post Hull pics

Quote:

jusr dropped one of at the moonbase, will post pic when board is done

Looking forward to that!!

yeah, i have pic of it from my shaping room and the show room racks but my camera crapped out and i wasn’t able to download. sucks to wait.

In response to 9N78W’s glass bead question, this is what I did to my Liddle Pointbreaker a few days ago when I was bored and the surf was flat.

deck side:

bottom side:

I just used UV resin only. No glass. Taped off the tail and poured. Filled in that rounded edge and made a real sharp 90 degree edge. Haven’t ridden it yet though. Maybe next week.

Here are a couple pics of the board. Custom 7’4" Liddle Pointbreaker I ordered from Greg and shipped to my house (no damage). 18 3/4" nose, 14 7/8" tail, thin bladed rails. A lot of fun on steeper faster waves. I also have a 7’9" more inbetween shape that is great too (thanks to Matt).

Jim

Hey Jim, thats how I do it . Greg is makin some nice boards with those US and Walker blanks, Ive got 6 new ones here at my place if anyones lookin. ( shamless plug) ! Also some Bio foam Liddles maybe comin soon.

hey 9N78W, that’s what mine looked like also.

-S

Liddle PBer looks sweet with the round tail – i got the rounded-square. That pic makes it clear - the bead.

thx,

jason

jim- nice job on the bead work! looks just about perfect…hope you are having fun on that 7’9"…

laying this bead on the tail: so this release … this is so at lower speeds on smaller waves the board planes out quicker?

I saw a Gee Bee at the Beach House last weekend and have been trying, to no avail, to find some some pictures to post. Brian and KP have really done it. The nicest blend of curves on a short vehicle as I’ve seen. The curves on other short hulls I’ve seen seem a bit forced to me, but on the Bee Gee outline they flow just right. Maybe its the width being carried the entire length of the board. Pretty cool to hold it up next to the old Greenough spoon to see the lineage. Should have taken some pics…maybe next time.

Bee Gee? blended curves? … no pics? Y’re killing me.

is it like the Siglo 21?

I think Sig. was a crude version 1 of the Gee Bee. Pics at http://www.mollusksurfshop.com under Fineline. Gee Bee was an old racing airplane that was all engine and control surfaces. I think it held the piston driven air speed record for a while. The stubbiest airplane of them all…

Go to the Mullosk Surfshop site they have some pix. This board looks rad, I think I saw a prototype back in December that a buddy borrowed. Drooolllllllll…

8 foot Spence Surfboards stringerless

siglo came first. it is a copy of a board that never got finished. steve has had it in his rafters for probably 30 years.more or less a door with a nose shaped into it…

Hey SK, great outline–is that EPS/epoxy? Please to post a rocker/S deck/profile shot?

EDIT Guys, I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but Mollusk has a trailer of what I guess is a hull film coming out. Dave Lloyd footage of Steve K and some other stuff, looks like Alex Kopps is putting it all together–nice stuff.

Shaped from a Surfblanks America 10’3" black.

FN beautiful!?!

thx, SK

Hey! That’s my new Spence! Stoked, looks stunning. I’m going to pick it up Wednesday and drive straight to Hullandia and slide some.

I’ve got a 6’2" GeeBee in the glass shop right now. As soon as I pick it up I’ll post some photos. As Lee said, the curves are perfect. BH & KP hit the nail on the head.

Jank, The music behind Big Al’s clip on Mollusk is a flawless fit. Good thing for you it’s summer and there lots of washed up bands playing at a county fair near you.

GeeBee:

http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/lab/4515/Dool.jpg

PM’d you, dog