add the rolled bottom to the rear of the board and slightly soften the rails, it would make a more user friendly version for my wife. That way she’ll stop borrowing mine!

Marc

" The CHIPSTERS “what the hell is that” photo comp !! Enter now !!!" *

…says the maaaaan with the cat with the naked doll avitar

heehee

ben

[ * if only I knew what it was , I guess I would tell you ?]

How many of you ride both Liddle Inbetweeners and Pointbreaker models? i’ve read that the inbetweener is a little more forgiving and versatile, but when you get it in lined up pointsurf, will there be noticeable performance sacrifice? I would think the inbetweener paddles a little better too, y/n?

Got straight from the hands of KP...
Board was damaged in shipping, damage repaired, and yellow overcoat added...
Turned board over to a friend who does art, gave carte blanche, surprise me...
I'm well pleased...!!!...
7'2" of magic...!!!...

Liddle 8’ beginner surfboard - $100 (goleta) pic

Wow , looks like Matt Miller is put his Velo copy by Paul Gross up for sale. I would buy it but my wife would kill me.

Hey hullophiles I found this if anybody’s looking for vintage:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/spo/250713059.html

I emailed the gy and he replied that “The shaper’s name is on the board: Andriari” I think it’s an Andreini.

I’d pick it up but my wife keeps talking divorce every time I buy a board.

Hey Sean,

I picked up that 7’0" Andreini hull on CL. I already saw it before you posted it. It was only a few blocks away! It was made for a girl named “Maria”. There is no decal or label. Only the signature “Andreini for Maria”. It was probably made in the 80’s because it was made for “Maria” when she was a little girl and now she is about 30 (maybe around 20 yrs. ago?). Nice hull plan shape. Wide point around 6-8" ahead of center. Bottom hull less than my Liddle but still some. Rails are pinched but are lower in the middle than my Liddle. Tail foil very much like my Liddle. Nose is pretty thick and has a pretty heavy glass job.

I’m getting a fin box put in it and I ordered a new 9" volan NGL fin from Chuch Ames. I’ll post some pics when I get it back from the repair shop. I think it will be a really “fun board”.

Jim

Torrance, CA